Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Foam Cutter HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 10:58 PM
outofrange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foam Cutter HELP

I am trying to build a foam cutter that i found on the internet. the site is http://www.nsrca.org/technical/tip_t...wer_supply.htm

And i have done all that it says to do . But i still have one black wire comming from the secondary and it blows the 1 amp slow blow fuse. Can someone help me with this please
Old 08-04-2003, 12:58 AM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

Default Foam Cutter HELP

I just finished one of these yesterday. How interesting.

If you have more than one wire coming from the secondary, are you sure it's the secondary? Many multi-tap transformers have more wires from the Primary side (A/C in), and only two wires coming out. If it is the secondary, your transformer has multiple outputs. Be sure you've got the right two wires going to the circuit board from the transformer. They usually come in a high and a low voltage on those multi-tap units. Sounds like maybe you have the two hot wires running to the board, and no the center wire, and the chosen hot wire out of the secondary. It would help if I knew what transformer you're using. Are there specs online somewhere (Mouser.com?) of the unit your using?

This all assumes the rest of the circuit is wired right.

Phil in Austin
Old 08-04-2003, 01:46 AM
outofrange

Default FOam Cutter

I got the transformer from Radio Shack # 273-1512b