Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Spectrum/JR warning

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:33 AM
bobbucko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum/JR warning

Just got a message from Advantage Hobbies about new sale and a new warning just issued by Spectrum/JR about what they call holds (lockouts is what I think they are talking about. Suggest that if your are using Spectrum,Jr that you go to there web site and read. I'm not that familar with Spectrum or JR, but if you are using them suggest that you take a look.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spectrum/JR warning

This is from the Jr site under 9503 Bulletins,,,

http://www.jrradios.com/ServiceCenter/Bulletins.aspx

DSMX transmitters operating in DSM2 mode

The Spektrum Team has been investigating sporadic reports from DSMX transmitter owners using their products in DSM2 mode. We have discovered that in some rare instances, DSMX equipped transmitters with the Product ID (PID) within this bulletin, may have a backwards compatibility issue that could cause a "hold" with the following superseded DSM2 receivers: AR500, AR6100, AR6100E, AR6110, AR6110E, AR6200 and AR6300.

Note: This bulletin does not apply to DSM2 only transmitters.

If you have a DSMX transmitter with one of the following PIDs, please complete the Transmitter Service Request Form to receive a prepaid shipping label to send your transmitter to Horizon Hobby for a free firmware update.

BV
Old 06-03-2011, 03:14 PM
jrb1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've thought HH has had a systemic problem with TXs for quite a while.

Every Spektrum TX has had a recall!

What's a hold ( could cause a "hold" with )?

Fail safe setting; or no further updates out of the TX to the RX?

My guess is the latter .

Wonder if the guys who got their TXs done @ SEFF have the issue too; their PID could be like mine (TH912J) which isn't listed in the bulletin?

Still haven't sent my 9503 back for it's original recall (& a CF RX too); ws going to wait past the initial bow wave, then the DSMX wave (might do it) now even a bit longer!

Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way I read it for X9503's(NON DSMX), its for the Auto Land feature and 2nd issue Service Center discovered affected the Model Match for models 31-50 when binding and saving new models into memory,,, thats for the listed PID's,,, if yours is not there,,, then no worries

BUT,,,IF YOU Have the DSMX then this applies,,, http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=JRP2930X

The Spektrum Team has been investigating sporadic reports from DSMX transmitter owners using their products in DSM2 mode. We have discovered that in some rare instances, DSMX equipped transmitters with the Product ID (PID) within this bulletin, may have a backwards compatibility issue that could cause a "hold" with the following superseded DSM2 receivers: AR500, AR6100, AR6100E, AR6110, AR6110E, AR6200 and AR6300.

Note: This bulletin does not apply to DSM2 only transmitters.

If you have a DSMX transmitter with one of the following PIDs, please complete the Transmitter Service Request Form to receive a prepaid shipping label to send your transmitter to Horizon Hobby for a free firmware update.

Sooo, if you have the X9503 DSMX rig,,, its needs a fix'n

BV