Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

AMA sanctioned club looks to punish members

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

AMA sanctioned club looks to punish members

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:12 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA sanctioned club looks to punish members

hmmm, so we are back to it NOT being an AMA matter?
Whats did I say last time....

-

looks like somebody considers it an AMA matter-
NOW! I am NOT putting words into the AMA, but remember, the AMA Prez was at our event during this mess, and came to the AMA's attention. There is some new rule in 2009, that I have not read or looked up, where the Officers of a Club are now Officers of the AMA and to be treated as such. This is ONLY a rumor, but Mr. Taildragger may loose his insurance coverage from the AMA all together for this stunt.
I dont see how there could be a threat of him getting kicked outta AMA over it
if it was not an AMA matter.

Also, per the quoted text,
seems folsk want to say the OP was actually having problem with some OFFICERS OF THE AMA,
via the alleged connection of his club officers action and
"There is some new rule in 2009, that I have not read or looked up,
where the Officers of a Club are now Officers of the AMA
"

Not an ama matter when a member has a problem with what 'Officers of the AMA' are doing???
Old 04-04-2011, 04:24 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen

When this thread was originally posted in the AMA forum I was a bit skeptical about leaving it in the AMA forum as I felt that it really didn't have anything to do with the AMA. This appears to be a problem with a club and it's members, and not the AMA. However, some in the thread indicated that the AMA president was present in that area and is aware of the situation, and some think that the AMA is going to go get involved in this issue. I have been in Toledo this weekend for the Weak signals show and I had the opportunity to discuss this issue with Dave Mathewson. I spoke with him less than 6 hours ago and he assured me that the AMA is NOT going to get involved and take any actions against either the club, it's leadership, or the members. He said that the AMA would make themselves available to mediate a solution between all the parties involved here, but they would not do that unless it is requested by the club. But other than that they will not be involved.

So, with that in mind I am no convinced that this thread is not AMA related. Therefore, I am moving this thread from the AMA Forum and putting it out in The Clubhouse Forum.

I wish all parties involved in this dispute luck in resolving their issues.

Good Morning Ken!

Appreciate you moving the forum. It never was an AMA issue. Just to clarify, I never said that Dave M. knew directly of the issue, I just said the AMA was aware of it. At our meeting, two nights prior to the event, there were two AMA representatives in the crowd. Remember, two abstained from voting on the Taildragger issue. Here again, I don't know if the two abstained from voting where the AMA represetitives, since I didn't do the counting. If they told Dave M., then he knew about it, if not, then he didn't until the direct contact by you and Taildragger. KidEpoxy, airkiller, and a few others were trying to make it an AMA issue. Thanks! Dan
Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Silent-AV8R

Just FYI, Dave's last name is Mathewson.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:40 AM
The Toolman

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

Just FYI, Dave's last name is Mathewson.

Spelling an grammar cop strikes again......
Old 04-04-2011, 10:54 AM
KidEpoxy

ok, so lets just solve those guys' problem without draggin the AMA into it.

We know they cant get it resolved internal to the club,
and we now know they cant get it resolved by having AMA step in,
so with those avenues tried and exhausted we are left with the Litigation Special.

Which of course is a WinWin for all the involved parties:
Tail & Shadow file a suit against the club for $200k over events we've heard and havent seen contested,
the club simply doesnt show up so there is a default judgment against them,
then their insurance (from whomever) pays the $200k.

Tail & Shadow win cause they get $100k each,
The club wins cause they get rid of Tail & Shadow and has the insurance pay for it,
even Weschester is happy cause its under the $250k Self Insured cutoff so they dont pay

... looks like ALL the involved parties get a Win
and the situation is resolved with everybody happy

heck, even the city is happy, or at least blissfully unawares that it even happened,
cause Tail & Shadow didnt name the city in the suit
... cool, another Win & Happy
Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 AM
The Toolman

By golly, I believe ya drew a winner there KE
Old 04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
SkyPilot101

WHY.....is there soo much intrest in this thread???
Old 04-04-2011, 05:17 PM
The Toolman

Cause nobodys arguing any of the others I suppose.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:18 PM
103/17

?????? No idea. Seems like a misunderstanding that a few complainers wanted to jump on top of. Sounds like a club issue that needs to go to its members and its Bod to get solved. Too bad its turned into such an "opinion festival". I'm not in the club so I dont have a place in it. Let the club handle it already.................right?

103/17
Old 04-04-2011, 05:44 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If it is not interesting to you, why bother posting?

Very thoughtful, and insightful input toolman!

Too bad its turned into such an "opinion festival". I'm not in the club so I dont have a place in it. Let the club handle it already.................right?
Yet you cannot resist to add your own opinion to the "fest"!!! .....right?

Regards,

Astro
Old 04-04-2011, 05:48 PM
The Toolman

ORIGINAL: astrohog

If it is not interesting to you, why bother posting?

