The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Horizon hobby

Old 10-06-2010, 07:55 PM
capitalB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Horizon hobby

Just a "heads-up" I ordered some small stuff from Horizon and it was all in stock,order totaled $45.I chose standard shipping because I only live one state away and usually get my order in a day or two.I called about the status of my order and they told me now they ship UPS parcel-post and I would get my stuff in 7-10 days! The best part is while I was on hold,their hold information bragged about the fact that if you order before 3,they will ship it the same day. My order is of no use to me as I will make the 1.5 hr round trip to the hobby shop.I guess what bothers me most is that I paid $5 to ship 6ozs worth of product and they could have USPS priority enveloped it for $3.Just some thing to keep in mind next time you order..
Old 10-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Tarasdad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Horizon hobby

UPS or USPS? Makes a difference.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:54 AM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: capitalB
they told me now they ship UPS parcel-post and I would get my stuff in 7-10 days!
You must mean UPS Ground or USPS Parcel post??, She probably misspoke or you misunderstood,
Either way it won't take 7-10 days, that's the standard line that the girl is reading from
I don't order from Horizon, but when I order from Tower right down the street, UPS typically take 3-4 days Max, I'm one state over too.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:09 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: capitalB

I guess what bothers me most is that I paid $5 to ship 6ozs worth of product and they could have USPS priority enveloped it for $3.Just some thing to keep in mind next time you order..

Are you mad at Horizon for charging the $5 or yourself for paying it?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:09 AM
fargophil

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I put in an order with Tower recently and they shipped it by UPS to Austin TX where it was mailed to my home in Oklahoma CIty. For some strange reason they have determined it is probably cheaper to do it this way. I do know it definitly takes a lot longer.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:19 PM
eddieC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I rarely order from Tower or Horizon, only when absolutely needed. USPS seems to be OK tho.

Try prop-shop dot com. They're outside Detroit. Ship usually same day, and for actual cost of shipping. Great service, and if item isn't in stock they say so. I've gotten stuff next day, but am 90 miles from them.

Search this Thread