Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

BUY & SELL NOT WORKING

Old 12-09-2010, 05:55 PM
boxbeam
My Feedback: (188)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BUY & SELL NOT WORKING

Must be the WIKI LEAKS hacker hired by Ebay.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:06 PM
ciscoracing18
My Feedback: (21)

Well The classified worked for a day and down again.Well it was fun while it lasted.I hope they get it working soon I know it must be a real pain for them.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:10 PM
fastcat777

just post pics here....lol anyone looking for a boat this christmas..???????? New buy&sell........lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72779.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1532364  
Old 12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
stagger123
My Feedback: (19)

LMAO fastcat
Old 12-09-2010, 07:37 PM
KansasFlyer

Buy and Sell worked for me as of 21:35 Central time on 09 December. Happy buying, (or browsing like me!)
Old 12-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Doomking
My Feedback: (38)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still no luck.....If tech support is reading this can you please tell the rest of us ....WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ???

Thanks
Old 12-09-2010, 08:05 PM
KansasFlyer

It works to browse, just incredibly slow. Click on something, build a while, then maybe it'll be loaded.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:13 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Doomking

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ???
Look guys, it's simple. The site was moved to bigger better faster servers. But several bugs popped up in the move. Once things are straightened out it will work better than before.

But you all know how computers are. RCU is an EXTREMELY complex program so when a bug pops up, it can be a nightmare to fix. But it's not like people are sitting back laughing about it. They programmers are working very hard to get it right.

Having people yell about getting it fixed is like blowing your horn in a traffic jam, everyone knows you're there, blowing your horn just makes noise and adds to the confusion. It does NOT help a darn thing.

We profusely apologize for this inconvenience, but it's not like it was intentional. The Marketplace will be up and running as soon as they find the bug and kill it.

PS, if some people are getting in and others aren't, try rebooting your computer.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:45 PM
JCOKEEFE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

ORIGINAL: Doomking

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ???
Look guys, it's simple. The site was moved to bigger better faster servers. But several bugs popped up in the move. Once things are straightened out it will work better than before.

But you all know how computers are. RCU is an EXTREMELY complex program so when a bug pops up, it can be a nightmare to fix. But it's not like people are sitting back laughing about it. They programmers are working very hard to get it right.

Having people yell about getting it fixed is like blowing your horn in a traffic jam, everyone knows you're there, blowing your horn just makes noise and adds to the confusion. It does NOT help a darn thing.

We profusely apologize for this inconvenience, but it's not like it was intentional. The Marketplace will be up and running as soon as they find the bug and kill it.

PS, if some people are getting in and others aren't, try rebooting your computer.
[8D]To Minnflyers response, I say AMEN. Enough already.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:00 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

And having those in charge of the site not explain to their customers what is going on is the cause of that behavior. It's not hard to put a site-wide sticky up. Why not address the issue directly and save everyone the questions?

That's silly advice. Stick to what you know.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:14 AM
MinnFlyer

ORIGINAL: MikeL

Nothing is silly if it works Mike. When RCU went came back up after the change over, I was getting notification emails, but I couldn't get in. So SOME people were getting in, but I couldn't.

I rebooted - I got in.

I was simply offering a piece of advice that MIGHT be helpful - Isn't that what I'm supposed to do? Or do you feel the need to criticize that too?

Now who's being silly?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:32 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Nothing is silly if it works Mike. When RCU went came back up after the change over, I was getting notification emails, but I couldn't get in. So SOME people were getting in, but I couldn't.

I rebooted - I got in.

I was simply offering a piece of advice that MIGHT be helpful - Isn't that what I'm supposed to do? Or do you feel the need to criticize that too?

Now who's being silly?
And yesterday when I went outside, it started to snow. Did it start to snow because I went outside? Spurious correlation isn't helpful. It MIGHT be helpful to spin three times in your chair before clicking a link, too.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:38 AM
avidflyguy
My Feedback: (48)

hey maybe we should list things for sale here on this forum, since the buy and sell is all f ed up. hurry up, i have cash burning a hole in my pocket and want to get a couple things before christmas for my boy
Old 12-10-2010, 06:39 AM
MinnFlyer

Mike, if you don't have something constructive to say, please don't say anything.