Very thoughtful, and insightful input toolman!

Too bad its turned into such an ''opinion festival''. I'm not in the club so I dont have a place in it. Let the club handle it already.................right?
Yet you cannot resist to add your own opinion to the ''fest''!!! .....right?

Regards,

Astro

And..... I see you didn't have nothing to contribute to the thread in the above post either...just like me in this post

Old 04-04-2011, 05:53 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys can have at it ,i have scratch builds i am finishing up and cant waist any more time here . Well kid i see it is not a ama thing . Taildgragger and all the rest have nice flyimng season . bye all . joe
Old 04-04-2011, 05:54 PM
astrohog

I see you didn't have nothing to contribute to the thread in the above post either
No, I guess I "didn't have nothing to contribute"......or should I say "ain't got nuffin' to contribute"?

Astro
Old 04-08-2011, 03:36 AM
jeeper91
My Feedback: (4)

OK here is some insight.

The other day I put 50lbs of grass seed down, 200lbs of fertilizer, and today am rolling the airfield. Why is this pertinent to the subject? Because I didn't have to ask permission, take a vote, get a budget, listen to arguement over who does what, deal with some guy who doesn't know, questioning the plan and why it is what it is, only to have things shot down because some codger who never flies, doesn't want to spend the money. Clubs are nuffin but NAYSAYERS! Our "club" is only for AMA insurance reasons. Outside of that AMA has nothing to do with the running of "club" business. Therefore we make decisions based on ONE, I say ONE, principle. "MAINTAIN A PLACE TO LAND"!!!!! There is nothing else!!! You need nothing else! You can take off in front of your house or at the park or in the school yard. But try landing in the same spots. Take off is optional, LANDING is MANDATORY! You haven't experienced the true joy of this hobby until you are free from the bonds of POLITICS.

The relaxing nature of going to the finest grass field in the whole state, seeing some of the best modelers in the whole state, and enjoying every second there, with no bickering or animosity, is the best time. Friends become family and family becomes friends because we have everything we need, A PLACE TO LAND!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 04:10 AM
Stuka Jon N
My Feedback: (33)

BRAVO[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif] Well spoken thats what we all want. Stuka Jon N
Old 04-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Taildragger726

Things are changing,,,,

Amendments to Seahawks Constitution

1. Under Article lll - all classes of membership except class D, Honorary Membership, are required to pay the City Use Fee which is currently (as of 2011) fifteen dollars ($15.00) This fee is to be paid to the club when maintenance and field improvement fees are paid. If the City changes the fee, this amendment will automatically reflect the change and remain in force at the changed rate.

2. Under Article lV, those persons who fail to renew their membership and therefore fail to pay their maintenance and field improvement fees by January 1st of each year as is required under this Article will be subject to a late fee penalty of $10.00 (Ten dollars). This fee may be changed on a yearly basis by a majority vote of members attending the Monthly General Meeting . Members who do not pay their maintenance and field improvement fees by January 1st , are no longer members of the Club and therefore may not fly at the field until their fees are paid. The Club Treasurer will send out Membership Renewal reminders to all members by email on or around November 1st of each year.

3. Members who sit out a year or more, ie. do not pay their maintenance and field improvement fees for one or more years, are considered to be “new members” if they rejoin . They are not required to pay the $10.00 penalty fee when they rejoin but they must submit to a test flight as is required for all new members.

4. Members should air their problems with the Club, irrespective of what they are, at the General Meetings which are held on a monthly basis. Once the problems have been brought forth and discussed, resolutions will be voted on. A simple majority vote will carry the resolutions. It is required that members do not air the financial status of the Club in a public forum. Doing so will lead to disciplinary action of the member concerned.

5. We will no longer use the word “dues” in referring to the yearly amount we pay to our Club. We will use the term “maintenance and field improvement fees”. This term will replace all areas of the Constitution where the term “ dues” is found. The term “Maintenance and Field Improvement Fees” may be shortened to “fees” but will represent the full term.

6. Article Vll, A, Paragraph 5 will be changed to read as follows:

The elections will take place by electronic voting using a nonbiased third party during the week of, but before the day of, the December Monthly meeting. All candidates will be listed by name and position on a ballot which will be emailed to all members who have submitted their email address. The members will follow the instructions on the ballot by filling out their choice for each position and submitting their vote. Those members who are unable to vote by computer will be issued ballots at the December monthly meeting if they attend. These written ballots will be added to the electronic count. It must be noted that a list will be generated of all those people who voted by computer so that duplicate voting will not be allowed. Nobody will know who voted for whom since the computer vote will be handled by a third party. The vote count will be given out at the December Monthly meeting and will be reported in the Meeting Minutes.

7. Article Vll, A, paragraph 6 will be changed to read as follows:

The week before the election week, each candidate will be allowed a one time email of not more than 300 words to all members to put forward their position on the issues at hand and what they would like to do, in the position they are running for, to help or improve the Club. The email from each candidate will be submitted to the Club Secretary for distribution to all Club members.

