Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby King~No Answer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 11:58 AM
krashkart
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby King~No Answer?

Has anyone ever had an answer to the phone number they poston the Hobby Kingwebsite for the US?
I have tried calling it several times and it rings a bunch and then just gets like a bad circuit sound.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:24 PM
topspin

Default RE: Hobby King~No Answer?

It doesn't work, I don't know why they have it up on their website. It's really a form of false advertising.

The only way you can contact them is via their webchat help service. They usually are not much help but they will tell you how sorry they are for your inconvenience. While I know that doesn't help it does make you feel loved....
Old 10-27-2011, 01:45 PM
krashkart

Yes well there support forum is not answering either, or at least is delaying answering.
I ordered some items that are out of stock from the US warehouse.
They charged me for them anyway and I am just trying to cancel the order.
They seem to be ignoring me so far.
I also sent them a message that the number does not work.
No answer for that support complaint either of course.
I have filed a dispute on the CC for the charges already.
I am thinking I am through doing business with them.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:43 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Krashkart ,

If you do enough reading around the forums , you'll eventually come to the conclusion that ordering from HK is one of the biggest mistakes in the purchase of RC supplies . Execpt for a few well paid shills over at the rc drama forum , it sure seems that ANYONE who does business with them long enough finally does get burned , and ends up here with a tale of woe .... Everyone at my RC field knows the score with HK , and we advise all newcomers to steer clear . No working phone ? Non existant customer service ? Photos of your credit card required for purchase ? ....... Thats three big strikes , and theyre OUT !!!

Friends dont let friends Hobbyking

Yea , Really ...........
Old 10-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Bill Vargas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Hi Krashkart ,

If you do enough reading around the forums , you'll eventually come to the conclusion that ordering from HK is one of the biggest mistakes in the purchase of RC supplies . Execpt for a few well paid shills over at the rc drama forum , it sure seems that ANYONE who does business with them long enough finally does get burned , and ends up here with a tale of woe .... Everyone at my RC field knows the score with HK , and we advise all newcomers to steer clear . No working phone ? Non existant customer service ? Photos of your credit card required for purchase ? ....... Thats three big strikes , and theyre OUT !!!

Yea , Really ...........

All the more reason to buy your stuff here in the states

BV
Old 10-27-2011, 03:32 PM
krashkart

I bought it from the US warehouse.
And if you don't think that most of the companies you are doing business with in this hobby are not headquartered overseas you may have to think again.
At least for purchases they have to abide by our rules, and I have already disputed the charges on my CC.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:37 PM
skyblue

Yea they should at least thank you for order.Next time buy your stuff from a honest company.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:41 PM
krashkart

Not recently, but in the past I bought a number of items from them without a problem.
Apparently they have changed.
No big deal, I know how to handle the problem and have done so. I know quite a bit about the law.
Lessons learned and they are off my list for a supplier.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:57 PM
topspin

They will hold on to your money as long as possible to squeeze every cent of interest out of it they can get. Even if you wind up cancelling they still make money on you. That is an insulting way to treat a customer but they don't care, that's why people are giving up on them.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:47 AM
krashkart

You may be right about hanging on to the money.
But in this case they won't make much as my bank has already reversed the charges on the card.
They did that within 24 hours after I called them and told them I was trying to cancel and not getting a response and that the product was not in stock and yet they had charged me.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:07 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have ordered several things from them... I never order things that are not in stock. I use the notify feature and wait for things to come into stock.

For the savings on batteries... I think they are well worth the wait. The Nano Tech batteries are awesome.

I have never had a problem... for 2 years or so now.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:07 AM
krashkart

I guess I did business with them a couple years ago but then I got away from the hobby.
This is the first problem I have had with them.
I thought the chargers I wanted were in stock, but got a notice saying they were not after I ordered them.
I checked back and it did show the US warehouse out of stock.
I did not really want to wait for them and I did not like the idea that they charged my CC for something they don't have and cannot ship.
I also did not like the fact that you can pull up your order but there is no provision to cancel it whatsoever.
The phone number does not work and they know it, they acknowledged from Customer Support that it has not worked for months.
Yet I email customer service I want the order canceled and they have not done that yet?
My order is still pending.
I am betting they will cancel it quickly when they find out that the funds were reversed on the CC.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:12 AM
topspin

I have read countless posts where someone ordered items that were clearly shown as in stock when they ordered them and then went out of stock while HK was more busy getting the money than processing the order. They only want your money and once they have it they don't have any time for you.

Quote; init4fun,

Yea , Really ...........
No they don't...
Old 10-28-2011, 08:19 AM
krashkart

Well at this point it does not matter what they do as the CC charges are now reversed and they have an order which so far they have not canceled but they have no money.
So if they send me the order does that mean I get to keep it?

Sorry Hobby City~~we are done.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:44 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

According to the Better Business Bureau Hobby King USA has been out of business for a while. But then it is also known as Hobby City and there is one of those in Orange County.

From those I have talked with as long as 1) you don't specify USA warehouse and 2) you don't order out of stock parts you do not typically have a problem.

