Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: A poll

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - for business travel

20 16.81%
  • Yes - for pleasure travel

41 34.45%
  • No - never had a reason to

13 10.92%
  • No - have no intention of traveling out of country

13 10.92%
  • I''ve always had one

32 26.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Do you own a valid passport?

i do but i don't, it is a goverment passport, so i can't use just when ever i want

San Diego but living in Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hmmmmm...."i do but i don't"....that sounds like something the government would say...LOL (joke)

ORIGINAL: skyhawk019

i do but i don't, it is a goverment passport, so i can't use just when ever i want
    The rest of your life starts now. Go Live It!

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I want your job....[&:]

ORIGINAL: RCB757

In the last few days I have used my passport a few times.
    Sunday; Cincinnati, Ohio to Leipzig, Germany
    Monday; Leipzig, Germany to Bahrain
    Tuesday; Bahrain to Hong Kong
    Tomorrow: Hong Kong to Khabarovsk, Russia to Anchorage.

I have two more weeks of travel ahead of me........This month.

All of this started with Model Airplanes and the influence of a man named Joe Hass who owned a small hobby shop in Wayne, Michigan.
    Thank you Joe!

What do I do when I am home?
    Build and fly model airplanes.

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

I want your job....[&:]

ORIGINAL: RCB757

In the last few days I have used my passport a few times.
    Sunday; Cincinnati, Ohio to Leipzig, Germany
    Monday; Leipzig, Germany to Bahrain
    Tuesday; Bahrain to Hong Kong
    Tomorrow: Hong Kong to Khabarovsk, Russia to Anchorage.

I have two more weeks of travel ahead of me........This month.

All of this started with Model Airplanes and the influence of a man named Joe Hass who owned a small hobby shop in Wayne, Michigan.
    Thank you Joe!

What do I do when I am home?
    Build and fly model airplanes.
    Me too!! But I might have stayed in Leipzig a little longer.
    Content, but not Complacent.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think more people would have them if they weren't over $100
    Dave Norman
    29w

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: daven

The cost adds up when you have to get them for the whole family. But the process is quite fast and efficient nowadays.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hsukaria

The cost adds up when you have to get them for the whole family. But the process is quite fast and efficient nowadays.
    Ican vouch for both of these. Because if the timing involved in getting mine and having to get the visa to travel Iopted to expidite the processing of my passport. The passport cost $180, $25 processing fee, and $18 for the overnight postage to get it there. However, Ihad my passport back in my hands in 10 days from sending it in!!!!

Ken
    The take off is optional, but the landing is MANDATORY!!
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ā*IĀ*can vouch for both of these. Because if the timing involved in getting mine and having to get the visa to travel IĀ*opted to expidite the processing of my passport. The passport cost $180, $25 processing fee, and $18 for the overnight postage to get it there. However, IĀ*had my passport back in my hands in 10 days from sending it in!!!!

Ken
    I didn't have to expedite, but I had to get them for 5 persons. That adds up. You would think that the Federal Gov't is trying to pay off the Deficit with these prices!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am retired now, so have more time to travel. I take at least two international trips per year, especially since my daughter started working in London. I have been to more than 60 countries. Last year my passport got full and I had to send it in to get more pages. I got this in while it was free - about a month later they starting charging for this service.

Many have commented about how great the sights are in the USA. This is DEFINITELY true. However, we should not close or minds to traveling to other lands. It can be a wonderful experience. Many people, especially in Asia, are curious about Americans, and will gladly converse with you about the similarities and differences between cultures.

There is a lot to see in this world. See some of it if you can. You will be rewarded with wonderful memories. Be an ambassador for your country.

littlera
    AMA #386

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

After 27 yrs in the Navy, I've traveled enough. I don't have one nor see any use for one. I have no intentions of traveling outside this country.

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: daven

I do not think so. What is $100 if you travel abroad. And it lasts 10 years on top of that (except for kids)... About 12 years ago I was traveling to Argentina on business and I did take my youngest son with me. I knew our passports were in order. The night before, I found out the kid's passports have to be renewed more frequently. The day we had to travel (out of NY) I went with my son to Philadelphia, and they have a service where they renew the passport in the day (there was a fee). To make a long story short, we were able to travel that night... The service was great.

