Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

cold

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
at101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold

Better fly indor helis tomorow it is going to be 50 below zero

Old 02-02-2011, 04:45 AM
Pilotsmoe

Default RE: cold

60 above here with thunderstorms. Still can't fly, it's raining.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get chills just thinking about it. We're only 30deg during the day and I find THAT miserable. Its headin your way Joe, [&o]
Edwin
Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

A good day for building, repairing, and getting ready for Spring
Old 02-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Edwin

If you got heat in the garage. I need to do that, this sucks. Had to stop painting when this blew in. Time to use some hobby budget to get a shop heater. Ya'll further north are really getting hammered.
Edwin
Old 02-02-2011, 07:52 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Edwin
......Ya'll further north are really getting hammered.
I'm not all the much "further north"and we got walloped. I'm in southwestern Oklahoma and we're starting our second day of going nowhere. This storm started roaring not too far south of us and then went across the country. There isa diagonal path running from us the the northeast of pure disastor. I-44 from Oklahoma City to Springfield close. I-70 across Missouri closed. Chigaco schools closed (first time in something like 12 years). This is one heck of a storm indeed. We are lucky here as we've had power throughout the storm. So my wife and Ihave just hunkered down and are on our second snow day. We own a business and we've just stayed closed. Most business in town are the same way.

The good thing about all this is getting to sit here at the building board and working on a plane!!!!!

Ken
Old 02-02-2011, 09:31 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Ken, I am in Arklansas, just a bit north east of you, and we got hammered. This is the second day that the schools have been closed and no traffic is moving on the road out front. We inherited a couple of teenage girls last year to raise and they are home (again) for the second day. I'm almost tempted to go out in the cold garage and do some work on a plane. There are plenty of them that need something.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:13 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel sorry for youze guys down South...you aren't really equipped to handle that sorta stuff, are you? (plows, salt / sand trucks, etc. )

I was watching the Weather channel...saw all that stuff comming down...

I have 2 nieces in Indiana...one in Lafayette...they really got hit too...

We got about a foot here...not quite as bad as predicted...but more is on it's way....it's sleeting right now...
Old 02-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Edwin

The cities use sand on snow/ice here, Austin, Tx. When the ice is all gone, now we have sandy roads. We dont even know how to drive in the rain when its warm. People slide all over the place. But when its sunny and hot, THAT we can deal with. Head to the lakes or pool.
Edwin
Old 02-02-2011, 11:36 AM
flyalot
My Feedback: (63)

Come up to Maine. We complain when there is no snow. Its 10 F. and snowing hard. The snowmobile trails are going to be groomed tonight,
and the fun begins. The lakes and ponds are freezing (thick ice) solid for ice fishing and flying.
Building and maintenance season is here. Its all in how you look at it!
Have fun, life is too short!
Joe
Old 02-02-2011, 03:27 PM
outdoorhunting

All you guys stop whinning !!! The sun was sooo bright down here I had to wear sunglasses all day. The wind was blowing soooo strong I had trouble fishing !! I remember what you're going through. I lived in Indiana most of my life. I come down here for the winters. Sorry !!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:43 PM
mainegold
My Feedback: (1)

Hey flyalot, it's 6:40 Wednesday evening and I just measured 32" of fresh snow in my driveway! Couldn't even SEE my sled while I was moving it to plow at 2PM!
Better pack the trails before hauling that drag around in deep powder... might bog down and get it stuck.
Another foot on Saturday here and an 'undisclosed amount' Tuesday. Time to pack down a runway and put the skis on the plane!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:11 PM
moe7404

wichita, kansas. 2.2.11 wed snow+wind+cold=snow drifts 2-3 ft dumped right on my truck. stay inside and watch all the batman movies. and take apart my 3.3 engine. fri and sat we are having a automotive swap meet, took $300.00 out of bank. i WILL be there.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:25 AM
BUDMAN27

Houston may get two inch. snow today. Not sure what we here in Galveston Texas will get. Looking forword to Mardigra here on the island. Lots of beads, beer, and beutifle weman.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:44 AM
beepee

Here, we are getting our payback for the summer time. Probably mid 60s at dawn, not more than 75 for a high. Moderate winds in the morning and not the slightest chance of rain, or clouds for that matter. I will be flying thru the morn as long as the batteries hold out.

Y'all guys stay warm!

Bedford