Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Problems with RealFlight

Old 08-03-2011, 08:54 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with RealFlight

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question but I could not find a flight simulator forum. Anyway, I have Windows Vista on my computers (unfortunately) and one of the few things that the system ran acceptably was RealFlight. Then in early July, RealFlight quit working. I called customer support at RealFlight and they say that Windows Vista was recently upgraded to service pack 2 and that it no longer supported RealFlight. As far as they are concerned, the only way to get RealFlight back is to buy Windows 7 or whatever is newer than that. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do to correct it?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:14 AM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Problems with RealFlight

Jolly : I can't answer your question but I have a question for you. When we were on the road we used to visit Mountain Home now and then and one of the places we visited was " The Hobby Shop " on 9th street ( Wally & Wilma ). Is it still there ???? Thanks . ENJOY !!! RED
Old 08-03-2011, 09:41 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Just uninstall Service Pack 2. I'm still running Vista, I've never had a lick of trouble out of it, any modern PC game runs wonderfully, and I don't even have windows update turned on. No service packs, no updates, no anything like that.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:13 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

red head, I moved here in January 2001 and the only "hobby shop" at the time was in Harp's Plaza. It was the poorest excuse for a hobby shop I have ever seen and has since closed. Until about two months ago there was nothing and then a small shop was opened in Midway. He does not have much yet, but he does sell fuel and props and such. He claims he will add inventory as he goes along. We shall see.

378, the updates are added automatically. I don't know how to uninstall the updates but I guess I need to research that, do it, and then disable the automatic update feature. Anyone know how to quickly uninstall service pack 2? I'm really kind of miffed because RealFlight operated beautifully until then. And buying Windows 7 is propably a good idea, but I hate being forced to fix something that wasn't broke.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:26 AM
My Feedback: (4)

I'm not sure on how one would go about removing SP2. I think you can do it through Windows Update or something. I'll see what I can dig up.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Lucas45

You could try the system restore option, that is if you had that enabled.