Since that stressful day, I check the passports very carefully way ahead of time:-)

8 years ago we moved to our current home, and we lost the passports. Well, when I went looking for them, I could not find them. Since we had to travel to Scandinavia, I spent 2 days looking for the darn passports in the new house. To no avail, we had to re-do 3 passports. Two weeks after sending in the renewal the passports appeared in a closet in my son's bedroom (still in the plastic folder I was looking for). They were left there by mistake while unpacking. I never looked in my son's bedroom... Of course, we found them when we were not looking for them anymore... Oh welll...

Gerry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

I don't. As amazing as this country is, I see no reason to ever leave it.

I have friends, relatives and business associates in Europe who are always amazed at the vastness of the US. I was speaking to some of my UK clients recently about going to the Toledo Show. I told them that I was flying to it because it was a 14 hour drive. They said, ''You can't drive for 14 hours anywhere in the UK unless you're going in circles''

Some friends of mine (here in Minnesota) had a group of foreign exchange students staying with them. When asked what they wanted to do on the upcoming weekend they said, ''We want to drive to Hollywood for the day''. Europeans have no idea of how BIG this country is!

Compare a visit to Maine with a weekend in Florida. Washington state with the Jersey shore. Mount Rushmore to the Alamo. Meteor Crator to Devil's Tower.

I'll stay right here
    amen to that, ive done the overseas thing and while its alot of fun, theirs nothing better than road tripping across the country, or just flying wherever you need to go and seeing something totally different, a 6 hour plane trip will get you from the planes of ks to the desert in vegas or to nyc pick your choice, America is where it is at.
    the only thing we dont have is alot of that "ancient architecture" cathedrals from the 1500's and whatnot... o well landscapes are better than buildings
    either way theirs so much to see in the USA alone why go elsewhere until you have seen it all here
    Anything worth doing.............is worth overdoing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes I have one. We go on a lot of cruises and if anything would happen back home where we would want to fly back you need a passport to board a plane outside of the USA.
    Take-offs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe yes, maybe no. What does it matter???
    Jerry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ā*IĀ*can vouch for both of these. Because if the timing involved in getting mine and having to get the visa to travel IĀ*opted to expidite the processing of my passport. The passport cost $180, $25 processing fee, and $18 for the overnight postage to get it there. However, IĀ*had my passport back in my hands in 10 days from sending it in!!!!

Ken
    Heh, and that Brazil visa isn't real fun either (although did you have to get a non-tourist one? Don't know what those run, I just remember paying for the tourist one.).

I do cruises, so have passport. Also have the passport card to make it easier to carry around in case we decide on the spur of the moment to head to Canada.
    Capital Area Radio Drone Squadron webmaster
    http://www.cardsrc.com/
    (New website address!)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We should buy Canada and then not have to worry about passports to go there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Last time I had a passport I was 10yrs old taking a trip to germany-I'm now almost 30 and haven't had a passport since. No need to leave the U.S anymore.
    | Serpent 811T-E | Tamiya TRF 801XT-E |
    | Hyper 9e | Slash 4x4 STRC LCG |
    | Stampede 4x4 | Stampede | Blitz |
    | Futaba 4PLS Controls 'em All |

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've was born in Puerto Rico (Navy bratt), we lived there for 2 years then my mom divorced and moved to Germany with my brother and I. We lived there for 8 years and every year we would travel to another European country, so my bro and I had our own passports.

We moved (back) to the States, San Diego (where both my parents were born) in '76. The passports went forgotten from them until '91 - '92 when I got offered a job over-seas. Have had 3 since then. Had to add pages to my first one about half way through its validity.

As much as I love the Bohemian wander lust I've pretty much 'settled' for the moment. And as it's currently Dubai, I still don't consider this to be "home".

I agree, as cool as travelling and experiencing other cultures and countries is....I love the good 'ol US.

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Captain Terrific

After 27 yrs in the Navy, I've traveled enough.Ā* I don't have one nor see any use for one.Ā* I have no intentions of traveling outside this country.

Dave

Traveling with the military can be fun at times, however there were things I would rather not see again. I always returned to the US thinking this is where I belong, home of the free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123