Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone with a rc boat in Dubai ???

Hi,

First of all:this is a great forum!

Maybe someone can help me: I am a bit desperate. I gota beautiful MISSGEICOfrom ProBoat (and yes, I also got a lot of advice on how to modify it)... but no idea where to take it out here in Dubai.

Are there any clubs or teams who race their boats on special locations in or around Dubai, as the Arabian Gulf is not calm enough to fire it with 50mph over... :-)

Thank you in advance for your help!

C U

MARXAIR

San Diego but living in Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Anyone with a rc boat in Dubai ???

Hi marxair,

I've only seen (running) RC boats twice in Dubai.

A nice sized sail boat making its way through Dubai Marina and about a 3' electric speed boat zipping around the Media City pond behind Buildings 1, 2 & 3. This was during a fun fair a couple years ago at Media City and don't know if it's actaully allowed normally. Can't hurt to ask though. Worse they'll say is no.

I've not heard of any clubs or groups of people getting together for RC boats, but I've asked a couple of local friends of mine who are big time into RC if they know of any.

Will post once they get back to me...

Good luck.
    The rest of your life starts now. Go Live It!

Team Terribles

San Diego but living in Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got some responses.

One of the guys used to be into boats but has shifted pretty much just towards flying and buggies / truggies.

Another friend runs his right off the beach in Jumeirah when it's calm enough. He mentioned that a number of guys who post in this forum http://www.dubdrift.com/ are also into boats, so good bet would be to check there as well.

If you want to get in touch with my friend, PM me your mobile and I'll forward it to him.

Good luck.
    The rest of your life starts now. Go Live It!

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tommygun, thanks - that sounds good. I will check the website as well as the places in Media City, Dubai Marina can also be calm... right.

Will get back to you soon!

CU

MARXAIR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

I live at the Dubai Marina. I've just got a brushless Twin Storm that I plan on running in the Marina. We should hook up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Tonneree,

great idea. The Twin Storm 800 is nice, it ranges in the same class with the MIss Geico (stock version!).

Did you modify anything? I took mine for the first run in the Arabian Ranches Lake, was cool - but after 17 min the batteries went down and I had to go. Water also very warm, so basically no cooling effect on the engine and esc, as we had 43 degrees yesterday...

Need more battery packs, LiPos 7.4 2S, as soon as I get them will let you know and then we can meet on the slipway :-)

Best,

MARXAIR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i'm going for a run at the Marina tomorrow (Saturday). wanna join ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

btw I did try a run today at the pond in front of the Media One at DMC. Security guard came after a few minutes and said it was not allowed as "it would kill the birds and fish"... and I also broke a propeller.

My spare propellers are in France and will only arrive in a month Does anyone know where I can find any in Dubai ? (The store in Dubai Mall is a joke... nothing there)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi, the miss geico comes with one spare prop... so i am very careful :-)

i took the boat on the arabian ranches lake out saturday for another test (sorry, I saw your message in the forum just now), and it went well: for around 10 minutes. one of the lipo-packs took on volume and nearly blew off. very hot pack! so, now i definetly have to go to the shop for new akku packs and maybe a better charger...

in dubai there are many rc shops, just google around - the dubai mall is the last i would visit, expensive and small range for boats.

check airport road and surroundings for hobbieszone (www.hobbieszone.com)and others, there are 4 shops. also not to bad for rc and spare parts: toys'n'us at sheik zayed road. all of them have "some" boats but can order quickly. there is one traxxas dealer also for boats in the extension of the runway (near airport road), as well as "ultimate heli" next to 4x4 motors.

i will let you know when I am ready for the next run :-)

MARXAIR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok, now Iinvested in a imax lipo charger, digital and so on, fully loaded with specs, and my lipos are thankful for it. good charging experience.

seems that I can buy some more to achieve 30mins running time and then will check marina and places for mirror surface conditions.

i heard that also al mamzar park (between dubai and sharjah)offers some nice places for rc boat racing. anyone with experiences?

best,

MARXAIR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok tried a run with my twinstorm at the marina. too much wind and waves... am afraid to go full speed because the boat WILL flip over. it litteraly flies on acceleration. also speed controller was over heaing as i was not going full throttle. need to find calmer waters...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi, ok - this is the place to go: sharjah creek, next to al mamzer beach park. its just 5 mins from the airport, and its a huge and empty area, protected from the sea and great to race.

check out the pictures, i went there last saturday. going to 70 km/h it flipped also one time, but i sealed the cockpit so it stayed on the surface until i went there. a bit of drying with a towel and checking the batteries, then it went again for 15 minutes... was a cool ride. maybe tomorrow morning (saturday between 9-10) i will go there again, depending on the winds!

c u

MARXAIR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca81364.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	1621343   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ni23159.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	1621344   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Di99809.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	1621345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ke90426.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	1621346