Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

BUY & SELL NOT WORKING

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:31 PM
bkseyer
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BUY & SELL NOT WORKING

I deleted it.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:32 PM
TSHARK203
My Feedback: (206)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

PLEASE NOTE:

If you experience trouble in the marketplace, before you post what the problem was, scroll to the bottom of the marketplace page.

There, in VERY faint, light gray letters is a line of text. The first part of that text is the server from which you are currently viewing the site.

It will say, ''RCU1'', ''RCU2'', ''RCU3'', or ''RCU4''

Then come in here, list the problem you are having AND denote which server you are on at the time

Thank you for your support
ok here you go
RCU4 | 71.91.20.184 | 129112 | 1 | 03:30:24 PM EST | YC
i can not post pics under my sales.
thanks and i hope this helps some what
Old 12-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Rodman2
My Feedback: (5)

Here is theserver informationthat was located on thebottom of the page where I attempted toupload my photos to my add. Ihope this helps.

RCU3 | 63.230.61.97 | 536485 | 1 | 03:51:07 PM EST | YC

Old 12-11-2010, 04:13 PM
sleeper607

Not to add fuel to the fire. But I can not get the word search in the forums to work. I can understand the issues and can accept the fact that it can take time. I work closely with the IT department and my friends work in IT also. Some people on here need to realise that its not just like fliping on a switch to fix an IT problem and other things you can just flip a switch but it takes time afterwords for things work things out.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:22 PM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

Yeah, This sucks
Old 12-11-2010, 05:09 PM
CKLLOYD

I GOT THIS......500 - Internal server error. AND MORE ALSO WONT LET ME SIGN OUT. I JUST RELISTED A ADD AND THAT HAS PROBLEMS TOO. DAM THIS IS GETTING OLD FAST.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:55 PM
skynet33

I really miss the old RCU. I guess change isn't always good[:'(]
Old 12-11-2010, 09:33 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: greengoose

RCU 1 thru ten hundred .5, It never used to be that way before, Howcome rc groups can do it the simple way and the rest of them for that matter, It is as simple as American Appler Pie on the other rc sites, what on earth came up all of a sudden with RCU, is this an intended detterent to keep certain people off of the site? There was a discussion at our field a couple of days ago and there were two retired computer programmers there that were even blown away by the new RCU computer malarkie, A person gets so used to something and in this case RCU Marketplace, and this devistation takes place, Don't get me wrong, RCU is my (our premier) hobby site, and without it I would have quit a long time ago, I have gained so much expierience from this site and I have also shared my expierience on this site and this comes along, Don't they get it, the buy sell mods DO NOT WORK PERIOD, I'm SORRY.....I'm just afraid that my next complaint letter is one of permanent Farewell to RCU, But not without an expression of my appreciation because I do appreciate RCU....
RCU is a FAR more complex program than the competing sites - this is one of the reasons it's #1
Old 12-11-2010, 09:55 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

RCU is a big part of my life and hobby, I can not think of what it would be like without it! I will take the good with the bad, and I know it will be right soon!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:15 AM
greengoose

Yes I do agree that RCU is # one, it's just me, It's as if I lost something very important if it doesn't function correctly, It's kinda if like your close girlfriend develops a severe case of wondering eye all of a sudden, but they say it can only get better with RCU and it is, I just need more patience, sorry RCU for the tantrums...
Old 12-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

The server migration generated more bugs than expected and IT is working daily to not just patch them, but fix them. In the interest of keeping RCU safe, fast and scalable into the future it is time to fix the things holding RCU back so we can make the site simpler to navigate, faster to use, and secure.

Nobody uses RCU as much as myself or the mods and it's frustrating for us as well. Thank you for your continued support over the last 10 years RCU has been around and for your patience as they work to make RCU better for the next 10 years and beyond.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:32 AM
mcrotor

Here it is.

