Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

easytigermodels-BEWARE OF SELLER

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

easytigermodels-BEWARE OF SELLER

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 05:26 PM
gizmos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easytigermodels-BEWARE OF SELLER

I purchased $15,000.00 [img][/img]worth of kits from easytiger models on 11/7/2010. I sent him the money next day air at his request to get my models by the next week. I was told he had these in stock in NY and I would have all my models by Wednesday of the next week.Two weeks later, I received a foam C-17 that was destroyed, everything broken in box. December 14, i received two planes and I received another around 12-20 that was completly destroyed. I puchased the 310 cessna shown on RCU and when it arrived in a micky mouse crate, the drive had the plane in his hand and the crate in a pile of broken wood. He has refused to send me my $2,500.00 plus shipping back, he said it is up to the shipper to give me my money, i never excepted the damage plane and it is not my problem.
As of today, I am missing the gaint GeeBee, 1ea C-188, 2ea C-17, Broken parts for another C-188 that arrived damage and the complete Cessna 310 that was damaged and missing parts on one of the other Cessna 310 I ordered. [u]THIS GUY IS A FRAUD, NOT TRUST WORTHY AND DOES NOT TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT ANY THING[/u]. I own two hobby stores and I would never purchase any product from this seller again. The planes are not good quailty and very heavy, the retract gear is soft aluminum and bends from the weight of the plane.

BEWARE OF EASYTIGER MODELS

ALL OF THE PLANES ARE SHIPPED FROM CHINA THAT I RECEIVED IN CARDBOARD BOXES WITH DAMAGE, YOU CAN PURCHASE THEM DIRECT AND TAKE THE SAME CHANCES AND SAVE MONEY AND HEADACE. EASYTIGER MODELS IS THE WORST VENDOR I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:30 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: easytigermodels-BEWARE OF SELLER

I have to ask, $15,000.00 worth of models??? [X(]
Old 12-29-2010, 05:56 PM
fudi50
My Feedback: (3)

Hi,
One has to feel sorry for some one who gets this sort of treatment from any one, however one wonders why some one would fork out $15000. for a bunch of models unless they were in business, but then that would bring into question why this was not a bulk shipment under a letter of credit. Whilst a L/C is not an absolute guarantee at least the goods have to be packed in accordance with the L/C and no money changes hands until safe receipt.
I hope you get some sort of resolve
Old 01-05-2011, 04:14 PM
91zulu
My Feedback: (2)

Now why in the world would you do a thing like that when it is best as you stated going direct to supplier. Curtis has a serious mark up on his stuff. Wish you well man, that sucks big time.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:23 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Gizmos is a hobby shop, in Burbank, CA
Old 01-06-2011, 06:03 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So where do you purchase them direct at?
Old 01-07-2011, 05:51 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

ET strikes again!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Edwin

Wow, another added to the Bad Company list.
Edwin
Old 01-08-2011, 08:49 AM
gizmos

Now, he is treating not to refund my money on the Cessna 310 that I purchased from this site unless I take down this page. Every thing I have said, I have email to back it up and a copy of my check that he cashed. We build numerous big planes, his loss.. I am building 2ea Bill Hempel from Az 15ft super cub and a 18ft cub. Now Bill is a dealer that is great to work with.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:11 AM
gizmos

I will post all of the pic soon if he does not resolve these issues. I got the gaint C188 in and the fuse is completly broken in the middle. We have photos everything in detail... We final got the beaver in and it has two of the same side on the floats(no mounting wood in side) and the cowl was broken. I received a single part from NOv 7 that was not in the kit, front landing gear for another 310 Cessna that was missing. Did me alot of good, we test taxied one of the cessna 310 and the gear mount bent, soft alum. We order electric gear form RC Magnum (we order 2 set for the other 310, very nice gear, a little pricy, but you get you monies worth. Another good deal, ships as stated and you get a good product. We took all of the gear out of the 310 and put them the trash, I would not even give them to the guys at the field, they would just destroy they planes. After we made the number mods, the Cessna 310 are very heavy for a build up wing and it flys heavy. DON'T MOUNT THE ENGINES ON THE NACELS UNLESS YOU LEVEL THE FUSE, PUT YOUR INCident GAUGES ON THE WINGS TO FIND THE THRUST ANGLE AND DOWN TRUST OF THE ENGINES. WE CHECK THE ONE BEFORE WE SHIMMED THE MOTORS, ONE HAD 2.5UP TRUST AND 3DREGEE LEFT THRUST. THE OTHER ONE HAD 1DREGREE UP AND 1 LEFT. THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN BAD. One of the wings was 3/4 dregree incident less than the other, this would have cause the plane to tork left, LIKE THE WAY THE ONE ON EASYTIGERMODEL VIDEO SHOWS. AFTER ALL THE MODS, THE PLANES FLYS OK, BUT HEAVY. STILL MISSING MY MONEY ON THE CESSNA 310 HE HAD LISTED ON THIS SITE
Old 01-08-2011, 09:30 AM
gizmos

Check out my gallery, i just post a few new pics of 150in cessna and 15ft decathlon.........We have built over 200 planes in the last 18 months, I have 2 full time builders and one fiberglass guy plus my self. I will post other sites that you can purchase the same models that easytiger models sells and you will still get them with in 3 months unless you want to pay a little more shipping, plus cheaper.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:50 AM
91zulu

