Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Chinese Hobby Shops.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:24 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Chinese Hobby Shops.

Unfortunately most chinese companies do not have the quality control that is expected everywhere else in the world.  They are good followers thanx to their history.  Any major distributor needs to have a QC person at the factory at least for a while to guide them so they know what is expected.  I have heard stories that they just needed guidance to put more glue on firewalls and landing gear etc. and once they know they are OK but will never know if no one tells them.  I just bought a couple sets of step drills  made in china and the flutes were cut on the wrong part of the oval so about half of them don't work. I guess I have to sharpen them myself.  I returned them  but the next two packages are the same.  (Just load the machine as fast as you can, hurry hurry)  I am sure they would do it properly if someone told them but they are half way around the world and will likely never know. And their reputation suffers.  As I said before some day their money value will equalise if their government lets it, and the lower prices will level out and the quality will make or break them.  Like the Japanese did after the war.  Made in Japan used to be a bad thing like made in China is now.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:03 AM
jessiej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then there was the recent shipment of vehicles from GM with no brake pads.

jess
Old 03-21-2012, 09:52 AM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Chinese are very capable of producing high quality goods and there are high quality Chinese made goods out there. The discounted stuff is made using low cost labor, materials, and poor or no QC. Most of the stuff Hobby King sells falls into that category but they stock a few quality parts that are actually made elsewhere. Much of the stuff sold by US suppliers is made in China but it is made to a higher standard and that is why they are more reliable. So not everything made in China is junky, just some of it.