Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Dual Aileron Servos

Old 04-14-2011, 07:07 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dual Aileron Servos

I have been out of flying for about 5 years and am getting started again. I am considering starting on a trainer even though I have about 5 years of flying. I am looking for a trainer that has dual servo capability, but most i am finding have only single servo set ups. Are there any trainer planes that offer dual servo ailerions without having to build them in on the wing halves?

Also, I have a Escapade in the box and could use it as a trainer, but I am wondering if I should fly some before putting it in the air?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:12 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Dual Aileron Servos

No sense going backward. Start with an intermediate trainer (the Escapade will be perfect) and just have someone buddy box with you for the first flight till you're comfortable
Old 04-14-2011, 07:18 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree with Minnflyer. Break out the Escapade. Put it on low rates and you'll be fine. You'll be suprised just how quickly the skills come back to you. If you are a bit nervous have an experienced pilot buddy box you for the first couple of flight.

Ken
Old 04-14-2011, 07:35 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Not sure why you'd want a dual servo aileron set up,,, I'm guessing you want to play with Mixing

Any trainer wing with a torque rod set up could easily be converted to dual servo,, just make the opening larger and put the servos side by side

Easy squeezy
Old 04-14-2011, 10:12 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. I think I will start with the Escapade as suggested. That is why I already have it and was just stepping back to reconsider my decision. I will buddy box for a little while when I get restarted and am glad to hear it comes back pretty quickly.