Thanks,
Bob

ps: There are those who bad mouth anything that is not made by American union slugs.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:55 AM
krashkart

Go to their websitehttp://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/index.rc and select lipo batteries for instance. You can then show all available or those in stock in the US by clicking the US Flag.
And I ordered some LiPos from there just after I made the order for the chargers and they shipped them promptly and I already had them, delivered from the US warehouse.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

I have always had excellent service from Hobby King. Most of the stuff I order is through their China Warehouse. I always order "in stock" items. The order is processed within two days and shipped. I get it about a week later. Good quality stuff too. Even the electronics and electric landing gear. I save a bunch of money by buying through them.

Like any other company, Hobby King relies on their suppliers to keep things in stock. So, it's not really the fault of Hobby King when something is out of stock for a long time. I've seen Tower Hobbies and Horizon out of stock for months on many times. You either wait, or cancel the order. I never had to use the Hobby King US phone numbers. But I did get excellent service through their online chat with customer service when I had a question about an order.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

I have always had excellent service from Hobby King. Most of the stuff I order is through their China Warehouse. I always order "in stock" items. The order is processed within two days and shipped. I get it about a week later. Good quality stuff too. Even the electronics and electric landing gear. I save a bunch of money by buying through them.

Like any other company, Hobby King relies on their suppliers to keep things in stock. So, it's not really the fault of Hobby King when something is out of stock for a long time. I've seen Tower Hobbies and Horizon out of stock for months on many times. You either wait, or cancel the order. I never had to use the Hobby King US phone numbers. But I did get excellent service through their online chat with customer service when I had a question about an order.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:37 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

[:@] Of course , what all the people who happily chirp in on all these "HK done me wrong" threads are missing , IS , , , , , That the people who were ripped off care not wether youve had 1 or 100 orders that went ok , THEIR order got messed up , and they have every right to complain about it !!!!!!

Yea , the 15.4 billion OTHER people Jeffery Dahmer didnt kill may or may not think hes a monster , but I'll bet the 22 he DID kill probablly didnt think too highly of him !!!!!!!

Sad to see , that for some , , , , Cheap rc parts mean more than siding with fellow RCers who got a raw deal ........ Enjoy your cut priced trinkets , , the next one ripped off may very well be YOU !!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:06 AM
topspin

Yeah I just love the "I got such good service through their online chat when I had a simple a question". Just wait until you have a problem and then tell us how great the online chat is. Like init4fun said, the people who have been ripped off by Hobby King had good service too, until they had a problem.

They don't care how many wonderful experiences you have had, that's like telling someone with cancer " Well, I don't know what you're complaining about, I don't have cancer". Of course no one outside the fence at St. Elizabeths would do that yet telling an irate customer who just had a crummy experience how swell all of yours are because of yada yada yada is really quite an insult.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:05 PM
flyinucrazy
My Feedback: (107)

It took me 60 days to get a refund on a plane damaged by post office. Finally had to get credit card company to take action.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:14 PM
krashkart

Exactly.
And that is what more people need to learn to do. It's easy, just call your customer service number on the back of the card.
Sometimes depending on the company they send you a form to fill out, mine does not.
They record what I tell them and give the company time to respond. If they don't respond or the explanation is not right they credit your account.
It's not hard to do at all.
And in this case as they charged for items they don't have and cannot ship it's pretty easy.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Greenfuelboy
My Feedback: (60)

I do not work there and do not know the hours people answer the phone. I had a order problem, I was waiting for a out of stock item for about two months from an order I made. The guy's that order out of stock items get the orders filled first. I have waited for a couple of weeks on other orders for stuff I needed and was in no hurry. This was the longest time I ever had to wait so I decided to change my order. It is a no brainer they are in a different time zone than the US. I looked online to see when 11:00am would be in China online. I waited until then and called them in China via the 1-800 number on a Wednesday. I was put on hold for about four minutes and spoke with a really nice woman who changed my order. I had a large order I think I ordered $800 dollars of stuff, I had ordered two speed controllers that were 40 amp controllers that were out of stock and holding up my order. I asked them to just change them to a different brand and the other ones were cheaper by about fifty cents. They credited my account for the difference. The order was confirmed over the phone. I got an email the next day saying shipped. It usually takes me about 12 days once the order is confirmed shipped with EMS shipping to receive my order from China. The cheaper shipping takes forever to get to me. I would just wait until after 1:00am US. time and try calling the toll free number to the warehouse in China. All I can say I have not had a serious problem with them yet. I have only received one bad battery out of ten large orders made. Got great stuff on my smaller orders too. Just remember if it is really cheap it probably is. I do not buy the cheapest thing I see either.

Thank you
GFB
Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

I have bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Hobby King, not one problem. I know I won't get any customer service, if I don't like what they send me, I eat it. If it is broke, too bad. If I want customer service I buy from Tower or Horizon and pay 2 or 3 times as much for that "Customer Service". You might try calling them around 2:00-3:00 am, as that is when they are open for business...
Old 10-28-2011, 12:59 PM
krashkart

That US phone number does not work, and that's not only from me but from Hobby King.
They said it has not worked for months.
No reason stated by them in their reply, but it does not work.

I did find it interesting that they could reply to my complaint about the phone not working and have not acted on the cancellation of the order that I sent to them before that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.