Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

suspicious? maybe

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:49 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspicious? maybe

Maybe I'm paraniod, but I've been watching the sites for ducted fan powerplants both here and RCG. There are some DF units that have been on sale for months showing no interest from anyone, now that OBL havs been done away with in Pakistan there is some guy or girl named Shery from Pakistan that seems pretty desperate to buy up everything DF on RCG. He even got in touch with me because I replied to one of the DF ads, telling me he would buy up any or all DF stuff I own. I don't know if there is an agenda here or not.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:44 AM
dredhea
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: suspicious? maybe

ORIGINAL: airega1

Maybe I'm paraniod, but I've been watching the sites for ducted fan powerplants both here and RCG. There are some DF units that have been on sale for months showing no interest from anyone, now that OBL havs been done away with in Pakistan there is some guy or girl named Shery from Pakistan that seems pretty desperate to buy up everything DF on RCG. He even got in touch with me because I replied to one of the DF ads, telling me he would buy up any or all DF stuff I own. I don't know if there is an agenda here or not.
I'm sure that within an hour of your post, there was a CIA team hunting the guy down. Your vigilance is the kind we all need to have. It may sometimes seem more like paranoia but being a little paranoid may not be a bad thing. Better safe than sorry.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:42 PM
airega1

Thanks Dred
Old 05-08-2011, 10:16 PM
tommygun32

edited.

airega1 you have a pm.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:21 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Being a liitle paranoid is a good thing,

A few years back me and my boys were at the local fishing pier and there was a family, maybe 2, made up of men/women/kids of obvious Mid eastern decent.. No read flag yet,, but when they started taking pictures of themselves with the Power Plant in the back ground that threw up big red flags to me,, Why not the lake in the back ground??? Well not much time passed when we start hearing the news stories of Terrorists possibly targeting Power Plants and other infrastructure.. It could have been all just coincidence, but I wished I'd called the police. I ever see anything that seams funny like that again I'm calling.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:51 AM
airega1

I here ya, and you can't take anything for granted anymore. people want to flame me for being cautious or paranoid, and it used to bother me, but not anymore, I take nothing for granted when it comes to RADICAL islam SORRY!
Old 05-09-2011, 06:51 AM
TomBates

You did the right thing airega1. I'm behind you all the way. Everyone needs to be well aware of everything going on around us.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely! One will definitely get Poo-Pooed by the masses, but diligence to what's happening is sorely needed.

Good Work!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

I think that there are a lot more American civilians then there are agents that do this for a living, the American people need to wake up and take off the blinders.. Today's world is much different then it was 20 years ago, you just cant take things for granted.. If someone flames you for being concerned, who cares.. You know that you did the right thing and that's all that matters..
I often wonder if anyone noticed something leading up to 9-11, but didn't think to act on it. I would bet that someone did see or here something and didn't do anything about it, bet I can guess how they feel now....

Jimbo
Old 05-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

I think that there are a lot more American civilians then there are agents that do this for a living, the American people need to wake up and take off the blinders.. Today's world is much different then it was 20 years ago, you just cant take things for granted.. If someone flames you for being concerned, who cares.. You know that you did the right thing and that's all that matters..
I often wonder if anyone noticed something leading up to 9-11, but didn't think to act on it. I would bet that someone did see or here something and didn't do anything about it, bet I can guess how they feel now....

Jimbo

OH YES! There were a number of things. CIA agents knew stuff but were turned away when they reported to supervisers. Pilot instructors never questioned some students that only wanted to know how to fly around the sky and had no interest in landing.

Can you imagine what would have happened if Bush had announced even just the day before that there was a definite problem existing and commercial aviation was to sit a day or two out? The liberal media would have flushed him down the toliet with all the garbage they could muster and 70% of the populace would have laughed him down more.
Just this AM, there was a news program in NYC asking youngsters about Bin Laden. Almost all had no knowledge of the name. One youngster did recall that he was a guy that liked to kill people.

Someone gets stabbed around here and the news people lash out for more gun control. Figure out that mentality!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:51 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its good to be suspicious... the ducted fan powered jets might be the cheapest way for the terrorists to make RC Jet/bombs...

i hate to speculate but it could be a reality.... id report that guy if at all possible....not sure if the local authorities would take it serious though
Old 05-09-2011, 12:24 PM
airega1

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

its good to be suspicious... the ducted fan powered jets might be the cheapest way for the terrorists to make RC Jet/bombs...

i hate to speculate but it could be a reality.... id report that guy if at all possible....not sure if the local authorities would take it serious though
I they don't take it serious they're idiots
Old 05-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Long as we are on the subject, I found this post to be odd..
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10452883/tm.htm
Old 05-09-2011, 03:55 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it does sound suspicious
Old 05-11-2011, 10:15 PM
highhigh
Banned

ORIGINAL: airega1

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

I they don't take it serious they're idiots
yup, they 're totally idiots.