Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RCU Site Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 04:48 PM
RickShane
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU Site Problems??

Has anyone had problems this last week uploading any photos, making posts, of even getting on this site? I know it's not me because I'veuploaded photosa ton of times, and I'm not doing anything different. Here's what it does...

I tey and upload a photo and it just sits forever, then I hit cancel. Once Ihave made the cancel I can't even get back on RCU. I've tried to open a new page and still can't get to RCU. It's happened to me at work. Then at home on my computer, then had to go to another computer and it happened again. What's up with RCU?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:17 PM
kerwin50

Default RE: RCU Site Problems??

I'M having the same problem, I'm trying to do a build thread and I can't upload any photo's. I was able to just a few days ago but the past few day's I havn't been able to. I have windows 7
Old 01-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Joystick TX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had some of the same problems whenuploadijng photos. Had the same problems with three different computers. I finally gave up for the time being.

I heardthey were upgrading servers andalsothat they had a virus attack. Both may be true. Seems like it has been going on for a month or so.

It may take more time for them to get it all up and running normally again.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:10 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

this has been going on for weeks, the bugs are getting fixed,, it is much better that it was a few weeks back,, just keep trying
Old 01-22-2011, 02:08 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, a while back (Dec 1) RCU was moved to a new set of servers. The old software didn't play well with the new servers and the whole site went haywire.

They have most of the problems fixed, but there are still a few bug surfacing.

Like "scale only for me" said, Just keep trying
Old 01-22-2011, 04:54 AM
rcmiket

I've been trying for over a week to ad pictures with no luck. Even posting at times fails to work. Very frustrating on the user end.

Mike
Old 01-22-2011, 07:10 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

I have noticed that any personal stuff doesn't always load properly. Sometimes if I just click on the down arrow at the heading of the post to go to the last post in the group viewed, it doesn't work at all or it takes quite a while. Instead if I go to the last page in the list of pages( lets say page 530 ) and scroll down to the last post I read, this works.

Greg
Old 01-22-2011, 07:14 AM
rcmiket

Seems to be working this morning. I actually got to post pictures to update my posts. Hope it lasts.
Mike
Old 01-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Live Wire

There are so few people posting that they have a problem It is not worth the time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to fix it. Thiis site is not free, but it could be gone if they don't FIX IT.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:27 AM
scale only 4 me

I doubt that,,
Do you remember back when Rcu or RConline didn't have picture hosting at all and you actually had to use remote hosting like yahoo photos and then photobucket,,etc?
The site had plenty of activity back then and nobody complained

So spoiled are we
Old 01-22-2011, 10:40 AM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some times this week I couldn't even get into the forums. It would just sit there waiting. Other times I could get in fast. I know it is not my system because I tried it several places including work. When I cant get into RCU I go to RCG and have no problems.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Live Wire

It is not only the picture posting, Some times you can not even navigate the forum, and a lot of time even get on. When you do get on you can not tell if you are going to post or go blank[:'(] Yes I have been around for a long time and this is the worst I have ever seen this Forum and no responce from the Administrator.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:08 PM
scale only 4 me

The inconvenience to me hasn't been a big deal, I have other places to go play,,but I will say this, it would have been nice if when these issue first popped up the Admin would have made a forum wide announcement so there wasn't 500 threads asking what the problem is. These same "What's the problem?" threads are getting old
Old 01-22-2011, 04:31 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Picture upload test

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18731.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	1551441  
Old 01-22-2011, 04:32 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

As you can see, the upload is working. However, I am sure that others are having problems too. The problem is that RCU is hosted on multiple servers to load balance the site, during peak hours we can have up to 6-8 servers online. The problem you are having is more than likely related to a single server, and we probably need to reboot the server that is having problems. In order for us to know what server you are on is please do the following.

As soon as you try to upload and it fails, cancel your upload
Immediately click the "Magazine" button in the toolbar at the top of the page to go to the RCU Magazine.
Scroll to the bottom of  the page and look in the bottom middle of the page, you will see a line of text in faint grey.
The line of text will look similar to this
"RCU1 | 71.146.230.20 | 33180 | 1 | 04:25:21 PM EST | YC"

The first entry on that line will be the server you are currently on. In this case that would be "RCU1".

