Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Banana Hobby Bad for Customers !!!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Banana Hobby Bad for Customers !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:15 AM
rltrahan
My Feedback: (128)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banana Hobby Bad for Customers !!!

Banana Hobby Bad for Customers

This is by no meens trying to flame a business but warn RCU memebers of a certain RC business which is already buiding a reputation for very poor or no customer service and taking peoples money. Banana Hobby is setting the bar for low standards when it comes to Customer service and there are many other retailer options out there for RCU memebers such as Nitroplanes, Hobby Lobby, EJF or even Eastiger models who have some really nice PF planes now. To start with I bought a plane from Banana Hobby to give as a Christmas present on 29 November which they sent me the wrong plane and it is now 20 December with no resolution and no contact from their customer service.

Here's how they did me over
I bought the Large scale A-10 from their sight and they sent me the smaller cheaper one in place of it. I immediately called them and they told me I could be wrong and received the plane I was supposed to. My jaw dropped when I was told that, first off Ive ordered both scale sizes from these guys so Im well aware of the differences between the two and second no matter what you do for a business you always give the costumer the benefit of the doubt and you don't tell them they are the one that made the mistake. I even told them what item numbers the planes are based off of their site and what I was supposed to get and the finally acted like it might be a problem. In other words it took me exercising some common sense to identify the difference between the planes and if I'm not mistaking this should be a job expectation of a banana hobby customer service rep but in my case obviously not. Well the next thing they asked me to do is take pictures of the plane and the box I received in which I did and I had it in an email to them with in the hour I got off the phone which this was 08 Dec. I sent it to the RMA address they asked me to send it to and tried to contact them back several times with no success. I have sent emails and called with no help or resolution to resolve a very simple problem. Its like they have completely blown me off and have no intention to give me the correct plane and I paid twice a much for a smaller plane I did not order. Now its almost Christmas and its safe to say this will not get resolved before then as it was intended as a present and I doubt it ever will. So Im either going to have to live with this plane for twice the cost or pursue the better business bureau in California to get my money back as some have done with these guys in the past. I hope my loss can serve as a warning to other members to avoid Banana Hobby at all cost. There are other sites likes the ones mentioned above for good foamy park flyers that you can have a piece of mind that you will get what you ordered and if not at least be able to correct the problem as with their customer service as it was meant for.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:47 AM
xviper-1

Default RE: Banana Hobby Bad for Customers !!!

Looks like nothing has changed with these guys. Perhaps a link to this lengthy thread about Banana Hobby's horrible reputation would be in order:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_69..._1/key_/tm.htm
Old 12-20-2010, 09:55 AM
outdoorhunting

I would think they've plenty of time the correct the problem by now. If you piad by credit card, instigate a "charge-back" to them. If PayPal, same deal !!! The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get anything done. Always, ALWAYS, document EVERYTHING you do to back up your word( jot down ALL phone calls, make copies of ALL emails, who you talked to, the time you talked to them & what they said. IF you've documented everything like that, the Credit card companies will help you out. Like I said the longer you wait, the less chance you have of getting anything done !! It's a big pain in the butt. It will have better results that losing a coupe hundred bucks. Good Luck !!!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:01 AM
rltrahan
My Feedback: (128)

You know that says it all right there, like you said Xviper-1. Nothing has changed with Banana Hobby and if they really cared anything about the hobby or the people in it they would have done something about these problems a long time ago. Fortunately I did charge this off of my ATM/Credit card from my bank and I can pursue getting my money wich I have USAA who is outstanding with dealing with problems like that, thanks for reminding me "outdoorhunting".
Old 12-20-2010, 02:34 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is already a thread dealing with just this subject matter so we don't need to start another one. Thanks Dave