Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: EASY TIGER Problems??

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

Ok guys, let's not go off track, shall we?
    i see we are being censored AGAIN. got a laugh out of my last post being REMOVED. not at all surprised
    Well, let's see...

I said, ''keep on track''.

You didn't.

That's not censorship, that is me moderating the thread (as in: doing what I am supposed to do).

I don't tell people to keep a thread on track for my health. That was a polite warning.
    sounds more like self serving to me. i thought RCU rules prohibited flaming or generally running a person down? sounds more like character assassination at the expense of "Curtis " AKA easy tiger and beside your "keep on track" was written after that removed post huu!
    Contest Director /Turbine pilot/ P-38 Brotherhood/Scratch Builders make their own Destiny

Sorry to hear of anyone's troubles with a vendor. I purchased a KI-61 "Tony" from him a few years back. He was a little slow to ship but not so much as to begin getting worried. About two to three weeks from MO receipt confirmation and arrival to my door. I spoke with him at length before buying and gave him a "check-in" call just before I received the plane. Had him add an order for a spare canopy to his next order/container, he said it would be quite a while, then emailed me 5-6 mos later and said it was in...funny; the canopy got to my mailbox the day before his email came in. Great guy to talk with and he really, REALLY digs rc planes. Too bad that doesn't seem to transfer to fulfilling the orders lately. But, since he apparently can't post in his defense, maybe there is more to the stories than we are hearing...just sayin....
    "The American taxpayer has always been politicaly deceived. It's their Birthright!"
    Lord Mountjoy, 'The Mouse on the Moon'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There is nothing more to the story... DR-1 ordered last July.... paid $1,150.00 no plane, no explanation, and no refund..

Just what more do you want... Sure we have noodled this one over... he does not produce anything... but he cannot seem to get the planes from a manufacturer either. Plane or cash, one or the other.

Sure some people got what they ordered... not everyone, and we are talking serious cash.... felony cash.

Curtis had plenty of time to respond... all you will hear is lies coming from him and the fake Identities he creates to do his bidding.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, I had the same problem all of you are having and even posted here on RCUniverse but was told not to. I contacted the BBB in New York but it took me several months to get my money back. I will never deal with him again. Buyers beware!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, I tried to post on here back in July of 2011 when I was having problems with him. After unanswered calls and emails, I contacted the BBB in New York and they sent him a letter. It took me several months to get my money but I finally did!!! Buyers Beware!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As an innocent bystander, reading the remaining uncensored threads, it seems more than obvious this post has informed me as well as anyone who reads it that they should NOT purchase anything from this seller.  Point made and welcomed.  Basically, quite a few people have been burned for a good sum of money waiting on purchases far longer than they should.  I hope everyone interprets the intention of this thread that RCU has left running that "bad news spreads a lot faster than good news".  I see very few people who will step up to the plate and vouch for the credibility of this seller so I will stay as far away from him and alert any fellow hobbiests in my area to wisely also avoid purchasing from him.
    Thanks to the postings to warn us and save us the aggrevation we have seen here dealing with Easy Tiger. 
    I think the best advice to ANY buyer is to use credit cards or PayPal to where you have a fighting chance to recover your purchase.  I would NEVER send un-protected funds to anyone to by anything.  Any solicitation to having to prepay without some payment middleman to intervene if needed is a red flag for problems.
    Intelligence is similar to a dress code. Dont attend a black tie affair wearing cutoffs and a tank top. Know your facts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think that it is all a matter of communication... if you as a vender are having trouble with the wholesaler... let the end buyer know. Report the truth and protect the end buyer as much as possible. Do not tell lies. Always provide shipping and tracking information. We all know that there are small businesses out there scratching out a living. We will take a chance occasionally, but not for long.

I think that we all know that there can be SNAFUs when we are dealing mail order... but to steal outright... that is a bit more than anyone can bear.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Exactly. Communication is EVERYTHING. Customer service has headed the way some of my airplanes have! No one gives a flying flip in sales anymore. I'll pay more to have a LHS shake my hand and ask how things are and cater to my needs than save 15% / 25% buying from a foreign website. What I've gathered in this thread is that the seller is far from being straight up with his clients. If truly indeed he has been kicked off Ebay and now RCU, that says everything. One or two good references doesn't say squat about his reputation when his track record is being proven here to be outrageous and disgusting and allegedly dishonest. I'm self employed for 30 years now and the first thing I do isdeal with any issuesorconcerns my clients have before anything else on the plate. It's AMAZING howmuchbusiness is saved and re-ignited by customer care. I justdon't see that with EasyTiger and/or whoever he is that posts in his behalf.
    Intelligence is similar to a dress code. Dont attend a black tie affair wearing cutoffs and a tank top. Know your facts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys,
    I didn't see any of these negative comments about Easy Tiger and I went ahead and ordered a Giant Corsair on March 12, 2012. It arrived today less than one month after ordering it and the plane is a really nice piece of work. I purchased it for a birthday present and Curtis assured me it would arrive in time and it was only one day late. I was able to track it so I knew it enroute. I will buy from him again. I will give him a thumbs up on this purchase.
    Bold Pilot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You got very lucky. Others are not as fortunate.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just 1 fraudulent, embezzeled transaction in 10,000 is a crime and should land any man in prison.
    WHO GUNNA FEED MAW KEEEIDS..???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did you even bother to read the thread? 4 people here were ripped off and numerous others on ebay. Ebay that small unknown site where he was banned.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes I read this thread.