I offered a suggestion that might be helpful. Your constant criticism is of no help to anyone and it only shows your lack of respect for the other forum members for whom my suggestion may have worked.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:42 AM
stagger123

thanks Mike thats the first time anyone has answered why.No one from RCU has replied to the thread
Old 12-10-2010, 07:48 AM
MinnFlyer

I apologize for that stagger, it's just that there were so many of these "The (Fill in the Blank) is not working" threads that I thought we had covered them all.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:51 AM
MinnFlyer

BTW, for what it's worth, I am able to get into the Marketplace now.

Is there anyone who still can't get in?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:10 AM
stagger123

Mike the problem is not getting in .the problem is it takes 8min for a page to load its like the old dial up days.we are all spoiled with high speed internet.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:19 AM
MinnFlyer

Well again, we've got a team who is working on it as we speak. It may take some time, but once the bugs are out, it should be worth all the hassle.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:27 AM
DGrant

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Well again, we've got a team who is working on it as we speak. It may take some time, but once the bugs are out, it should be worth all the hassle.
Thanks for the updates Mike.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:27 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: MikeL

Actually guys, this advice is right on the money and fixed a lot of people that were having problems. I don't know everything in the world, but Ido ITfor a living and Ido know that this is a good fix for the issue. Humans are idiots and most of us have a hard time remembering numbers, and unfortunately all addresses on the internet are expressed as IPaddresses (numbers). So that us poor feeble humans don't have to remember a long string of numbers for their favorite website (74.125.227.51, this is the IPaddress for Google) DNS, which stands for Domain Name Service, was invented. It let's us type in the website name such as Google.com to get to our favorite websites. When we type it in DNSgoes out to DNSservers on the internet to translate the domain name to it's IPaddress, and then your request for that site is then sent out to that IPaddress. This is a core backbone service to keeping the internet running.

So how does this translate to rebooting your computer? In order to keep internet traffic down, and a new request being sent out everytime you go toa website,our computers cache the IPaddress for websites that we visit, basically it keeps a running list of the IPaddresses. It does this so that a new DNSrequest doesn't have to be sent out everytime you visit the same site. This list is cached only for the time that your computer is up and running, when you shut down or reboot that cached list is lost. When RCUmoved to new servers it's changed IPaddresses. So if your home computer was up and running at the time that we made the move your system's DNS would be trying to send traffic to the IPaddress it had cached, which would have been RCU's old IPaddress. By rebooting the computer it clears out that list so that when you once again try to come to RCUyour system will request and get the new IPaddress for RCU. So Mike's advice is right on the money. Ithink Imust have given this advice to at least 10 or 11 people that Igot email from saying they couldn't get back in once RCUcame back up. As a side note, you can accomplish the same thing without rebooting on a Windows machine. You can open up a command prompt and type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns". This forces your computer to dump the cached list of IP addresses and start out fresh. Ijust told everybody to reboot as it was easier than typing out the instructions for manually flushing the cache.

Ken
Old 12-10-2010, 12:21 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Things should be better on the classifieds now.  Please test and let us know
Old 12-10-2010, 12:24 PM
DGrant

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks Marc... it is running much better for me now. Have a good day.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:30 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Thank you!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:23 PM
greengoose

Making an ad and when uploading pics it decides to go bonkers and warns of errors and sometimes warning you of a possible security breach, one time I had to enter my house through an unlocked window because I Senior momented and left the keys on the countertop in the kitchen but I have never done any big no no's..not ever..
RCU, Please fix the site, especially the buy and sell part, we really miss things being at normal functionality all because you Guy's contribute so much to the Hobby and sport of RC. I also would like to thank you for allowing me the privelage to use RCU, Thank you so much..greengoose..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.