RCU3 | 65.31.101.60 | 260741 | 1 | 07:24:03 AM EST | YC

On the main classified page my listing does not show the featured picture, just a box with an x in it. Several of the pics in my ad are not there, just boxes with x's in them. Cannot renew, or clone my ad. Will no upload any pictures to my ad.

mcrotor
Old 12-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: mcrotor

Trying to post ad . Will not let me upload any pics.

I am also having the problem of up loading pictures... getting all kinds of reasons from site... but nothing yet...

Another question: has the stock photo option been deleted from the RCU site?
Old 12-13-2010, 06:50 AM
Richard39

ORIGINAL: Nathan

The server migration generated more bugs than expected and IT is working daily to not just patch them, but fix them. In the interest of keeping RCU safe, fast and scalable into the future it is time to fix the things holding RCU back so we can make the site simpler to navigate, faster to use, and secure.

Nobody uses RCU as much as myself or the mods and it's frustrating for us as well. Thank you for your continued support over the last 10 years RCU has been around and for your patience as they work to make RCU better for the next 10 years and beyond.

Thanks for this update... I am not having any problem except trying to upload a picture.... plus can not find and stock pictures.... Thanks...
Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 AM
bradbranch
My Feedback: (25)

I would really like to see what you are is being offered but RCU must not allow big pictures anymore.

Just large thumbnails?

Also I can't ask questions, I think you need to find a new IP or IT personal. Migrating to a new server should have been flawless. I know for sure the DT would say “Your Fired”
Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Richard39

ORIGINAL: bradbranch

I would really like to see what you are is being offered but RCU must not allow big pictures anymore.

Just large thumbnails?

Also I can't ask questions, I think you need to find a new IP or IT personal. Migrating to a new server should have been flawless. I know for sure the DT would say “Your Fired”

How big a picture is allowed now?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Richard39

I have not been able to send pictures or down loaded stock pictures into my sell items.... Has this been addressed before today? I can not find an answer... thanks....

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Actually guys, this advice is right on the money and fixed a lot of people that were having problems. I don't know everything in the world, but I do IT for a living and I do know that this is a good fix for the issue. Humans are idiots and most of us have a hard time remembering numbers, and unfortunately all addresses on the internet are expressed as IP addresses (numbers). So that us poor feeble humans don't have to remember a long string of numbers for their favorite website (74.125.227.51, this is the IP address for Google) DNS, which stands for Domain Name Service, was invented. It let's us type in the website name such as Google.com to get to our favorite websites. When we type it in DNS goes out to DNS servers on the internet to translate the domain name to it's IP address, and then your request for that site is then sent out to that IP address. This is a core backbone service to keeping the internet running.

So how does this translate to rebooting your computer? In order to keep internet traffic down and a new request being sent out everytime you go to a website, our computers cache the IP address for websites that we visit, basically it keeps a running list of the IP addresses. It does this so that a new DNS request doesn't have to be sent out everytime you visit the same site. This list is cached only for the time that your computer is up and running, when you shut down or reboot that cached list is lost. When RCU moved to new servers it's changed IP addresses. So if your home computer was up and running at the time that we made the move your system's DNS would be trying to send traffic to the IP address it had cached, which would have been RCU's old IP address. By rebooting the computer it clears out that list so that when you once again try to come to RCU your system will request and get the new IP address for RCU. So Mike's advice is right on the money. I think I must have given this advice to at least 10 or 11 people that I got email from saying they couldn't get back in once RCU came back up. As a side note, you can accomplish the same thing without rebooting on a Windows machine. You can open up a command prompt and type in the command ''ipconfig /flushdns''. This forces your computer to dump the cached list of IP addresses and start out fresh. I just told everybody to reboot as it was easier than typing out the instructions for manually flushing the cache.

Ken
Old 12-13-2010, 09:45 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I just gave up trying to fix my listings for now,, nobody buys stuff for themelves right before xmas anyway.