Did you understand the point I was trying to make...?
    WHO GUNNA FEED MAW KEEEIDS..???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry, I miss read your comment... problems I understand. Fraud and theft is another thing... thanks for the support.

ORIGINAL: BOLD PILOT

Hi Guys,
    I didn't see any of these negative comments about Easy Tiger and I went ahead and ordered a Giant Corsair on March 12, 2012. It arrived today less than one month after ordering it and the plane is a really nice piece of work. I purchased it for a birthday present and Curtis assured me it would arrive in time and it was only one day late. I was able to track it so I knew it enroute. I will buy from him again. I will give him a thumbs up on this purchase.
    Bold Pilot
    I bought two big planes from Easytiger, and I love them both. Just ordered another. My only complaint is they were a little slower than expected, delivery-wise, but not too bad. The owner of Easytiger Models just did me a real solid, he hand-delivered a used replacement part for a strut for my Spitfire that I bent, delivered it to one of my stores, so I could get up and flying again, I call that exceptional customer service.
    I was looking at that Corsair, but I ordered something else, I will keep it a surprise for now.
    I would tell anyone thinking about ordering from ETM that they may be a little optimistic about delivery dates, but not too much, much better than some of the companies I know here that nobody ever badmouths.
    As far as on your six, this person has been harassing me on private message, and I don't believe a word he says. Looking at the complaints, I see far more praise than bad, and most of the bad is just people gossiping online, not actual customers. Be careful what you read online, people just love to talk trash. Goog luck.

ORIGINAL: frets24

Sorry to hear of anyone's troubles with a vendor. I purchased a KI-61 ''Tony'' from him a few years back. He was a little slow to ship but not so much as to begin getting worried. About two to three weeks from MO receipt confirmation and arrival to my door. I spoke with him at length before buying and gave him a ''check-in'' call just before I received the plane. Had him add an order for a spare canopy to his next order/container, he said it would be quite a while, then emailed me 5-6 mos later and said it was in...funny; the canopy got to my mailbox the day before his email came in. Great guy to talk with and he really, REALLY digs rc planes. Too bad that doesn't seem to transfer to fulfilling the orders lately. But, since he apparently can't post in his defense, maybe there is more to the stories than we are hearing...just sayin....
    Do they make a giant scale ki61 Tony? It's not on the website. If they have one, I want one. Is yours for sale?
    I agree with much of what you say, sometimes the communication with ETM is weird...I ordered up a complete set of landing gear for my Monster Spitfire because I bent a strut. Two weeks later, then Curtis the owner drops off a replacement part at one of my stores, and cancels my order. Shot himself in the foot on a $295 sale. Good business or not? You decide. I was willing to pay for a complete set of gear to have spares, but he gave me the ine part I needed for free instead. Me, I am in retail, I would have taken the money for sure.
    Like you say, he is a really great guy to talk to in person or on the phone, he may be the most knowledgeable modeler I have ever met.
    Like you, it disgusts me to hear people talking smack about someone who cannot respond here, it's just bad manners and cheap shots. As long as he does right by me, which he has so far, I'll take a few minutes to stick up for an underdog. I've had many dealings with many smaller model companies for many years, including waiting ten months for a jet that was promised in two, over a year for a set of very expensive landing gear, six months for a custom set of wheels, and currently over four months for a radial engine. From companies with great reputations. I'm not going to go online and whine about it, that's me. If you are in the hobby long enough, you learn that sometimes this specialty stuff takes longer than expected, but it's often worth the wait.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Curtis,

I have not been harassing datavision in Private Messages... Do you want me to post what you have been saying? Go ahead and post mine. I have responded to every profane statement with civility.

I have nothing to hide, and you don't scare me. This is just your typical behavior as has been documented many times before.

I have not said anything false about easytiger models.... They are a fraud and rip off their customers, often shipping nothing.

Curtis Mattikow was banned from RC Universe and E-Bay for fraudulent practices... he keeps returning as some new obscure user name until it is banned.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Problem is still unresolved legal proceedings being pursued.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If anyone is wanting another US source for the large models ET has on their site, check out Texasrcplanes.com.
    Terry
    "Old Fart" in training. (not to be an R/Cer, but to be an "Old Fart")
    P-39 Brotherhood # 6
    P-38 Brotherhood #69

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I do have some good news to report, Curtis finally shipped the DR-1 plane, direct from China.... 11 months 5 days after the order was placed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

I do have some good news to report, Curtis finally shipped the DR-1 plane, direct from China.... 11 months 5 days after the order was placed.

Well there you go. A company that actually has faster shipping thatn Hobby King.
    RC Aircraft/ Three Laws Safe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: topspin

Well there you go. A company that actually has faster shipping thatn Hobby King.
    ..... and better customer support.

K-Bob. The K is silent. \"The only time you can have too much fuel is if you are on fire\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There are several others in this thread that have waited longer. Keep up the fight guys. It is just so wrong.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maybe there is hope for me afterall, I bought and paid for a replacement wing for their FW-190 a year ago Oct 17 and have yet to get it. Ripped off for 325.00.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast