Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Warning, if you buy from Hobby King

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Warning, if you buy from Hobby King

Old 01-31-2011, 07:24 PM
ddierking
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning, if you buy from Hobby King

If you buy from Hobby King's USA warehouse and you need to do a warranty return, you have to ship the item back to CHINA. BS, I bought from the USA warehouse so I can get the items fast. I got a charger and it came DOA. Now I have to send it back to China, pay shipping back to China, and wait a month and a half to two months to get a replacement charger that may or may not work. Nowhere on their website does it state you have to send items you bought from their US warehouse have to be sent back to China.

I have placed my last order with them. I am done with them. This is my second bad charger and lipo that arrive puffed from them, no more.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:18 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Warning, if you buy from Hobby King

My stuff came thru and works better than imagined! My Accucel 8 is the cat's pajamas! I love that thing.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 AM
VIRGINIA MODEL BUILDERS
My Feedback: (159)

I hear what you are saying and I am glad that you have posted the problem here. You are correct about your feelings. Hobby King as well as other merchants should state where repairs and returns for defective merchandise must be sent. We sell 3 brands of gas engines manufactured in China. As a dealer here in the USA many, first time buyers with our company ask if there is a problem with the engine they purchase from us, what do they do for warrantee or after warrantee work they may need. Our answer is always the same." THE PRODUCT IS RETURNED TO US HERE IN AMERICA"
Hobby King as well as other merchants should state where repairs and returns for defective merchandise must be sent.
<o></o>

Old 02-01-2011, 05:17 AM
ddierking

Yea, they told me they would take my suggestion and add the information to their website. I told them that does me no good now. They have lost my business for sure.

I ordered a new charger from value hobby out of IL. They state on their webpage that all returns go to their IL address.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:17 AM
outdoorhunting

Guys, when ya gonna learn. Cheap price ain't always the best way to go!!!!! The reason the prices are cheap isn't because the seller is just a good guy & wants to sell stuff at or below his cost. He's cutting corners some where!! It might be customer service ( usually that's the first thing to go), maybe they bought the cheapest balsa they could find, maybe crappy instructions, cutting back on glue, or cheap glue. Everybody complains, but they still buy the cheap junk. YA GET WHATCHA PAY FOR !!!!!! Before you buy, do a little research on good old RCU. If the seller burnt somebody on a deal it'll show up here. If they burnt somebody before, guess what, they'll do it again. One of the biggest complaints I see is some guys don't understand that the planes are ARFs. Remember (Almost Ready To fly) The only way to stop this ripoff is to stick together & buy nothing, NOTHING, from the sellers that do this !! My 2cents
Old 02-01-2011, 06:20 AM
ddierking

I'm learning, I'm learning, LOL
Old 02-01-2011, 03:33 PM
red head

Buying junk because it was cheap has put a lot of American companies and Americans out of work / business . WE don't learn !!!! ENJOY !!! RED
Old 02-01-2011, 05:34 PM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMEN!!!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:59 PM
dditch

I've bought many things from HK. Anything from HK (hong kong, hobbyking, Harry Keebler) is a risk. You do save $$ buying from outside the states but protect yourself. for example, if you ever start a paypal dispute, DO NOT CLOSE IT, if they say they are going to credit you once you close it, JUST KEEP THE DISPUTE
Old 02-08-2011, 03:14 PM
bobbucko

In reply to Red Heads comment.
ORIGINAL: red head

Buying junk because it was cheap has put a lot of American companies and Americans out of work / business . WE don't learn !!!! ENJOY !!! RED
There is hardley anything associated with the RC Hobby that is not built in the Far East. Some companys just have a better warranty, return policy, customer service represenitives, and higher profit margin.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:20 AM
red head

BOY !!! The things I could say, but won't. I will say that I'm getting sick and tired of soft soaping people giving away my country. RED
Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 AM
reece-x
My Feedback: (1)

I am very new to this hobby. My first order Hobbico no problem except bad battery I called them sent another strait out. My second order ever from HK USA warehouse ordered a plug and play gaunli j3 and a 20c 2200mah lipo. Order came in 5 days all I got was the battery and the J3 kit no power system and the thing that gets me is they don't even stock the J3 kit at the USA warehouse. I have sent them pictures and the weight of the package because when I talked to customer service that's what they asked me to send. I am giving them exactly one week before I escalate my pay pal claim. Any one have any suggestions please feel free. I do wish I would have investigated before I sent them my money. What about Hobbypartz.com any views?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:32 PM
mountaineer070

New flyer. Ordered two Lipo Batteries, both received could not be charged. Contacted HK and they asked for pictures of the batteries complete with the warranty strip, a picture of the batteries on a charger and analyzer to show which cell was bad. Too inexpensive to do all that...and told them so. Managed to get one of the batteries to come to life, the other one is defective and HK would not send another battery. No more money for HK from this flyer. I will pay more for batteries, but all of them are made in Hong Kong, so be forewarned. Items coming from China are dropping in quality control.  
Old 04-07-2011, 05:04 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Quality control dropping?From where?

Nothing costs as much as going cheap.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't buy thumb drives because many have built in spy ware that gathers and fowards the info to who knows who, mostly China.  Banned by the US government.  Not buying anything from China anymore, cheap in part because of slave labor.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:56 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

I don't buy thumb drives because many have built in spy ware that gathers and fowards the info to who knows who, mostly China. Banned by the US government. Not buying anything from China anymore, cheap in part because of slave labor.

But you must not realize that it's that same spyware that tells Bill Gates who to ship the case of beer to!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:31 PM
warningshot

ORIGINAL: red head

Yes I agree. Many Americian companies have closed their doors due to the junk they made.