Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Why don't many people build RC airplane kits anymore?

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Why don't many people build RC airplane kits anymore?

Old 12-23-2012, 05:52 PM
warbird addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why don't many people build RC airplane kits anymore?

Dude I totally get that and I feel what your saying 100% but I REALLY don't like this dudes politics at all as they are pure poison, my argument isn't kit VS ARF it is and will always be 100% pro choice without the stereotyping and name calling , No I'm all good with the guys who promote this hobby in a positive light as this is the very reason I got into this hobby and this is one of the few things you can do for fun where everybody is on a down to earth and on an equal footing and that sh1t gets left at the gate and I totally despise anyone who sets out to muddy that up with some selfish has to be all about me selfimportant horesh1t, I really don't like the guy or what he stands for and I don't pretend to hide it
It's no secret to anybody who knows me that I'm not real friendly towards anybody who seeks to put themselves on a pedestal by fluffing up their own ego and self importance by sh1tting on and alienating everybody else around them

ORIGINAL: ovationdave

Warbird, while I will simply say that I understand your post, please don't broadbrush anyone who stick builds as an ARF hater. We don't all feel that way, many of us who enjoy stickbuilding don't have the time to build as fast as we want and like many others, I have a few ARF's too just to get something in the air without speding the time to build it when we pull an ''oops'' manuver a little too close to terra firma.

I for one want more people in this hobby, I don't care how they get in the air.............

~Dave
Old 12-23-2012, 06:45 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: warbird addict

Dude I totally get that and I feel what your saying 100% but I REALLY don't like this dudes politics at all as they are pure poison, my argument isn't kit VS ARF it is and will always be 100% pro choice without the stereotyping and name calling , No I'm all good with the guys who promote this hobby in a positive light as this is the very reason I got into this hobby and this is one of the few things you can do for fun where everybody is on a down to earth and on an equal footing and that sh1t gets left at the gate and I totally despise anyone who sets out to muddy that up with some selfish has to be all about me selfimportant horesh1t, I really don't like the guy or what he stands for and I don't pretend to hide it
The biggest difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.
How many folks do you figure my commentary has driven away from my hobby, Einstein..?
Review my posts here and show me where I've given my opinion about ARFS.
You can't because I haven't given any opinion about ARFs.
I haven't talked about ARFs, but I can understand how someone with less than a 6th grader's level of reading comprehension might get confused.
What I HAVE done is reveal the truth about today's man to those who don't want to hear it.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:52 PM
warbird addict

?????????????????????????????????? REALLY?

[quote]ORIGINAL: combatpigg

The biggest difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.
How many folks do you figure my commentary has driven away from my hobby, Einstein..?
Old 12-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Sgt Shay
My Feedback: (4)

I build planes.

These are ARF's. I glue the tail feathers on. I mount the engine. I put the landing gear on. I put the control surfaces on. I BUILD TOO!!!!

Seriously who gives a crap if you cut down the tree in your backyard to build a plane from scratch, or go buy a truck load of 2x4's to build, or buy little pieces of wood that someone already cut for you to build your little creation/hopes and dreams, or if you put together a plane that some asian did 90% of the work already...all so you can go fly it do some loops and rolls then get disoriented and slam it into the ground.

I build. I fly.

I don't nit pick.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:04 PM
warbird addict

[quote]ORIGINAL: warbird addict

Everyone who has watched you dig your own grave
and fill it with ingorance and self importance,'' not very attractive'' at all
Once again your commentary only serves to prove
yourself guilty of that which you so heartily accuse others of, personally I wouldn't get within a mile of you if you were all I had to look forward to, getting into this hobby, no I think I'd take up checkers or something less aggrivating , unfulfilling and demeaning

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

Old 12-23-2012, 07:05 PM
combatpigg

and fill it with ingorance and self importance,'' not very attractive'' at all Tesla

What grave..?
What self importance?
Show examples.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

[8D] I'm an old guy been in the hobby a zillion years and I'll happily declare that I fly ARFs and love em !

