Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Stompers 1xAA toy trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:47 PM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stompers 1xAA toy trucks?

Doing some Christmas shopping and wondering what they have these days which is comparable to the Stompers they had back in the 80s than ran on a single AA battery? Saw Matchbox had Power Scouts but those are discontinued.

somegeek
Old 12-11-2010, 04:38 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Stompers 1xAA toy trucks?

I had a blue Jeep. Played with that thing for for countless hours when I was 10 yr. Me and my friends made dirt tracks and raced your Stompers around them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pko_iTP4sQ&feature=related[/youtube]
Old 12-12-2010, 02:52 PM
5353billboat

Default RE: Stompers 1xAA toy trucks?

I race RC pulling trucks and last year in PA a group came out and demonstrated Stomper Pullers. We use the pulling sled that came out years ago with the Stompers and have classes from Stock to unlimited modified with 280 motors stuffed out the side. Most use the Power Scouts which you can still find at Dollar General and Big Lots in the US. The track is 4ft long covered in felt and you would be amazed at what a stock 4WD Power Scout can pull.There will probably be Stomper Pulling this year again in Feb in Franklin PA. Lots of fun and cheap! Cheers BillCanada.