Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Live chat problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 06:49 PM
00hex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Live chat problem

From discussion_board/livechat.cfm
<hr> <!-- *** START APPLET CODE *** -->
<applet NAME="DigiChat"
CODEBASE="http://host4.digichat.com/DigiChat/DigiClasses/"
CODE="com.diginet.digichat.client.DigiChatApplet"
WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="100" ALIGN="MIDDLE"
ARCHIVE="client.jar
NAME="RCAirport><hr>

Look at the last two lines - the closing quote marks are missing. In some browsers (IE works *sometimes*) it tries to load "client.jar NAME=" instead of "client.jar"
Old 12-14-2002, 10:00 PM
RCU-Admin
My Feedback: (4)

In the code, the quote marks are there. I think the browser is chewing it up. Will look into it.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:42 PM
00hex

The above example is from K-Meleon, a Mozilla clone. I tried it in Netscape 4 with JavaScript off and *one* quote mark was missing. Then I tried downloading the page with wget in cygwin and looking at it in K-Meleon - it was fine, although there were some extra blank lines.
I noticed in the headers from wget that it was setting a lot of cookies (for the discussion board and user login I guess) so I went back to Netscape and turned off cookies. Well guess what it looks exactly the same as with wget! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
I tried getting wget to use cookies but nothing changed. I don't know if the cookies even worked or not, I don't have much experience with wget.

I just tried K-Meleon with no cookies and it worked fine.
BTW I was getting the page by going to http://www.rcairport.com/discussion_...est&name=00hex. This is exactly what you get when you log in to the chat as a guest. Being logged in as a member did not seem to make any difference.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:29 AM
RCU-Admin
My Feedback: (4)

Good detective work. Frankly, we're close to ripping Live Chat down because most folks don't use it. It's not high on our list, but we will get to it one way or the other.

Thanks for your work.