If you can find that info and report it to me I can pass info to the IT staff so they can address the problem.

Ken

Old 01-22-2011, 04:34 PM
rcmiket

Great info thanks.
Mike
Old 01-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Mustangman40

ORIGINAL: RCKen

As you can see, the upload is working. However, I am sure that others are having problems too. The problem is that RCU is hosted on multiple servers to load balance the site, during peak hours we can have up to 6-8 servers online. The problem you are having is more than likely related to a single server, and we probably need to reboot the server that is having problems. In order for us to know what server you are on is please do the following.

As soon as you try to upload and it fails, cancel your upload
Immediately click the "Magazine" button in the toolbar at the top of the page to go to the RCU Magazine.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and look in the bottom middle of the page, you will see a line of text in faint grey.
The line of text will look similar to this
"RCU1 | 71.146.230.20 | 33180 | 1 | 04:25:21 PM EST | YC"

The first entry on that line will be the server you are currently on. In this case that would be "RCU1".

If you can find that info and report it to me I can pass info to the IT staff so they can address the problem.

Ken

Will do Ken..
I been having the same problems as others..
Old 01-23-2011, 08:12 AM
Mustangman40

Just had it, it was RCU3.. It seems that when I try and load pics, i then cant navigate either. It did let me go to the page you said, but that was it. I had to log off of the Internet and log back on to get here to type this..

Man it can be aggravating when you type out a post and then try and load pics, then it wont even let me post what I typed...
Old 01-23-2011, 08:42 AM
OldRookie

This is good.

I got an email notification of a new post in this thread. I clicked on the shortcut in the email, and it only took 23 minutes to be able to access the thread. It took from 10:14 AM central time to 10:37 AM. When I got back in, I checked and was on RCU 3.

Greg
Old 01-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Mustangman40

RCU3 again!!!!!

Now I can navigate or post for about 3-5 clicks and then it locks up!!!

Not being a nagger, just trying to help you find the problem so you can help us ones who are having problems..

I am new to the site and have grown to like it, a lot. But with the problems is is more aggravating then it's worth, hope that it get better soon.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:12 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

I've sent a message off to the IT people to take a look at RCU3. Hopefully they'll get it taken care of quickly.

Ken
Old 01-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Live Wire

I have had problems with 1 3 now 2. I thought it may be my PC but I just changed every thing out today. I changed from XP to 7 nd a 500 G pc. Right now it is RCU2
Larry K

Just tride some thing If you go to the right side of the page to last post you can enter a long thread, Now that is blocked as a popup
Old 01-24-2011, 06:53 AM
RickShane

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

The inconvenience to me hasn't been a big deal, I have other places to go play,,but I will say this, it would have been nice if when these issue first popped up the Admin would have made a forum wide announcement so there wasn't 500 threads asking what the problem is. These same "What's the problem?" threads are getting old
Helloscale only 4 me this HAS been a big inconvenience to some people, and not everyone has a bunch of other places to go play,as inregistered on a bunce of other forums. This is the ONLYone Ibelong to. And as you say, "These same "What's the problem?" threads are getting old" Old or not, this has helped me, anda bunch of otherpeople on here. Andwe learned something from Admin on how to help them track the problem down. Thanks and have a good day!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Mustangman40

I was able to load pics and checked, i was on RCU2...
Just more info for you Ken.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:52 AM
OldRookie

Just got bumped off again.
The site went down at 9:04 AM central time, and couldn't get back on until 9:38 am.
I opened a second page when the first one went down, and had the same problems.
Both pages stopped trying to load at 9:24 and 9:32 , and I had to hit the reload current page button.
I checked and was on RCU 3 on both, and I also noticed that the clock for the server wasn't correct.
It is now 9:49 am central here, and the RCU 3 server is stating it is 7:49 am eastern time. This is a 3 hour discrepancy.

Greg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.