Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Crashed your best plane? Need a laugh?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Crashed your best plane? Need a laugh?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 03:34 AM
J_R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed your best plane? Need a laugh?

If your a little down, or have a sharp tongue, or some wit, or just want a laugh, come on over to the AMA discussion forum. New opinions needed.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forumdispl...s=&forumid=211

JR
Old 08-09-2003, 12:17 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did, a few weeks ago, J_R. I was interested in the District 8 VP election. What did I find?

Same old tired complaints, same old names whining about the same old problems, same folks in need of anger management throwing barbs at each other; same allegedly "dis-interested outside observers" casting bait and getting bites.

IOW, the same drivel that was one of the reasons I stopped perusing Usenet. RCU doesn't allow the full force of those shining personalities to come through, but the same undercurrent is there.

I have enough acrimony at work. I don't need any at leisure. And before you use the apathy argument, I have tried to get involved by letting my reps know how I felt. Those who even bothered to respond listened politely, then did what they wanted to do. Yes, I vote. And that is all I can do.

The AMA is a necessary evil. If I feel the need for some amusement, I'll check out its shenanigans. But usually, that just gets my blood pressure up; and I don't need that.

No thanks; I'll stick with discussing models and modeling. AMA is nothing but steenkin' politics.

Steve
Old 08-10-2003, 01:21 PM
Live Wire

Is that what ama is a big joke! Just like some clubs it is best to not get involved, learned the hard way, have fun with hos.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Live Wire

looked again and it's a 5 and 8 forum, sorry we don't fit in!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:44 AM
J_R

Originally posted by RC Outlaw
looked again and it's a 5 and 8 forum, sorry we don't fit in!
Hi RC Outlaw

Hey, I am really sorry. I didn't realize that you had been appointed spokesman for the Clubhouse. I could have saved a post and just asked you by PM if the Clubhouse was interested.

Over in the AMA Discussion Forum there is no leader, or spokesman. Everyone kinda chimes in with their own opinion. Sure, it gets testy sometimes, and even resorts to name calling on occasion. Guess we are just too independent to let any one person lead us.

Again, sorry to have infringed on YOUR group.

JR

PS If any of you are rebels give the forum a shot

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forumdispl...s=&forumid=211
Old 08-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Live Wire

I have not been appointed any thing but I , we are just as good as our pears, that judge us. Our oppions count whether some people like it or not, thats what makes the world go around. We are doing great in other districts , any way we don't have to many complaints, Wait till our time comes. AMA36417
Old 08-12-2003, 01:10 AM
J_R

Originally posted by RC Outlaw
I have not been appointed any thing but I , we are just as good as our pears, that judge us. Our oppions count whether some people like it or not, thats what makes the world go around. We are doing great in other districts , any way we don't have to many complaints, Wait till our time comes. AMA36417
HUH?

What's fruit got to do with it?

JR
Old 08-12-2003, 01:13 AM
Live Wire

Excuse me PEACHES.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:14 AM
JimRoss

Sounds like some people got their feelings hurt. I hate it when that happens. I've learned a long time ago to keep my politcal opinions to myself and allow others to have their own opinions. If asked, I will state my position on a given subject but I won't offer it. For the past several years I have just tried to find ways to get to know people and gain their friendship without injecting my politics. I only want to have a good time with this hobby and enjoy the people who partake in it.
Just use the power of the vote to change what you disagree with.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:55 AM
CRAZYRYAN
My Feedback: (1)

YEP
Old 08-12-2003, 03:39 AM
J_R

I gotta get outta here before the moderators throw me out... but...

JimRoss and CRAZYRYAN, if someone tried to mess with the nomination process in my district, I would want to know before I voted

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...60&forumid=211

An Item of interest to all AMA members should be the new definition of a model. Did we just loose auto pilots?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...44&forumid=211

Or maybe some have some interest in the possibility of a new source of frequency interference that may affect us all

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...92&forumid=211

Thanks to the moderators for allowing this non-paid commercial

JRR
Old 08-12-2003, 05:15 AM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by J_R
I gotta get outta here before the moderators throw me out...
JR

I'll be the First Voluntere to help out on this one,,, and there's more than one too,,, Get a Rope

BV
Old 08-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Borzak
My Feedback: (2)

At least the thread has the right title - AMA = joke right now.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:51 PM
JimRoss

J_R,
I went back and read all the threads you posted and I must admit that there is some cause for concern about ballot rigging.
However, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot that an individual can do about this scheme, and I really don't know what to do about it. I am not very well versed on the inner workings of the AMA and don't know that I could do anything about it anyhow.....

I only hope that the guys who are watching will keep us abreast of what is going on so we can have a voice in the system.

My original post was not meant to suggest that I don't care about what happens, rather, it was meant to say that I will be a part of the process, I just will not get on any public forum and air my opinions. If there truly is a problem I want to be in on the remedy. I hope this has made some sense, I think it did to me, Just have a hard time expressing my position.

Keep Flying and enjoying R/C
Old 08-12-2003, 01:09 PM
J_R

JimRoss

Do what you do in real life. If your inclined to tell your friends, do so. If not, vote for the candidate of your choice. Only about 10-15 percent of the AMA members vote in a contested election. Every vote does count. IIRC the last time only about 1200 D8 members voted for VP.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:15 PM
JimRoss

Default Vote

Well, isn't that about normal for any election, whether it's for AMA or a national election. The masses don't turn out to cast their ballot and make their voices heard. They wait around and see what happens and then complain when their opinions aren't the popular ones. I will vote in the election and I hope it is acceptable to listen to other guys who are much closer to the situation than I am. I have a pretty good set of BS filters so I can usually tall when someone is blowing smoke up my backside.