Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Closing of the "Osama is dead" thread

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Closing of the "Osama is dead" thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 02:44 PM
unclezesta
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Closing of the "Osama is dead" thread

why would you slap our armed service members in the face by restricting the rights they are out their defending for us??? one of the greatest freedoms we have in this country is the right to disagree with each other, and voice it freely. we also have the technological means to do so very quickly over great distance via internet forums, etc. while such complex topics will obviously raise some strong feelings, i don't see where in that thread it ever got out of hand. as forum users in a free country we should have the right to discuss, debate, and defend our opinions however we see fit, barring degrading each other personally. attacking a statement or viewpoint is hardly a personal attack; it is a challenge towards a way of thinking, which is the only way we can progress as a species.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:04 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Closing of the

Likely for the same reason my gaming forum clamps down on it. Politics + Anonymity(Percieved or not) = ENORMOUS flame war

honestly if I were staff here I would have closed it the moment I saw it.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:22 PM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the over the top political correctness has destroyed the back-bone of this great country. Sad.

Once upon a time it was OK to be a true American. Now it is a derogatory term....

I immigrated to this great country because my belief system is similar to it's fundamentals and I wanted to be part of it. Now I find that being a coward and weakling is the accepted way of life.

RCU admins, shame on you if you simply kill these threads because you are afraid to lose $'s.

Bliksem

Old 05-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For all the nay-sayers that need proof.

If you ever get a chance to sake the hand of a Navy SEAL ask him if he lies about his actions in combat...
Old 05-03-2011, 04:46 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No body slapped any one in the face. It was closed because it was wandering off into areas that are not prudent and as the moderator who closed it said, it had run it's course. Thanks for your understanding, Dave