My real two interests in the hobby are the actual flying , and the engines/control systems . I've got everything from Cox .010 all the way to Saito 270 twin covered , with a side of OS Wankel . I modified my DX-7 with the ball bearing Gimball mod , the backlight display mod , the switching regulator mod , and run it on an eneloop NIMH pack . Yes , when I was young and ARFs didn't exist , of course I built my model airplanes , there really was no other way to get them in a town not exactly overrun with fellow plane modelers . But now , I can and do have literally dozens (about 42 in fact) RC model planes of all sizes and descriptions . This just wouldn't be possible if I had to stick build each one of em . I do have a couple I have built over the years , Hangar queens that never see the light of day , but my ARFs are my mainstay flyers . I do customize each one by using my experienced modeler's sense of what's right or not , and havn't folded a set of wings while flying yet ! . I always start by removing all of the cheesy advertising stickers that they plaster all over them , and then as I mount the engines and controls I go over any weak points I don't like till I trust it as though it was one I built . If any of this makes me any less of an RC plane modeler in anyone's eyes well that's just too bad for them , cause I'm having a blast flying the hell outta a whole bunch of planes that didn't cost me a comparative lot of time . YES ! , There IS room in the hobby for ALL of the varied interests , and it IS the ones who look down on anyone else's interest that are wrong . If it flys , it's cool . End of story

I'll leave you with a couple of shots of a few of my ARFs , tell me ya wouldn't have a ball tearin up the skies with these .....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71986.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1833232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64443.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1833233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79249.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1833234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gz76273.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1833235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Al70698.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1833236  
Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Sgt Shay

and fill it with ingorance and self importance,'' not very attractive'' at all Tesla

What grave..?
What self importance?
Show examples.
Nobody CARES.

We care about little wooden model planes.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:17 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

ORIGINAL: B Shipp How many old school guys remember kits of the 70's and 80's advertising a kit that could be built in a week? Was this the beginning? I still build, a lot! ARF's are here to stay - Be happy!
I don't remember that exact quote. The half-A and A sized planes more or less could be built in a week. Then they used verbiage such as "all die cut pieces" or "high prefabricated".
Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 PM
warbird addict

OMFG you must be Kidding dude your so full of yourself and your own self touted sense of self importance a blind man could read it ONLINE and without the aid of BRAILLE, your game is obvious and transparent, you contribute nothing but conflict and seperatism, you seek to put yourself on a pedestal at virtually everyones elses expense, but not to worry just so long as you get your much needed pat on the back and validation that is obviously lacking in your life as it's obvious thats what you crave more than anything, I would think the sense of SELF satisfaction one derives from their pursuits would be enough to validate their efforts without having to go to an online forum looking for it

No offense to anyone was responding to combatpig
Old 12-23-2012, 07:28 PM
combatpigg

ORIGINAL: Sgt Shay

What grave..?
What self importance?
Show examples.
Nobody CARES.

We care about little wooden model planes.
The truth always comes out in the wash.
I was able to cut out 2 balsa ribs in the amount of time it took you to type out that epic post of your's.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:35 PM
warbird addict

Good fer u I did laundry, vacumed the rug in the living room, fed myself and still managed to put a shot across your bow , all about priorities, see you at the field well that is if and when you find the time to show up when ur not building!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:35 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

How about a nice game of chess?[8D]

Bob
Old 12-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Sgt Shay

Good fer u I did laundry, vacumed the rug in the living room, fed myself and still managed to put a shot across your bow , all about priorities, see you at the field well that is if and when you find the time to show up when ur not building!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha.....daaaaammmm, he got you there pig.
Fly more, build less.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:54 PM
combatpigg

Typical.
He / She is reduced to nothing but blabber.
Funny how you seem so interested / worried about how I spend my time..when I could not really care less how you spend your's.
Regardless, have fun.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:56 PM
combatpigg

