Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

You MUST Have a Buddy With You When You Play

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

You MUST Have a Buddy With You When You Play

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 06:57 AM
nachman4859
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: You MUST Have a Buddy With You When You Play

[:@] As a Person Who has been flying a Long time since early eightys ... and Love flying alone at the field ,But about 10 years ago I was having trouble with a racing rossi Engine needle was close to prop ...I chopped my palm... sliced it open big time.... I walked to my truck got out some napkins (breakfast tacos ... Found some electrical Tape ....Wrapped it around .... 10 or 14 times) ... and drove myself to the emergency room ...I left my planes there and called one of my flying buddies( i love one button speed dial) and asked him to pick up my planes....he did..... I didnt know when you have a large wound they cant stich you up you have to bandage it and let it drain and then clean it out rinse and repeat ...you get the message...well the morale of the story is... Dont mess with a fussy motor alone ...I was impatient and got bit .... Well I know if had help I wouldnt have gone thru this .... But I do love my freedom.... I guess you cant have it both ways... Nachman P.S. you can still dial 911 with three fingers... [X(] [:@]
Old 04-26-2011, 11:15 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Jim, Some very good points and ideas. That picture in my last post was taken about 1981! I am also very impressed with your club, you are very lucky indeed! I lived in England for 3 years in the late 80’s, never had a problem finding a place to fly, I lived near Oxford. Lot’s of old RAF bases to fly from! Thanks again, I may decide to do something after I have been here a while and if my other interests don’t cause me to drift away.

Nachman, thanks for the story, that really sucks man! You must be careful is the bottom line, I do all kinds of things alone. I added another electrical outlet in my shop this morning and replaced some wiring, I swim alone in my pool all the time. I even went flying today without any adult supervision!!! I just leave a large sign by the road that says, “If you see a model plane sticking out of my eye socket, call 911!”.

Calling all outlaws, I found a flying site that is good for the next 5 years (hopefully), and it has a ridge for slope soaring! I took some aerial shots while flying my plane with my left hand and holding the camera with my right. It was a good wind, a bit bumpy for the Gentle Lady, but a faster slope plane would do better.

Here are some pictures from today, I took a picture of one of the abandoned homes that I park behind.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19355.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1599535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33192.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1599536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze84849.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1599537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oi15511.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	1599538  
Old 04-26-2011, 01:52 PM
jimmac

Luke you are reading that all wrong for abandoned home read nice new clubhouse and workshop. What a pity someone has had to leave a home like that, but that field looks like it has a lot of promise. Thanks for the comments on our club we are still working on it after 11 years. It took us a year to find it and get a rental on it.
Jim.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Mr. N

I'm sorry, when I read that I had to laugh, I dont want to offend anybody but thats hilarious not the guy dieing but the rule.
Sorry about your friend.

Good Luck,
Nick