8. Article Vll, A, Paragraph 7 will be changed to read as follows:

In the event of a tie vote for any position, the vote will be rerun at the December meeting with a show of hands by the members in attendance. A simple majority will win the vote.

9. Article Vll, A, Paragraph 8 will be changed to read as follows:

If only one name is submitted for any position that member will be elected by acclamation.

10. Article Vl, A will be deleted.

11. Article Vlll, B will be changed to read as follows:

1. Show of hands voting will be adequate for all issues raised except for election of Club Officers, changes or amendments to the Club constitution, or the dissolution of the Club and distribution of the remaining monies. Voting for Club Officers is covered by Section Vll, section A.

2. Voting privileges are extended to members in good standing except for sub-junior members.

3. Voting for Changes to the Constitution or Dissolution of the Club will be done by electronic voting via email using a nonbiased third party. A simple majority vote will carry the resolution in all cases.

12. Article Vll, B, 8 will be changed to read as follows:

8. Web Coordinator

A. provide a liaison between the Board of Directors and the Web Master.

B. Act as the go between for all issues concerning the Web Site and the Club.

C. Keep the Club up to date on all Web site changes and improvements.

D. is exempt from paying annual membership fees.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:56 PM
astrohog

VERY NICE!!

I wonder what the reprocussions are for posting the by-laws on a public forum![X(]

Regards,

Astro
Old 04-29-2011, 03:23 AM
Taildragger726

"It is required that members do not air the financial status of the Club in a public forum. Doing so will lead to disciplinary action of the member concerned."

It looks like they are hiding something,,,, moneys/finances should be open to all.

"1. Show of hands voting will be adequate for all issues raised except for election of Club Officers, changes or amendments to the Club constitution, or the dissolution of the Club and distribution of the remaining monies. Voting for Club Officers is covered by Section Vll, section A."

This is tremendous, it gives the BOD and a sparsely attended meeting some 'hefty' powers.

I do give them credit for making changes to the election process.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:07 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Taildragger726

''It is required that members do not air the financial status of the Club in a public forum. Doing so will lead to disciplinary action of the member concerned.''

It looks like they are hiding something,,,, moneys/finances should be open to all.

Uh....no. The finances should be open to CLUB members and CLUB members only.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:35 AM
joebahl

Yea they are hiding somthing ,maybe they have found the lost ark .No no i know what it is, they have found SASQUATCH and they are keeping it from you and shadow. lol You just wont let it go will you dragger,good luck with your future.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36406.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1600775  
Old 04-29-2011, 05:59 AM
jeeper91

You say it gives the BOD and a sparsely attended meeting some hefty powers?
You know who goes to those meetings? People who lived in a cubicle at work! They didn't amount to anything in life and so they seem to get a little control, by attending "the meeting". They also get pleasure in making rules that someone has to follow! Rulegators! These rules have nothing to do with the actual flying, so I ask you this, Really? Do you really think that what they decide in these meetings should determine how you enjoy the hobby?
Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 AM
jeeper91

Check out the Pictures in my forum on Airfield Maintenance. These pictures are a testament to what happens when politics are ousted, and rule number one is followed. There are only two things that we should be talking about in these forums, one, AIRPLANES, and two, Airfields. because you only need two things to enjoy this hobby. A place to fly, and an airplane!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:05 AM
joebahl

I agree with you jeepers ,in my club the bigest problem is only when one of our lawn mowers break down.If dragger was a club member like i am ,i go to the meetings and vote on club thoughts that are brought up by our bod . We stop our meetings in the summer and just fly and have fun. I can think of no one starting any grief in our club to get this far over the 30 plus years i have been in two clubs. I have helped our club out and voluntered for things to be done at our field and i have told my bod that if they need me for any thing just ask. joe
Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 AM
CGRetired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jeeper91

You say it gives the BOD and a sparsely attended meeting some hefty powers?
You know who goes to those meetings? People who lived in a cubicle at work! They didn't amount to anything in life and so they seem to get a little control, by attending ''the meeting''....

Hmmm, I didn't know that. I guess at 64 years of age, and a rather successful individual, my life was really a shambles because my desk is in a cubical.

I'll have to remember that one.

CGr

(Coast Guard Retired is what that means.. 26.5 years active duty, retired CWO4, and a bum because my workplace is now a cubical.. go figure).

Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM
joebahl

I dont think jeepers ment it that way cg retired ,I hope not anyways iam one who goes to my meetings just to get out of the houe and also see what my club is up to. I was not in a office job but a carpenter for 29 years and now a boss in the company so i agree with you retired about us who take time to make our meetings. If any club members care about what happens in their club then attend your meetings and voice your opinions and vote. I dont judge people that dont attend meetings till they start complaing about things that where voted on while they were at home watching the football game while we were voting . lol joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.