Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

EASY TIGER Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM
topspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EASY TIGER Problems??

ORIGINAL: Phil Schwartz

Maybe there is hope for me afterall, I bought and paid for a replacement wing for their FW-190 a year ago Oct 17 and have yet to get it. Ripped off for 325.00.

$325.00 for a wing? Man that is one expensive wing. BTW couldn't help but notice last post in this thread was July. So you just dragged this up outta nowhere? You haven't called them and asked them anything? What gives????
Old 12-06-2012, 03:00 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So here is how it worked... the guy probably did a search on RCU for information about this company... guess what, this is the largest thread about the company... many many people have commented. I consider this a trend line...

I reported that my friend got his plane 11months and 5 days after ordering... I think that it is this thread that made it possible, I wish the latest sad entry the best of luck. This is all very easily avoided... good communication with the customer, and prompt placing of an order. I know several who have never received product they have paid for. We did lay out a path for proceeding through the legal system...
Old 01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
on_your_six

I see another fraudster was arrested... karma!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

????

Old 01-12-2013, 08:06 AM
vallawyer

If you are trying to say Easytiger was arrested, Isaw him yesterday at their warehouse, Ido not think that is true. Picked up a new airplane, too.
We discussed this thread, and he told me flat-out that you, on your six, has never actually made a purchase fromEasytiger Models. Is that true or not?

Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Bill G

Curtis,

I have not been harassing datavision in Private Messages... Do you want me to post what you have been saying? Go ahead and post mine. I have responded to every profane statement with civility.

I have nothing to hide, and you don't scare me. This is just your typical behavior as has been documented many times before.

I have not said anything false about easytiger models.... They are a fraud and rip off their customers, often shipping nothing.

Curtis Mattikow was banned from RC Universe and E-Bay for fraudulent practices... he keeps returning as some new obscure user name until it is banned.
I know nothing about the Ebay issue, but I give no credibility to the reasons forums give to ban people. Seen far too much nonsense, fabrications, and things that could even be called outright lies. Was that when RCU had a single owner, or since Internet Brands took over?
We all know how famous for fairness that other single owner, one guy moderates all rc forum is.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:35 AM
on_your_six

If you even took a minute to read the content of this thread, you would find half a dozen people that have been ripped off by ETM. I even got e-mail from a new victim the other day. Seems like a pretty good reason to ban him.
Now, what is your reason for defending him?

ORIGINAL: Bill G
Curtis,
I have not been harassing datavision in Private Messages... Do you want me to post what you have been saying? Go ahead and post mine. I have responded to every profane statement with civility.
I have nothing to hide, and you don't scare me. This is just your typical behavior as has been documented many times before.
I have not said anything false about easytiger models.... They are a fraud and rip off their customers, often shipping nothing.
Curtis Mattikow was banned from RC Universe and E-Bay for fraudulent practices... he keeps returning as some new obscure user name until it is banned.
I know nothing about the Ebay issue, but I give no credibility to the reasons forums give to ban people. Seen far too much nonsense, fabrications, and things that could even be called outright lies. Was that when RCU had a single owner, or since Internet Brands took over?
We all know how famous for fairness that other single owner, one guy moderates all rc forum is.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:28 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bill G

Curtis,

Over the period of time that this all happened Curtis was given plenty of chances to follow our rules, however he chose to ignore the warnings he was given and continued to break the rules that RCU has set forth. Their are many many manufacturers, vendors, and their representatives that frequent the RCU forums and they do so within the rules of RCU. Many of them are contributing members of our forums and do much to help out the membership of RCU. So we have a long history of working well with those in the business of RC. However that is not the case with Easy Tiger or those that represent his company. I'm not going to go into the "he said, she said" details of what happened as they aren't something that we are going to air in public. But I will say that the reason Curtis was banned from RCU had solely to do with his actions on RCU and absolutely nothing to do with how he provides support for his customers. Plain and simple, he broke the rules, over and over again, and he was banned.

