Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Stolen gear

Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 PM
LeeL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen gear

Austin Tx. area flyers please keep your eyes and ears open. Last night some punks cut the lock off my trailer and stole quite a few items. we evidently scared them off when we let the cat out a 5am. door was open and several planes were still there.
They did get away with the following items

transmitters

futaba
14z
9cap
8uaps
6DA
hitec opti6
airtronic 6 channel

servos

hitec 5645 10 of them
futaba (standards) 5

Great Planes matt Chapman cap580 (little one)

Engines

DA 100
ZDZ80RV super
OS 61 FX

Digital servo programer
Hitec HS-20

Misc.

Jersey modeler fuel can with electric pump
field box (too much to list)
tool box (too much to list)
power inverter
smart-fly power system power expander pro
lots of servo extensions

It could have been much worse they didnt get 2 1/3 scale planes 2 1/4 scale planes and a couple of other everyday flyers. guess it was a good thing the Dang cat decided he needed to go out when he did. just wish I would have been a little earlier and had my pistol in hand...
Old 12-17-2010, 10:05 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Stolen gear

Sorry to hear that LeeL. I hope your insurance covers it. Bad thing is those items are valuable to us but to people outside of RC they are just about worthless.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:29 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent your info to our clubs web master. The site is being switched to a new provider but will be up shortly. I would contact, GAMA, LoneStar, HCAM, and Highland Lakes Flyers right away. You should contact both Hobby Towns and Hobby Express too. GAMA has their annual swapmeet in Jan. I dont know if theft flyers at the swapmeet would be a good idea, they might go underground for awhile. Maybe just have a bunch of people on the look out. I'll be there. Spring is swapmeet season in Texas. Contacts in San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Waco, and College Station wouldnt be a bad idea. Just a short drive to those places. I hate hearing about this. Our club store rooms were broke into 3 times last year. They got about $5k in equipment. Now we have two containers with lock boxes welded on them with a security system inside. More monthly expense to the club. Let me, the hobby shops, and the other local clubs know your contact info.
Edwin
Old 12-18-2010, 05:11 AM
tfarmer96

Lee sorry to hear this. Nothing worse than a thief. Will let the guys here in north Texas know. I would hope it's an idiot who has no idea what they have and not a fellow flyer. I would also keep an eye on eBay and craigs list. You may get the chance to meet the offender.

I sent out an email to everyone I know in the Rc community. Hope it helps
Old 12-18-2010, 05:16 AM
jim_franks

Sent a e-mail to all our club members in the Killeen area.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:42 PM
kurt2022
My Feedback: (18)

I will inform flyers in the rio grande valley
Old 12-18-2010, 04:16 PM
G-Pete

Lee, sorry for your loss -
I would highly suggest you post here the serial numbers of these Items. Also inform ALL pawn-shops and hobby-shops in your area and offer a Reward. Monitor also Craigslist and Greensheet - all these where you can place free ads.

A while back I posted this link here [link=http://www.dewaltmobilelock.com/main.asp]Dewalt mobile lock click here [/link], if you have a trailer and someone get in it - you will be notified in 3 different ways. If the trailer is completely gone you can easily trace them and inform the cops where the location is.

The theft of RC airplanes and eqipment is rare but it happens, just a sad fact.

c-ya on the flight line

transmitters
futaba
14z Serial #_________________
9cap Serial #_________________
8uaps Serial #_________________
6DA Serial #_________________
hitec opti6 Serial #_________________
airtronic 6 channel Serial #_________________
Engines

DA 100 Serial #_________________
ZDZ80RV super Serial #_________________
Old 12-18-2010, 04:25 PM
dalolyn
My Feedback: (7)

I would check Craig s list every other day for a month.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:27 PM
golf4two

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your post text sent via email to all ARCS members, hobby shops, etc., in San Antonio area. The word will get around our area very quickly.
Hope they catch them!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:03 PM
slowglowflyer

Not that it will likely do much good but I told the guys up here about it. Sorry for your loss and I do hope you get to meet up with the low-life *******s who stole from you.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:23 PM
LeeL

Thanks guys I really appreciate ya'll passing on the info. I am trying to round up all the serial numbers but I have to be honest that wasnt something I paid any attention to before the other day. another hard lesson learned. I do now have serial numbers for the stuff I have left and the reamaining planes have some new hidden marks for identifying them should they ever come up missing
Old 12-19-2010, 09:15 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lee,

The gasser company and some of the others like GP (Futabas) should be able to cross-ref your name and get you some of the S/N's.

There is a swap-meet coming up next month in Goergetown, and one the next month here in Garden Ridge near San Antonio. Please get whatever information you have together and build a poster with the item details to be posted at each swap meet. If you don't have the capabilities to make a poster, please contact me and I will help you make one up for each. We'll print out small hand-out sheets to give out at the door for attendees to inspect items throughout the facilities. We'll give cell numbers to call.

