Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Found some old rc plane stuff

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Found some old rc plane stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 10:22 AM
ricerkid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found some old rc plane stuff

First off, i couldnt find the category to put this in in the rc airplane section.

Anyways my friend gave me a really old nitro plane and as far as i know everything works, just i took everthing off of the plane because the plane was trashed. the motor still runs and the rx and servos should work. i was wanting to know if this stuff is worth anything, and if so how much? Also if your interested in it hit me up with a pm or just say it on here.

here are some pics!
the servos and reciever:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98345.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	342.7 KB
ID:	1533738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97872.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	357.0 KB
ID:	1533739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43808.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	1533740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11754.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	1533741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44526.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	1533742  
Old 12-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Found some old rc plane stuff

That equipment is still quite flight worthy. The 148 servos were some of the most reliable ones available in their time and are still very good. The 127 receiver was and still is a very good and reliable FM receiver. I would not hesitate to use that receiver and that motor on any plane today. If the servos are in working order (no stripped or broken gears) they could also continue to be reliably used. I would use all new batteries though if you choose to use this system. Also check the wiring at the battery connections in both transmitter and switch harness to be sure that no "black wire disease" is present. If these old batteries are NiCad and had a leak at the positive terminal, it can cause that problem which can only be corrected by total replacement of all affected wires. If you do not know about "black wire disease" check out http://www.hangtimes.com/redsbatteryclinic.html
In fact, that site has a virtual gold mine of information for any new comer to radio control, especially valid battery information for all types of batteries.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:22 PM
STUKA BARRY

The OS Max FP40 is worth about $35-$40.00 If the receiver works and passes a 75ft. range check, is worth about the same, if the servos all work properly are worth about $5.00 a piece, and the switch reguardless of operation, should be thrown away and new one purchased for $7.00. The switch is always the weakest link, so dont even waste your time with it, trash it.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Teachu2
My Feedback: (133)

ORIGINAL: STUKA BARRY

The OS Max FP40 is worth about $35-$40.00 If the receiver works and passes a 75ft. range check, is worth about the same, if the servos all work properly are worth about $5.00 a piece, and the switch reguardless of operation, should be thrown away and new one purchased for $7.00. The switch is always the weakest link, so dont even waste your time with it, trash it.

Barry is right in line with current prices IMHO.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:35 PM
ricerkid

any of you guys wanna buy the stuff?
Old 12-13-2010, 03:36 PM
rcairflr
My Feedback: (44)

ORIGINAL: STUKA BARRY

I think you are way high on the receiver. 72Mhz receivers are very hard to sell. There are numerous in the for sale ads here on RCU from $12-$20

You may get lucky and someone here may contact you and want this stuff, but your best bet may be to put it in the for sale Ads
Old 12-13-2010, 03:43 PM
ricerkid

ORIGINAL: rcairflr
I think you are way high on the receiver. 72Mhz receivers are very hard to sell. There are numerous in the for sale ads here on RCU from $12-$20

You may get lucky and someone here may contact you and want this stuff, but your best bet may be to put it in the for sale Ads
should i sell everything together or seperate?

Old 12-13-2010, 06:30 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You will probably get more money if you split it up. Please do not use the discussion forums to sell your items. You may place ads in the RCU Market Place. Thanks Dave
Old 12-13-2010, 06:57 PM
ricerkid

ORIGINAL: DavidAgar

You will probably get more money if you split it up. Please do not use the discussion forums to sell your items. You may place ads in the RCU Market Place. Thanks Dave
yeah sorry about that, i was just asking if any of it was worth anything, i just listed it all forsale in the market place.