As a final note, RCU has never been moderated by one man. We have a team of Moderators here and a structure in that everybody at every level of moderation is reviewed and checked in order to ensure that we provide fair moderation throughout RCU. We tell each and every moderator that if they are going to err we urge them to always err on the side of the members. Now I know that in the real world we do have bad moderators from time to time, but when that happens we take every measure to identify and either correct of remove a bad moderator. In the case of Easy Tiger the decision to ban was one made by many people and it happened only after every attempt was made to try and get him to correct his ways.

I'm not going to draw this matter out into a long protracted discussion in our forums. I am simply addressing your concerns on this matter. If you have any further questions on this matter please feel free to contact me by PM and I will be more than happy to address any concerns you may have.

Ken

Old 01-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Bill G

I guess part of what concerns me is apparently how long ago these things happened. I honestly don't know about the details, but I would hope that folks wouldn't keep bringing them up without my ability to respond, regardless of the situation, and especially if it was years later. What I have seen is a few folks that repeatedly post threads about this guy at various rc sites, simply for the purpose of taking bogus shots at him. Rcg let a thread go, where a guy accused him of internet fraud, because you could enter a quantity number of more than 1 for a custom model that was advertised as a "I have only one of these" sale. That's ridiculous.

The single mod system I was referring to was rcg and not here, although some sites do have owners that seem to practice universal moderation. At RCU's sister site Wattflyer, I am a top scratch building contributor. Look it up, you may find the builds interesting. At rcg I was the same thing, except for I got a bit upset at a few really critical and sarcastic non-contributing jerks years ago, and the single mod saw things from a very uninformed and limited perspective. I would not respond the same way today irregardless, but now years later that same mod was going as far as to place my name next to my ID. Here it is years later and I was still getting a bad name from him, and yes it was only from him as I had a good standing there in the scale building community, and he finally took the name tagging down. I assume it was only due to increasing fear that we were starting to discuss those type of behaviors on the web.

Considering that it was apparently a good while ago, I don't think it should be discussed as to why Easytiger was banned, and how overwhelming the circumstances are reported to be. It publicizes the notion that people should always be seen in the same way they were depicted on their way out. That in itself seems a bit drawn out, as I don't know the details on all these cases, and don't really see them as relevant anyway. As stated, that get's into "he said she said" territory. What makes this situation a bit unfair to the guy is that I don't believe he owned his model business back when all this happened, but anything stated about him now will be connected to his business. On the web there are no second chances at some places, even years later when some in society have completed capital sentence terms in prison. I'll respect the decision of a site, but along with it I would not want to see the reasons for my ban stated years later. I have no reason to question the credibility of this site, and with that said it would seem better if the reasons for bans were not restated. I personally would close threads when it becomes apparent that there are people who are simply defaming the character of a person for obvious vengeful reasons, when the person cannot respond. It's different from posting "I had a specific problem/problems with order #...."
Old 01-19-2013, 04:45 AM
on_your_six

Years Old ?? Are you kidding me? On 10/2011 I started this thread. That case is 18 months old from order date, 6 months old from resolution. Guess what, I just heard of a new case last week.

This guy cannot learn a lesson. He has horrible communication with customers and if they don't bug the living hell out of him, he will never deliver what has been paid for. This is currently happening JAN 2013

Here is how it is supposed to work: ... 1) Item Ordered, 2) Item paid For, 3) Item shipped, 4) transaction complete.... With Curtis Mattikow it seems to break down after step 2 many many many times. Way too many times to be an oversight.

A leopard does not change his spots.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 AM
topspin

Years Old ?? Are you kidding me? On 10/2011 I started this thread. That case is 18 months old from order date, 6 months old from resolution. Guess what, I just heard of a new case last week.

This guy cannot learn a lesson. He has horrible communication with customers and if they don't bug the living hell out of him, he will never deliver what has been paid for. This is currently happening JAN 2013

Here is how it is supposed to work: ... 1) Item Ordered, 2) Item paid For, 3) Item shipped, 4) transaction complete.... With Curtis Mattikow it seems to break down after step 2 many many many times. Way too many times to be an oversight.

A leopard does not change his spots.

