Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hughs H-1B Destroyed

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 04:37 PM
rjmech
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hughs H-1B Destroyed

A sad day indeed, last weekend James Wright crashed his Hughes H-1B racer, s/n 2. The aircraft was destroyerd and James died in the cradsh, the aircraft crashed near the Old Faithful at the Midway geyser. If you go to his company web site: Wright machine tools, there is more information there. I hope some of you out there got to see the aircraft, it was truely beautiful. I was lucky enough to see it a few days before the crash. Hopefully they will build another H-1B and make it s/n 3.
Thaddeus
Old 08-10-2003, 07:10 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hughs H-1B Destroyed

While this is a tragic story, it's not RC-related. For those of you interested in knowing more about the late Mr. Wright and his beautiful aircraft, here's a news story I found: http://www.registerguard.com/news/20...ilot.0806.html