Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Toledo is coming up, whats on YOUR shopping List?

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Toledo is coming up, whats on YOUR shopping List?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 05:25 PM
ovationdave
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toledo is coming up, whats on YOUR shopping List?

After being away from RC all last year, I have a LONG list (I will post later) including shopping for a new radio. I am thinking DX8, not sure. I have multiple kits here that I have accumulated that I need motors for, and a LONG list of various parts so I can take my pick for building next fall.

Whats on YOUR list for the show?

~Dave
Old 02-09-2013, 05:31 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Toledo is coming up, whats on YOUR shopping List?

If I go again this year , I am taking NO money again. yep.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:07 PM
ovationdave

I need floats for at least 2 aircraft, so I think I may pick up a set from Plane Fun Floats to save some time. Nicely made, and much quicker! Are there any new products that anyone is wanting to see? There are a few new radio options, need to look over the DX18 too...hmmmmmmmm

~Dave
Old 02-10-2013, 04:06 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Will Ralph even have a booth there? Told me last fall he was taking time off, you better give him a call if you want something specific.

Amazing it's only 2 month away and they don't have a exhibitor list up yet
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 AM
Strat2003
My Feedback: (1)

I'm hoping to find a nice set of carbon fiber wheel pants for my pattern plane. Two seasons of practicing on a grass field have taken their toll on the original glass ones.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:05 AM
bolar
My Feedback: (5)

Fuel!!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:13 PM
ovationdave

Yes the exibitor thing bothers me too, but I am sure it will be up soon, I sent them an e-mail to see if they can tell me when it will be updated. I will have to see if planefunfloats is going to attend, after the earlier post, I guess I was assuming they would be there since i have seen them there in the same place for a few years now. They look like nicely made floats, and the website is still up, so I guess worst case scenario if he doesn't show, I may have to order. Maybe I will give him a call before the show.

~Dave
Old 02-10-2013, 12:51 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Of course RCU will be at The Toledo Show again to cover it as we always do. Last year I was numb at the event because my best friend, Minnflyer, passed away 3 days before we were supposed to cover Toledo together so I really didnt even enjoy being there.  This year will be different for sure.  I plan on looking for deals on a couple gas engines.  I'll see what Hobby People has show pricing on.  Last Year I brought home 4 glow engines from them. So I'll see what they have deals on.  I usually pick up batteries at the show as there are usually good deals on them at the show. The other thing I usually stock up on at the show is Micro Fasteners.  I always take my shopping list and stock up to save on shipping

Thats about it for me.  Hope to see you all at The show

Ken
Old 02-10-2013, 03:17 PM
ovationdave

Sorry to hear that Ken.....I know how hard it is to focus after losing a friend. I had a real hard time when a co-worker passed about a month ago, he was also an ATV'ing buddy of mine, and we had just returned from a great trip to the Hatfield McCoy trails in West Virginia, when 2 weeks later he was cutting down a tree by himself and his wife found him crushed under it when he didn't show up for dinner. Anyway.......

Fasteners is a must, always is, and servo extensions......I have a few gas engines I am looking for. And a couple glow engines too. Also some stuff from Fiberglass specialites (which reminds me I need to call them to make sure they have my stuff at the show, they usually pre-bundle it if they know your coming). I will have to see what gas engines hobby people carry, as I am looking for Gas engines too. I also think I may pick up an ARF from AeroWorks to put my Supertiger 90 in, as well as I need a frame for a stranded G-38 I have sitting here.

I am really hoping someone is carrying the NGH line of engines, I want to check out the 35, it looks nice, and I haven't read anything bad about them yet, it would fit nicely in a Spacewalker II I plan on building next fall.

Hope to see you there! (I always take a Vacation day on Friday and go then....less traffic!)

Dave
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Sometimes I don't know until I get there! It seems like the past few years new dealers show up with interesting little things or wait to see what others will roll out.
Ken, I will miss Mike also with the two of you giving me a hard time. It was sombering last year.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:25 PM
ovationdave

What stinks is that I spend the better part of the last few weeks compiling a nice spreadsheet of everything I needed to pick up. I then researched the prices and found what everything was going for, so I had a good comparison list. Then......my laptop crashed, and I lost the entire file. So, a week and a new laptop later, i have to start the process all over from memory. Figures.......

Dave
Old 02-24-2013, 06:25 PM
rpenfuyf

I am taking NO money again.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:38 AM
ovationdave

Your brave. I have went down there with not to much $ when my finances were tight, and I have been caught wishing I had extra because I came accross something I was looking for for a while, and missed out on a couple of kits that way. Any more though, everyone thinks their stuff is worth a fortune and they are going to retire on their sales at the swap shop. Deals are harder and harder to find.........

~Dave
Old 02-25-2013, 04:57 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Although Micro Fasteners is always on my list, I usually go to see what deals are to be found.

Last year, I got a decent deal on a 55cc gasser, and picked up a nice 4 stroke in the swap shop.

Electro Dynamics always have some neat stuff. Andy and Chris are always willing to help modelers solve their electrical needs.