Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

International Travel with RC Vehicles

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

International Travel with RC Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 06:24 PM
nitro-rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default International Travel with RC Vehicles

I am about to go to India for two weeks and am bringing a crawler with me as part of my job. What is the best way to bring it over (I will be flying from Canada)? Can I just stow it in my regular luggage? I assume lipo batteries are out and I have to bring a NiMH. I've been thinking of shipping it in advance via fedex or UPS and just getting it out of the way.

Any tips, stories, experiences or ideas are welcome.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:16 PM
tommygun32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: International Travel with RC Vehicles

While visiting home (San Diego) a couple years ago, my brother bought me a 1:8 buggy RTR. TX, batteries, glow starter (not lipo), everything in the box ready to go (no fuel).

I sealed it up with duct tape, wrapped it in rope incorporating a handle into the knots and checked it in as normal luggage. No problems. It was there on the conveyor belt when I arrived in Dubai 17 hours later non the worse for wear.

Your best bet I would think though is to call the airline or visit a travel agent. Heck, take the crawler with you and explain everything to them so they can make a judgment call.

If not, just break it down (tires off/batteries out/etc) and pack it real good in your luggage.

Good luck.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:17 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: International Travel with RC Vehicles

If you have a relaible source to receive it at your destination, then ship it FedEx, UPS, or DHL. Airline luggage handling and inspection has become too unreliable.