Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby People nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:24 PM
warbird addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby People nightmare

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT it was not a glitch on my end it was on theirs and they dumped it in my lap to deal with.
And I was not bashing ANYBODY I was passing my experience along in hopes of saving somebody else the same grief,but some people just can't resist kicking a gift horse in the
ba!!s.
Whatever, I'm done taking a bunch of slack for tryin to give everybody the heads up
I mean if I handed you a loaded gun and told you it was loaded what do you have to do shoot yourself it with before you figure out it was loaded, well ok do what ya gotta do LOL
I never once said don't buy from them or they suck or anything of the sort.
Like I said, whatever, at this point I really could care less ,pull the trigger and take your chances
Old 11-11-2010, 09:53 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Just curious, How long did it take to get your cash released?
Old 11-11-2010, 06:25 PM
warbird addict

I went in saturday and it hadn't come off yet but I was able to convince the bank to cancel the transaction and take the funds off hold and put them back in my account.
On the upside of things my lhs was able to get me the corsair thru global and I didn't have to pay shipping, I didn't know they did buisness with global and for that matter neither did they
until they tried to find the corsair and it led them to globals site, they did some checking thru their list of vendors and found out they were a dealer for them, hopefully it will be here tomorrow and the best part is they never asked me to pay for it twice.
It all worked out in the end but HP still made me mad as hell with their obvious lack of accountability in the matter.
My heartburn with them was not that they made a mistake or that the funds were on hold,
it was that they made no attempt to figure out where they made their mistake and give me a solid answer as to what was being done about it.

thanks for the follow up
Old 11-12-2010, 09:29 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has the skill of using punctuation in a posting gone out of style?
Old 11-12-2010, 02:04 PM
warbird addict

who really cares, it's not like we're writing a term paper
Old 11-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Tarasdad

Basic communications skills are sadly lacking these days.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:21 PM
warbird addict

LMFAO!!!!!!
Ya know it's pretty sad that some peple lead such a sheltered life that they have nothing better to do with their time than lurking around an internet forum looking for somebody they can criticize about their punctuation skills.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Clay Walters

Well, I read thru the entire thread and have to say I agree with Warbird Addict at every level. 100% the plane should have shipped whether or not Hobby People have a glitch or not. They made their problem his.

That said; I've had great luck with a number of transactions with Hobby People and won't hesitate to order from them again...unless they do me like they did Warbird. That would change my thinking too.

But the funny part is that Hobby People is Global's retail arm.

Oops! They didn't lose a sale after all.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:50 PM
warbird addict

I'll give ya that one Clay LOL, but HP would have gotten the sale directly had they not $crewed the pooch.
Either way it's all good with me, I got my plane and didn't have to pay for it twice.
I've wanted a large corsair in the worst way and don't have time to stick build one
so I've got the jones going really bad for this bird, if it's as nice as it looks I may have to eat my words and stick my neck on the chopping block to get the B-17 I want from them.

ORIGINAL: Clay Walters

Well, I read thru the entire thread and have to say I agree with Warbird Addict at every level. 100% the plane should have shipped whether or not Hobby People have a glitch or not. They made their problem his.

That said; I've had great luck with a number of transactions with Hobby People and won't hesitate to order from them again...unless they do me like they did Warbird. That would change my thinking too.

But the funny part is that Hobby People is Global's retail arm.

Oops! They didn't lose a sale after all.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:37 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Hard to truly judge when you only get one side of the story,, It would seam all ended well
Old 11-12-2010, 11:02 PM
warbird addict

Yeh like I said it's all good now, I should have gone to my LHS to begin with, had i known they could get it for me I most certainly would have.
Many mistook the intention of my original post and I took a few on the chin, but no offense taken, I'll always give as good as I got with no offense intended.
I'll post up a review on the Corsair, pros and cons etc. when it shows up so that others that may be interested in getting one will have more info to work with, kit contents,build quality, weak points etc.
Hopefully the grammer and punctuation nazi's will let me get through it without a forum fistfight LOL
Old 11-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

deleted by Tcat
Old 11-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Sorry warbird, you may as well forget it once you start to get gang-banged here. The guy in the middle is you now, doesn't matter how right you think you are.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:56 PM
warbird addict

I don't curl up and cover my face,anybody that throws a punch at me better damned well be prepared to eat one in return, as long as I'm still standing I'm gonna be swingin LOL
Old 11-22-2010, 04:50 PM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I worked for Hobby People in Las Vegas for a few years in the 90's. They are not out to screw anyone. They want to make a proffit just like any store, but thats just good buisness. I think that your problem is with the workers that Hobby People hired to work at that store. I know of a lot of stores that have people that I would not want to deal with, but still shop at the store. I am glad it worked out for you, and am looking at flying one of the BH Corsairs, so if you do a review, GREAT! Can't wait to see your data.