And I'll check on Craig's List and others every day for a while. I'll relay this info to the local clubs.

By the information you provided, the person who took your stuff knows RC and knows what he could take that would be hard to identify. But he (I'd actually venture THEY) made mistakes. They always do.

Yeah, I wish you'd shot them too.

~ Jim ~
Old 12-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Flyright
My Feedback: (92)

Hi Lee,
I just posted your notice to our club members here in NW Houston. Swap meet season is upon us so we'll be on the lookout.
-Stuart
Old 12-19-2010, 09:37 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Edwin

I sent your info to our clubs web master. The site is being switched to a new provider but will be up shortly. I would contact, GAMA, LoneStar, HCAM, and Highland Lakes Flyers right away. You should contact both Hobby Towns and Hobby Express too. GAMA has their annual swapmeet in Jan. I dont know if theft flyers at the swapmeet would be a good idea, they might go underground for awhile. Maybe just have a bunch of people on the look out. I'll be there. Spring is swapmeet season in Texas. Contacts in San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Waco, and College Station wouldnt be a bad idea. Just a short drive to those places. I hate hearing about this. Our club store rooms were broke into 3 times last year. They got about $5k in equipment. Now we have two containers with lock boxes welded on them with a security system inside. More monthly expense to the club. Let me, the hobby shops, and the other local clubs know your contact info.
Edwin
Sounds like the same guys to me. Were the locks cut? Does Lee ever fly at Leander?

~ Jim ~
Old 12-19-2010, 09:42 AM
tfarmer96

ORIGINAL: TexasSkyPilot

By the information you provided, the person who took your stuff knows RC and knows what he could take that would be hard to identify. But he (I'd actually venture THEY) made mistakes. They always do.

Yeah, I wish you'd shot them too.

~ Jim ~
Ya Jim i agree with the above statement. I would hope to be wrong. If this is a flyer and he gets found out i would think it would be the end of his flying at clubs in the state of Texas.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing worse than a thief. I hate thieves. I hope their bad karma catches up to them in the worst possible way.

Sorry for your loss!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Edwin

I fly at ARCA in Austin. We have a good idea who burglerized us. We had some cement poured early this year and 2 weeks after that happened we were robbed the first time. Then two months later and got the rest of high dollar stuff. Then four months later again, they stole cases of soft drinks, cleaned out the frig and a few minor tools.
Edwin
Old 12-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Barrycb
My Feedback: (35)

Will let the guys down in this area know about this so they can keep their eyes and ears open as well. Hope you catch them and they get what they deserve. Good luck
Old 12-20-2010, 10:39 AM
G-Pete

ORIGINAL: Edwin
I fly at ARCA in Austin. We have a good idea who burglerized us. We had some cement poured early this year and 2 weeks after that happened we were robbed the first time. Then two months later and got the rest of high dollar stuff. Then four months later again, they stole cases of soft drinks, cleaned out the frig and a few minor tools.
Edwin
[link=http://www.dewaltmobilelock.com/main.asp]Dewalt mobile lock click here [/link]
Old 12-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Edwin

Pete,
One of our old time members (Loyd) owns a security company. They were gracious enough to donate all the equipment. We paid the installation and monthly monitoring charge. Now we have to enter security codes every time we get into the containers. Most everybody avoids the store rooms like the plague. They dont want to be responsible for setting it off. Kind of a good thing now. We also got a game camera that takes pictures, even at night. It emails the pics when activated. All of our thefts happened during the day.
Edwin
Old 12-20-2010, 04:14 PM
jpflyer
My Feedback: (13)

I will pass the word here in the Corpus Christi area.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Speedfreek 68

Sorry Lee, to hear about that theft, I wil post on our website about this situation, we got you covered here in Laredo area, yours truly, RC Modelers Of Laredo. Club Pres. Jaime Ramirez
Old 12-21-2010, 05:38 AM
Speedfreek 68

Hey Lee, why don't you try to check at the pawn shops in your area, I if these burglers don't know how to fly, that is the first place they would go to get fast cash.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:29 PM
LeeL

took a list of items to the local hobby town store and been dropping in on local pawn shops in the area, nothing so far. the Austin PD sent out the crime scene unit they were able to get a bunch of fresh prints. I hadnt been in the trailer in a couple of months so they feel certian that they are the crooks finger prints. just hope the jerks have a record so they can id them. I did call my insurance company they are looking into wheather or not the items will be covered. (I got a feeling I know what that means) oh well thanks for letting me vent. it's been an expensive lesson but I now have a good detailed record of the rest of my stuff a new burgler alarm on the house and a new security system on my trailer. The real kicker is I work for Texas DPS I should have known to be more cautious, just got complacent with security.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:49 AM
BUDMAN27

Some jurk stole my inflatible santa out of my frunt yard the other day. I guess crocks get active around this time of year. Just remember something I learnd in the navy many years ago. What comes around goes around. They will get thiers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.