Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Downloading PDF file from Hobbico

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Downloading PDF file from Hobbico

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Downloading PDF file from Hobbico

I always make a point of downloading assembly and instruction manuals for new planes, engines, radios and electronics that I am interested in. Lately I have run into trouble being able to download PDF files from Hobbico/Tower/Great Planes. What happens is that the file begins to download and then slows down and about 1/3 of the way it simply stops. I can scroll through the portion that has downloaded until I get to the end of it and then it locks the system and I have to use the Task Manaager close the download and unfreeze the computer. This does not happen when I download from other sites for similar items such as downloading the manual for the Saito 82. I am running Windows 7 and use the latest and up to date Norton Internet Security. I should add that until recently I have downloaded many PDF files from Hobbico. Any ideas or input would be appreciated.

Howard
Old 09-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Downloading PDF file from Hobbico

Right-click on the link and use the "save link as" option. This will then give you a good download. The problem comes about because the file being downloaded is very large, and the apps don't "like" downloading large files into themselves.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also try clearing out your cache and cookies.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

ORIGINAL: Bax

Right-click on the link and use the ''save link as'' option. This will then give you a good download. The problem comes about because the file being downloaded is very large, and the apps don't ''like'' downloading large files into themselves.
Thank you Bax, I downloaded the manual for the OS 95FS using the method you described and it took about a second to complete the download.

Howard
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

I have the same problem when using the MS Internet Explorer. No problem when using FireFox.

Bruce