Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Stolen Biplane

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 02:21 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stolen Biplane

On Tuesday, 8/19/03, a completed, ready to fly, Balsa USA Phaeton 90 biplane was stolen from inside the owner of Modaire Hobbies pick up truck.

The model was equipped with a Zenoah G-26 engine, and JR radio equipment. The receiver was for a 10X radio. The transmitter was not in the truck at the time so it was not stolen.

The plane was covered in a Stitts type fabric in a red and orange starburst pattern on the wings. The fuselage is red top and bottom with a 3" wide yellow band running the length of the fuselage. The cowl was not installed on the plane when it was stolen, so it will be missing should someone try to sell this plane. It has wire landing gear, recently repaired at the gear cross brace.

If you are in the Northern California area and come across an older biplane that fits this description and someone unfamiliar is trying to sell it, please contact Charlie Spencer at Modarie Hobbies in Manteca, CA. His phone number is 209-824-9330. He can also be reached by e-mail at [email protected].

We don't have much hope for recovery of the plane or it's parts, but with any luck, the thief will not be able to fly it at any of the area fields.

Thanks to all,
Silversurfer
Old 08-21-2003, 02:52 AM
Joe Ortiz
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Biplane

Sorry for the loss, some pictures would help.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:02 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stolen Biplane

No pictures have evr been taken of the plane. It used to be mine and I made the description from memory. It was last flown this past Sunday at the Delta Flyers site in Stockton, CA.

Silversurfer