Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Turn The Other Cheek?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn The Other Cheek?

Well Live and Learn,
I recently sold some items on the Marketplace and I sold them for well under what I wanted and what they were worth. I also still included the shipping and ended up having to mail the items in two boxes. I had checked all the parts and everything was in order. The recipient left positive feedback but a few days later claimied that something was wrong with one of the items and wanted to know what I was going to do about it. I offered to refund him for the item if he would send it back to me. His response was that I must not have checked everything as I should have and he wanted me to purchase a repair part and send it to him as he was done wasting his time and energy. I thought this was a little over the top but I did order the part he says he needs and I will send it to him once I receive it. I then stated to him that I would not take any further action for anything else he finds wrong and that I too was done with this deal. I believe I did the right thing by doing what he asked but how many of you have had sales where you know you sent good stuff but ended up getting a complaint later down the road. Is it right to always turn the other cheek or should we sometimes say "caveat emptor" in some of these situations?

Happy Flying!

Loopman

Old 11-13-2011, 08:49 AM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Turn The Other Cheek?

I have sold a few items like you explained. I have always double checked everything, made sure everything was packed correctly. One time a fella threw a "buster-fit" & claimed one part was missing. I had taken a picture of the box of stuff just before I finished packing it up. I sent him a"copy" of that picture with a caption on the back that said " BITE ME." I normally wouldn't have put the caption on it, but he was really getting "anal." Never heard from him again.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:44 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean by turn the other cheek,, how have you been wronged?? unless you believe the guy was scamming you and then if you believed that why would you send him anything,, I'm lost by your post a little.

I have been on the other end, where guys says something is in perfect condition to find it doesn't work or is not as advertised
Old 11-13-2011, 02:18 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

You're being a bit vague. Was something actually missing? It doesn't matter what price you sold it for. You and the buyer agreed, and that's the end of it. If you advertised your item as RTF or in good condition, then the buyer can reasonably expect nothing to be missing or broken. If there was, then you're in the wrong and did the right thing by replacing it. If he's asking for something that he should have understood wasn't included, then you have a solid case for denying his request. For example, if the item was a plane and the cowl was missing in the pictures you posted, the buyer shouldn't request that you send him a new cowl. But if you advertised the plane as having all servos included and it turns out one was broken, then you owe him a replacement servo.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:42 PM
carrellh

$999k seems pretty steep for supercub parts...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24400.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1686238  
Old 11-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

ORIGINAL: carrellh

$999k seems pretty steep for supercub parts...
Sorry, not the ad I was referencing. Please do not make assumptions.

Happy Flying!

Loopman
Old 11-15-2011, 07:49 PM
flyntruk
My Feedback: (5)

Talk about turning the other "cheek" refer to my post about how I got ripped off ! I'm still not done with that deal ...