Haha.....daaaaammmm, he got you there pig.
Fly more, build less.
He got nothing but air, Slick.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:42 PM
combatpigg

OMFG you must be Kidding dude your so full of yourself and your own self touted sense of self importance a blind man could read it ONLINE and without the aid of BRAILLE, your game is obvious and transparent, you contribute nothing but conflict and seperatism, you seek to put yourself on a pedestal at virtually everyones elses expense, but not to worry just so long as you get your much needed pat on the back and validation that is obviously lacking in your life as it's obvious thats what you crave more than anything, I would think the sense of SELF satisfaction one derives from their pursuits would be enough to validate their efforts without having to go to an online forum looking for it

No offense to anyone was responding to combatpig
Nothing but air, nothing of any substance. As soon as I furnished a link to a source that shows that the average man of today has no less free time to devote to leisure activity than any men before him all I've seen from your end is meaningless innuendo and character attack against me.
How funny..but in a sad, wormy kind of way, but keep trying your best...

You also said earlier you don't like my politics.
Expand on that statement.
What do you think you know of my politics..?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Sgt Shay

HEY!!!! you two wanna talk about politics take that stuff to Nancy Grace, this is a place to talk r/c, nobody gives a crap about politics or your character or blah blah blah.

Now you two go take a time out before daddy stands you in the corner.

Bunch of children.

Again I say............NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE CRAP, WE CARE ABOUT LITTLE WOODEN MODEL PLANES!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:07 PM
combatpigg

HEY!!!! you two wanna talk about politics take that stuff to Nancy Grace, this is a place to talk r/c, nobody gives a crap about politics or your character or blah blah blah.

Now you two go take a time out before daddy stands you in the corner.

Bunch of children.

Again I say............NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE CRAP, WE CARE ABOUT LITTLE WOODEN MODEL PLANES!!!
I already did my time and I don't take any orders from any chicks named "Sgt. Shay"
Old 12-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Sgt Shay

papapapapapa......omm mau mau papa omm mau mau....papapa...omm mau mau papa omm mau mau......papapa omm mau mau papa omm mau
Old 12-24-2012, 04:05 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I see that I did the right thing in moving this thread out of the Beginners forum. Most of you guys are way over the top. Take an aspirin, take two in fact, and wash it down with your particular brand of cool aid, sit back take a deep breath and relax. Who really cares, anyway.

Build 'em.. arf or kit... build 'em and fly 'em. Again, who the heck cares!. I certainly don't, and most of the people here don't either.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The question was: Why don't many people build RC airplane kits anymore?

The answer is:
a) They have now a choice (ARFs) and
b) Lack of interest (other interests, like actually flying them, or one or more hobbies)

Period

Gerry
PS: And stop feeding the troll:-) Oh, and Merry Christmas to each and everyone
Old 12-24-2012, 05:26 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well you just said it right,like it's a huff and a puff and i'll blow your house down said the big bad wolf,and he's right re this thread,you can't even make jokes about sexy harmonica playersplus it's christmas.I'm gonna get seriuosly drunk and admire the planes i'm lucky enough to have already,(woops i already did that)cheers all and have a good one.

ps the harmonice player too
Old 12-24-2012, 12:28 PM
HellcatAce
My Feedback: (6)

Wow, you read something like this thread and you get an idea why Congress can't agree on anything!

Why should anyone find fault with another modeler? I got news for you folks who are on the extreme ends of the viewpoint scale...

If the FAA has it's way, our hobby/sport will be a distant memory anyway! We'll all have a bunch of decorations that we can't enjoy and this debate will be moot.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:37 PM
flyer35
My Feedback: (33)

I do both ARF's and kits. I don't build the car I drive but I have freinds that do. Whatever it takes to get in the air!! Here's what I'm working on BUSA Eindecker
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77716.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1833455  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.