I have not gotten involved in any of these discussions regarding Easy Tiger simply because I don't have a dog in the fight. However, after reading Bill G's post I have to agree that it seems unusual to continue to bash someones character, someone that you don't know for reasons that have never been clearly stated.

I guess I need to ask you straight up,

what exactly is your beef with Curtis? You already said you have never bought anything from him so why would you continue to cast aspersions on the man and his bussiness that you have never had dealings with?

In the past I had some pretty heated discussions with Curtis but I don't dislike him or hold anything against him, he has strong opinions and so do I, so what. I would be willing to bet he is probably a very nice guy if I ever met him in person, most RC guys are because we all share something in common. Why don't you call him and just have a talk with him just to see what he's like.

And before you go into a tailspin I don't know Curtis personally and have never bought anything from his company or from him so I would not think of leveling any accusations. That goes for anyone in my book, even you.

And just for what it's worth, Curtis has never tried to hide who he is, or where he is. His contact information is there for all to see. Is yours?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 AM
on_your_six

I have explained that all here in this thread. Try and find an address for him... it is all a PO box. We do have a physical address after much searching and help from law enforcement.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:04 AM
topspin

I have explained that all here in this thread. Try and find an address for him... it is all a PO box. We do have a physical address after much searching and help from law enforcement.
Here is their website:
http://easytigermodels.com/

This may help:

Contact Us

Easytiger Models
ATTN- Curtis Mattikow
408 West 34th St #5d
NY NY 10001

Telephone: 917 971 3322

Email: [email protected]

You never did say who your buddy was in your OP but I don't recall ever seeing him post about this issue. Seems odd that you would go to such lengths for someone else who couldn't be bothered to post for themselves. Just seems strange is all.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:28 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything you read on the internet is TRUE. Because the internet says it is.

I don't believe there was a BUDDY that got ripped off. I don't believe someone paid $340 for a wing. I don't believe half this stuff is true.

I think someone just has it out for someone else and wants to use the internet as their personal tool to seek vengence.

I would like to see this buddy with his order form proving he got ripped off. If you can't produce it, then

WHY DON'T YOU JUST SHUT UP ???

Frank
Old 01-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Phil Schwartz
My Feedback: (5)

Yes somebody did just get ripped off for $325.00 not $340.00 for a FW-190 wing, its been one year and 3 months. It was me. Curtis , my attorneys and I are watching every little thing you do and say, I will get my wing or my money back. On-your -six , keep up the good work buddy, we're all behind you..............Phil Schwartz
President,,SMMAC
Southern Mn. Model Aircraft Club
Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 AM
on_your_six

Thank you Phil, I appreciate you catching my back.

Frank,
Need anything else? Not everything on the web is false. Yes, a great deal of it is, for sure. This can all be solved by Curtis. Deliver the products that have been paid for. If you can't get a product for a customer, return the money.

This thread is making a very good point for the FBI Internet Fraud case.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 AM
topspin

Thank you Phil, I appreciate you catching my back.

Frank,
Need anything else? Not everything on the web is false. Yes, a great deal of it is, for sure. This can all be solved by Curtis. Deliver the products that have been paid for. If you can't get a product for a customer, return the money.

This thread is making a very good point for the FBI Internet Fraud case.
I don't know about Frank but you still have not produced the name of your buddy who got ripped off on a large scale triplane and not a wing.

And for the record, there is no FBI internet fraud case nor any other cases. If your friend was ripped off for that much money he could simply file a claim in small claims court in New York, that's what I would have done. It is not far from Maryland to New York and a train ticket is very cheap if you don't want to drive. That's why I have a very hard time believing any of this stuff.

And Phill, you have attorneys, plural? And they have not been able to recover $325.00 for you? I think I would hire new attorneys. All of this sounds too fantastical to be true.

on_your_six has been pressing the attack for a long time without providing any real facts. The thing that really bothers me and got me involved in this is that I have no use for someone who attacks a persons character who is not able to respond in their own defense, kind of like spitting on a corpse. I know on RCG they have a policy that it is OK to attack anyone who is not a member but they have no integrity anyway and I don't think they have that same rule here. Why don't you go find something honorable to do.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Phil Schwartz
My Feedback: (5)

A container arrived this week, with 20 190s, 5 spare cowls, and one set of wings built just for you.
I will send you a set of wings AFTER you remove the trash online and apologize, not before. I see that idiot ******* has been talking to you.
This is not negotiable. So you decide, if the stuff is removed by tomorrow, OK, no problem.
Otherwise, no. A firm no.

