The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Formula One is back on track!

Old 03-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Tjettzky

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Formula One is back on track!

F1's engines are firing up today after a long cold winter. I am very excited for this season! Any predictions as to who will be Champion after this season? Will Kubica be back? Will Bahrain be back? Which minnow will take the next step up the grid? Will a driver futz with his moveable rear wing enough that it just falls off mid-race? Also, why does Alonso look like a pirate?
Old 03-24-2011, 03:27 PM
1320Fastback

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Formula One is back on track!

Hamilton all the way!

Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am not a huge F-1 fan, but this is cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGEql...eature=related

David
Old 03-24-2011, 04:40 PM
1320Fastback

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yea Renault techs are quite creative. They have done a few songs.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:18 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I want those stupid movable rear wings gone. They're absolutely useless the way the rule is written now. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a few drivers swore 'em off and just left them alone rather than chance a drive through.

Also, go McLaren. RBR needs to be nerfed, and Ferarri needs to stop with the Team Orders.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:29 AM
Tjettzky

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ah, but Team Orders are no longer against the rules this year, so Massa will have to pull over almost every race this season [&o].
Old 03-25-2011, 01:40 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If I were Massa and got 'em I'd tell them they're out of their bloody minds and that if Alonso wants around he better be ready for a battle.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Crash Campbell

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,

Last year's No2 will be this year's No1..............Mark Webber. He already has fastest time in the practice sessions todate. Go you good thing.

Cheers,

Colin
Old 03-27-2011, 08:10 AM
WestCoastFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm a big time F1 fan going back a long time. My son and I really get into it, he loves it too. Obviously Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull look very good this year. Renault on the podium in Australia was great. Massa is my current favorite driver.

I edited and produced sports television (over 500 shows) for most of my career, much of it for Fox Sports and CBS Sports and NBC Sports as well. Motorcycle racing were my favorite shows. The stars never aligned to work on Speed Channel F1 shows but I have great respect for Speed's coverage. David Hobbs is the best in the business.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:18 AM
1320Fastback

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If Vettel can keep his cars nose clean he will run away with the Championship this year and Mercedes will keep playing catch up to RBR.

Bravo to Petrov for the podium, its nice to see a other than the top 3 up there. Maybe the field is closer than we all think (other than RBR).

Rubens? You used to be such a clean driver, what happened? You cant pass a car by driving THRU them!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:08 PM
tommygun32

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

1. Highly doubt it.
2. Unless you had pre-set position buttons on your steering wheel for the wing, I don't see drivers having the time to play around with the wing...they're pretty busy as is...
3. I have no idea....maybe he has some long lost Johnny Depp genes running through him..???

ORIGINAL: Tjettzky

Will Bahrain be back? Will a driver futz with his moveable rear wing enough that it just falls off mid-race? Also, why does Alonso look like a pirate?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Tjettzky

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Congrats to Petrov on the great drive. Last year he showed he was fast as hell but he had some issues keeping it between the walls. Hopefully he's fixed that little problem and will score points consistantly this season. I'm a little sad with two rulings:

1) HRT couldn't race. I know they didn't achieve "107%" in quali, but the poor kids just got the car running a few hours beforehand. I'm guessing one team (probably wearing red) said No in the Appeal hearing.

2) Sauber being DQed for their Wing being too concave..or not concave enough...by a milimeter or two. They even said that it offered no performance enhancement, they were just being sticklers. Perez and Kobi had solid races that were wiped out.

I don't know what happened to Rubens. Maybe he was just mad that Williams dropped Hulkenberg because his wallet was smaller than the new guy's and decided to act out then and there...of course, he was plowing cars last year too, so...
Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Tjettzky

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just heard a rumor (I'm unable to verify at this time, so don't go all crazy on me if I'm wrong) that one Kimi Raikkonnen is in talks with the owner of the Montreal Canadiens (If I'm not mistaken, that is Mr. Molsen of tasty beer fame). It seems he wants to start a NASCAR team and thinks ol' Kimi should be the driver.

Now, I check the results/standings to see how Montoya is doing, but if Kimi is behind the wheel, do I dare actually force myself to watch a NASCAR race? I'd hate to miss the first time Kimi wrecks and instead of returning to the garage he just wanders into somebody's infield trailer and cracks open a beer...
Old 03-29-2011, 11:52 AM
WestCoastFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I liked Kimi as a driver, one of my favorites, but sometimes his driving made me question his desire, both within individual races and entire seasons. It seemed like he didn't push 100% all the time - I'm not saying a driver should push 100% a whole race, but there was something about his driving that made me suspect he wasn't always getting everything out of the car.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:55 PM
JasonNorin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Any F1 fans these days? Looks like this season is only being dominated by 2 drivers from one team: Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton. Those 2 dudes are just taking turns on the number one spot. This season is more like a competition exclusive only for those 2 drivers. Let's see who's gonna win the F1 drivers' championship but for me, looks like Hamilton is really close to it.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:36 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm surprised it's still on TV,, guess some one is watching
Old 06-24-2015, 10:33 AM
castlebravo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I record and watch every qualifying session and the actual races.....I do the same for NASCAR (trucks, Busch, Cup), and Indycar. I do wish they could figure out the competitive aspect......too many times the race is decided after the first turn of the first lap.....say what you will about NASCAR.....at least the race remains close until the checkered. I like Vettel, Ricardo and Botaz....and of course I always root for Filipe Massa!

CB