Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Peak Models

Old 01-01-2011, 03:55 PM
RJetss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peak Models

I will be as fair as I can be, but this company has been around for some time now. Anyone else dealt with them? I've bought a Sbach 29%, and a 25% Yak combo with the SPE engine. Well this is where my problem comes in with them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't PEAK lieable if I have a problem with the motor I purchased from them ? Yes it is a SPE engine but they sold it to me. I've sent the engine back 2 times already. 1st time bad carbrator, then next time iginition system was faulty. Run backwards backfiring you name it. The last time I sent it back to them I sent it to them, not the engine factory, and they got very upset and said quote ( This will take a very long time now) Nice way to treat a customer huh. It's been 4 months and they don't even answer my emails no more. Is there anything I can do now? Yeah overseas buying can get ya. If anyone reads this and would like to give me an idea of what I might be able to do, please do so.
Oh and I never realyy did say this but if I was you and thought about buying I would carefully think and consider buying from a company that treats you with respect. Not like PEAK!
Old 02-15-2011, 03:04 AM
RJetss

Default RE: Peak Models

Another month went by. I had one responce from Peak. They said they sent engine to SPE. Over six months now and this is what I get for an answer. If your reading this and looking to invest in a nice plane watch out for this Peak Models guy. They are much lacking in responsibility. Maybe because if people don't live close to them they think they just can do what ever they want. LIKE RIP PEOPLE OFF! Ya I can go out and get another engine from hundreds of other dealers, but I might as well bash this company around for a while and let others know it can happen to them as well as it did to me.
Anyway my tip for today is STAY AWAY FROM PEAK.....THEY ARE NOT HONORABLE PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO RIP YOU OFF THE 1ST CHANCE THEY GET.
I will keep posting on this issue till I get there responce again. Stay tuned
Old 02-15-2011, 03:16 PM
carrellh

I get the impression that Peak is a dealer, not a service center. My guess is your warranty (if any) is a SPE warranty and you need to follow whatever guidelines SPE has for warranty work.

If I bought an OS engine at the local hobby shop, and had issues, I would send it to the OS service center. The LHS will not (can not) do warranty work. They will work on things at their 'shop rate' but that is different than warranty service.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:10 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

True, but typically a dealer will return/replace a defective item

Peak is like the many many Drop Ship Internet dealers aka E-tailers, Most of these guys work right out of the house and do nothing buy process orders through a distributor network. this lack of having stock, warehousing costs is why the prices are so cheap.

Typically you don't get left hanging, but if you choose to buy from Brand X hobbies, not a established business, you roll the dice, something it comes up snake eyes

you can become a dealer too http://www.sdshobby.net/index.php one of many site that do this
Old 02-16-2011, 05:13 AM
RJetss

I recieved an email yesterday from Peak explaining to me that SPE is on a Chinese New Year. They too said there waiting on them. I've been on the hook with this motor for 6 months now.
I was told by Peak to send them this engine and they would send it to SPE, and that the warrenty would be honored.
Again I will continue writing on this matter till Peak does something about it. Keep in mind I am not bashing them, but keeping others informed on how there company treats customers from afar. Buyers beware.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:27 AM
RJetss

I got an email the other day with 2 photos of my engine and the shipping box. YES they are mailing me back my motor. I will update when I recieve it in the mail.
Again keep this in mind, that I'm not bashing Peak but just letting others know what can happen when you deal with companies around the world. Sour taste in my mouth.........YES. 4 months for all this.
I will followup when I recieve it, but for now you have a comment or a story like this...Lets here it.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:44 AM
RJetss

NOTHIN YET AS OF 03-10-11
Old 03-23-2011, 01:02 PM
RJetss

Here we are March 23rd and still nothing. I'm telling ya WATCH OUT FOR PEAK. BUYERS BE WARE. LOTS OF TALK AND LITTLE OF ACTION TO BE FOUND HERE.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:29 PM
MrGoodwreck

I try my very best to not buy anything from China. Call me a hater if ya want.

I know it is very hard anymore, but I would rather do everything in my power to keep my money supporting what little US manufacturing I can.

Hope it works out for you sometime this year.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:39 AM
warningshot

ORIGINAL: RJetss

Another month went by. I had one responce from Peak. They said they sent engine to SPE. Over six months now and this is what I get for an answer. If your reading this and looking to invest in a nice plane watch out for this Peak Models guy. They are much lacking in responsibility. Maybe because if people don't live close to them they think they just can do what ever they want. LIKE RIP PEOPLE OFF! Ya I can go out and get another engine from hundreds of other dealers, but I might as well bash this company around for a while and let others know it can happen to them as well as it did to me.
Anyway my tip for today is STAY AWAY FROM PEAK.....THEY ARE NOT HONORABLE PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO RIP YOU OFF THE 1ST CHANCE THEY GET.
I will keep posting on this issue till I get there responce again. Stay tuned
Not bashing?? You may want to remember what you wrote. This whole post is bashing.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:49 AM
RJetss

I don't think this is bashing.........Just telling others that they should be ware Peak has not honored what they said they would. Todays the 27th and I still haven't seen nothing from them. Who's to say they haven't done this to a number of there customers.
There prices are nice, but if they can't stand behind there own word.....what good of a deal is it if you get a problem.
Personally I give them 2 big thumbs down.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:31 PM
misterv

Modellers from the rest of the World ( yes, there are people outside of US.) have been buying "OVERSEAS" for many years, and I can tell you, service from some of your (US.) big name suppliers are far from satisfactory. Once outside of thier comfort zone, they do not want to hear from you.
Ignore the fact if you must, but China has revoltunised aeromodelling, as it has in most industries and they are here for the long haul. They won't go away. They may change their practices a little, if it suits them but slowly the World will have to accept China on their terms.
By the way, Peak Models is not in China, but New Zealand, a country the envy of the World. It would be interested to see Peak Models version of this matter.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:43 AM
RJetss

Yes, I am quite aware that Peak Models isn't in China. It's not like I haven't dealt with them before. The motor came from them, but as a combo package on a Yak. The motor is an (SPE).
I've said it before and will say it again, that there quality of workmenship is very good. This isn't about there products, but rather standing behind a company they deal with. So to say they are middlemen with this.
I had a reply from Way (Peak Models) that the motor was shipped back to me, but normal mail service. So hopefully it will be soon that I recieve this package.
Misterv if you are in question on this whole matter you could look up Way at Peak. He's the representative who I have been dealing with.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:43 AM
RJetss

Keeping this honest as hell. Peak Models not honoring there emails they send .
Today is April 11, 2011 and I haven't seen nothing in the mail yet. Quite honestly for the ammount of people reading this I sure hope that they don't consider dealing with this company. There are alot of talk and very little action.
I have already purchased a motor to fit in the Yak I bought from them. It just burns me up that I bought that junk from them to begin with. I guess I got burned.
BUYERS BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY
Old 04-22-2011, 05:52 AM
RJetss

Today is April 22nd with nothing new. Peak emailed me 2 weeks ago and asked me for my phone number again and addy. They want to check the mail service. whata f*^&kn joke.
BUYERS AGAIN BE ADVISED THIS COULD BE YOU WITH YOUR ORDER.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:36 AM
RJetss

April 29th motor arrived. After months of screaming at them I finally recieved what appears to be my motor rebuilt. Let me hope it runs and finally put this nighmare to bed.