Thanks!
Curtis

Guys check this out; this is the response I got from Curtis after my last post. Does this sound reasonable to anybody?.........Phil
Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 AM
on_your_six

As we discovered, we could and were almost ready with the paperwork to file small claims in Maryland. The fraud occurred in Maryland from New York. If you read the thread... MEBABOAT was the defrauded party... he is not internet savy so he asked me to do what I could do. We had Montgomery County Police trying to help us.

After you file and win a small claims suit, you still have to collect. The money does not magically appear. If you will look, it is possible to file a Federal Internet Fraud complaint. The fraud is across state borders. That advice is from an asst. district attorney in Montgomery County MD.

MEBABOAT got the DR-1 Triplane 11months and 5 day after ordering and only after he promised to send the plane if we took this thread down. He did not send it, so the thread went back up.

I have not lied about or embellished anything nor do I need to. The honorable thing to do is to tell people about a business that is not shipping merchandise.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: Phil Schwartz

A container arrived this week, with 20 190s, 5 spare cowls, and one set of wings built just for you.
I will send you a set of wings AFTER you remove the trash online and apologize, not before. I see that idiot **** **** has been talking to you.
This is not negotiable. So you decide, if the stuff is removed by tomorrow, OK, no problem.
Otherwise, no. A firm no.

Thanks!
Curtis

Guys check this out; this is the response I got from Curtis after my last post. Does this sound reasonable to anybody?.........Phil

I can't comment but I have to wonder if you went on a smear campaign within just a couple of days of not getting your wing. That would upset me and I might be reluctant to help you. But, since I don't know what went on between you I really can't say.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:19 AM
topspin

As we discovered, we could and were almost ready with the paperwork to file small claims in Maryland. The fraud occurred in Maryland from New York. If you read the thread... MEBABOAT was the defrauded party... he is not internet savy so he asked me to do what I could do. We had Montgomery County Police trying to help us.

After you file and win a small claims suit, you still have to collect. The money does not magically appear. If you will look, it is possible to file a Federal Internet Fraud complaint. The fraud is across state borders. That advice is from an asst. district attorney in Montgomery County MD.

MEBABOAT got the DR-1 Triplane 11months and 5 day after ordering and only after he promised to send the plane if we took this thread down. He did not send it, so the thread went back up.

I have not lied about or embellished anything nor do I need to. The honorable thing to do is to tell people about a business that is not shipping merchandise.
MEBABOAT got the DR-1 Triplane 11months and 5 day after ordering

So he got it and then he didn't? Which one is it? I also don't by the story about this MEBABOAT asking you to do anything. That fact that he has an RCU user name means he can log on and type just as easily as you can. There is something very fishy about your story and I am finding it harder to believe every time you post.

My guess is that you made this whole story up because I have never seen a post from MEBABOAT on this forum or on RCG. Perhaps you could provide a link to one of his posts regarding this matter. That would help your credibility a lot.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:27 AM
on_your_six

MEBABOAT posted 5 times in this thread... all you have to do is look up his user name. He is a good friend and flying buddy. Yes he finally got the plane after waiting 11 months and 5 days.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:41 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, let's keep the personal insults out of the discussion. If you can't post without insulting those that you don't agree with then maybe you should refrain from posting here. 

And for those that say this issue is in the part and we don't need this thread. All I can say is that Easy Tiger is still in business and as long as they are still dealing with customers this thread will be a current topic and we are going to allow it.

Ken
Old 01-20-2013, 05:31 PM
on_your_six

Tell you what Curtis... just ship the wings and I will not bring this thread up again.

There.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:31 PM
iflyrcjets

Read the stuff on this web site that Curtis has set up.

If this does not convince you about working with this guy, then nothing will.

http://rctruth.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.