Man that sure sucks, lets see if he shows up at the WRAM show this year.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

I ordered three different times from EasyTiger over the past year and have had nothing but good service . The products were delivered as promised. I will do business with him again.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
vallawyer

I have two planes from Easy Tiger, a P47 and a Fw190, both are great models and good value for the price. They also built really quickly and fly very well, they are light for their size. They took about ten days each to get to me from NYto Connecticut, not the fastest shipping but not a problem. I also met the owner at Warbirds over Delaware and he was a very nice person. There were some other Easy Tiger planes there, a guy had a Bearcat and flew it very well, and Mr. Easytiger flew the Jungmann and Meserschmitt there too. I would buy another, Iam looking to buy another some time, but need to make some room and some spare money first.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Datavision

I will try to be brief. This is my first post online in about ten years, since RCONLINE was the place where people met. I used to post there, but I was taught by Bob Violett that these forums don't really work that well, that it's mostly trash and gossip. Always someone getting trashed, it is always the same. I'll stick my head in anyway and see if anything had changed.I met Chris and Curtis from Easytigermodels at Joe Nall. They had a huge lineup of giant arfs and they took a lot, quite a lot, of time t show them to me and answer all my questions. They did not mind me picking up or touching the models, which meant a lot to me, particularly after the owner of Esprit Models in the booth right across from them yelled at me for touching his Hot Spot jet. The Easytigermodels crew was much more friendly and casual, and i saw them solder a connector onto a battery for one of the Esprit guys so Esprit couuld fly a demo, which showed some good sportsmanship. They also offered to let me, a perfect stranger, fly their giant Cessna 310, which was a very nice offer, which i declined. I have bought 3 jets from BVM over the years, and expensive planes from Composite ARF, but they never offered to let me fly their planes...which is fine, but I was impresses that Easytigmodels offered.I saw the Cessna 310 fly as well as the Jungmann biplane.I ended up taking home one of their T50 Black Eagle jets, which flew very nicely as advertised, but crashed on the first flight when I overran the battery. They offered me a discount on a new one, which i declined. I'm not that into foamy planes.Instead i ordered up the giant Cessna 310 with the complete electric power package. The plane took seven working days to arrive, the motors almost three weeks, they had to b backordered, which they told me about after I ordered. A minor complaint.The kit is a honey, though, it is everything they say, extremely quick to assemble, very good hardware, superb, superb, superb flying above all. I have only seven flights on it, the longest being fourteen minutes, and it looks like there is enough in the batteries for at least twenty minutes of flight. My only complaint is I wish the outer wing panels came off so I could put it in the back of my pickup like that.I have had no issues at all with the landing gear. There is a little slop in the nose gear but it does not seem to affect anything.I might suggest that if you have thrust line issues with your nacelles you have them switched left to right. There is some out and down thrust built in to them.It's not my dogfight either, but I also suggest that if you are a vendor you should take your fight private, it really reflects poorly on you when people read this kind of thing, that is one of the things Bob Violett told me long ago. But that is up to you.I'm a happy customer, I would order again if they made something else that tickled my fancy, like maybe a giant Beech 18.Full StopLP
Old 01-19-2011, 11:10 PM
gizmos

As of today, I still have not receive my money for the cessna 310 complete that was damaged and was never delivered to me. This was paid for on Nov 7, 2010. I still have not received my GeeBee, missing 2ea C17, one fuse that was broken in half for C188. This is not a problem between a customer and a vendor, it is about honesty. I paid for the items in good faith for a customer last year and still dont have my products plus my $3,000.00 refund for another kit. I was told he had these items in stock in NY, everyone of the kits have came from China direct to me, this was the first lie and it got worse from there. I am going to post video of the gear from the Cessna 310 and show how soft the metal is and how sloppy the construction is. All of the other planes had issues, the canopies were broken, shipped 2 set and they were also broken, receive the beaver with two left floats, was shipped replacement float, still the wrong floats. The 310 wing pins does not line up,nacelle thrust angles off, bad fiberglass layup.ALL OF THE KITS ARE VERY HEAVY, THINGS ARE OFF, DRILL WRONG CAUSING PROBLEM DURING ASSEMBLY. He has thread me he will not ship my customer planes unless I take this down. I have turn this over to my customer and he will handle it his way, he has more contact for this type of problems. It is sad because he has lost alot of business from my other customer that wanted to see these first kits before they order their own. I wish I had google easytigermodel before I had order, I would have found out all of the issues other people had in the past, would have save me a lot of trouble. Deal with good vendors like Bill Hempel, aeroworks, etc..and you will not have these issues. Just a word of caution!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
jonkoppisch

ORIGINAL: gizmos

Check out my gallery, i just post a few new pics of 150in cessna and 15ft decathlon.........We have built over 200 planes in the last 18 months, I have 2 full time builders and one fiberglass guy plus my self. I will post other sites that you can purchase the same models that easytiger models sells and you will still get them with in 3 months unless you want to pay a little more shipping, plus cheaper.
So still waiting on where to get the models for less and better???????? I want a P47!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 PM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad I'm not buying from easy tiger. I had been interested in the b-17 but it is the same as nitro planes but just has a glass fuse and even more hideous non scale retracts.
Thus why I bought a royal/marutaka scale kit.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:14 PM
jonkoppisch

I will say that I saw the P47 and it looked nice. If anyone has one for sale....