Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby King~No Answer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Wildman62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby King~No Answer?

Not to change the subject, has anyone ordered anything from EasyTiger in NY? I ordered a C-17 from them back in Feb 2011 and still haven't received it, called several times no answer, e-mailed them several times no reply.

I tried the BBB in New York they sent paper work to them no reply, they said if they don't reply there is nothing they can do.
tried canceling it on my credit I was to late, so they have $437.00 of my money no airplane.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Malydilnar
My Feedback: (1)

Excuse my language but **** hobbyking. I ordered their F3P genesis last week from their USA warehouse and it didn't arrive anytime this last week.( I live in Seattle area so it should of arrived a couple days after I placed my order). So earlier this day I check out the progress on my order, and I find out that its on back order, even though when i bought it it showed a +10 in stock. I am very dissapointed in hobbyking, as I was really looking foreward to build and fly it this weekend. Oh, and they won't give me my money back. Im deffinitivly done with Hobbyking.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:41 PM
krashkart
My Feedback: (5)

If the order was on a credit card dispute it.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Deadstick101

I tried to contact Hobby King about a high end purchase of a radial engine and never got a response. I wouldn't buy from them.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:30 PM
rgoldy

Up until today, I had decent luck with H/K-after today they can get screwed. Ordered stuff about 3 wks ago and it normally takes 2 weeks. Checked on it today and my payment hadn't been applied to the order (funny-they sent me a confirming and it is on my charge card). Now that that is resolved, they don't have stock on 2 of the 3 items. "Sorry for your inconvenience..." Ain't getting any warmer out there people...!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:33 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, but I don't think you have enough damning evidence to make that conclusion. A large business in Hong Kong, several time zones different (+/-14) did not respond to you... did you try when they are likely working?

Every correspondence does not always get answered by low paid workers... now if you said you had tried to e-mail them every other day for two weeks, or lost an order, maybe you have a complaint.

When you buy from HobbyKing, you are buying on price... not quality... High End Radial?? I don't think so.

ORIGINAL: Deadstick101

I tried to contact Hobby King about a high end purchase of a radial engine and never got a response. I wouldn't buy from them.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

ORIGINAL: init4fun

[:@] Of course , what all the people who happily chirp in on all these ''HK done me wrong'' threads are missing , IS , , , , , That the people who were ripped off care not wether youve had 1 or 100 orders that went ok , THEIR order got messed up , and they have every right to complain about it !!!!!!

Yea , the 15.4 billion OTHER people Jeffery Dahmer didnt kill may or may not think hes a monster , but I'll bet the 22 he DID kill probablly didnt think too highly of him !!!!!!!

Sad to see , that for some , , , , Cheap rc parts mean more than siding with fellow RCers who got a raw deal ........ Enjoy your cut priced trinkets , , the next one ripped off may very well be YOU !!!!
Oh, so you don't like it when someone has a different point of view or different experience than you, huh? If all you wanted was a lynch mob to chime in and hang Hobby King, why didn't you say so!

Some people are just out to bash Hobby King because they are a China company, and then try to get others to avoid HK. Many people have malice intent. If you have a gripe with Hobby King, then settle it. Allow others to express their point of view and experience. Every company screws up. And it's not always the fault of the company ... it's their employees that mess up.

Besides, it's a business practice that certain procedures need to be followed before issuing a refund. So, 30 or 60 days is what it takes sometimes. Delays happen. Do you really think any company is only in business to screw it's customers? You are dealing with a company in China that is in a different time zone.

The Hobby King US warehouse has thousands of orders each day. It takes them time to sort through things. Besides that, you are dealing with people in California where pot is legal. Besides that, I've been to California, the employment pool is not too bright there. So, you are dealing with Americans .... California Americans.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Airplanes400

ORIGINAL: rgoldy

Up until today, I had decent luck with H/K-after today they can get screwed. Ordered stuff about 3 wks ago and it normally takes 2 weeks. Checked on it today and my payment hadn't been applied to the order (funny-they sent me a confirming and it is on my charge card). Now that that is resolved, they don't have stock on 2 of the 3 items. ''Sorry for your inconvenience...'' Ain't getting any warmer out there people...!
Well, what do you expect them to do? Offer you free items for life and a back rub? There is nothing they can do when they don't have the item in stock. Besides, obviously something wrong happened when you put the order in. That happens with e-commerce sometimes. You should have checked on the status of the order sooner.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Greenfuelboy
My Feedback: (60)

The HobbyKing USA warehouse is located here. I ordered two lipo battery's at 1:00am on OCT 19 and received them on Oct 21 at 3:00pm. I am in Oregon, I used USPS 3 to 5 day as shipping option. I can not complain.

USA service center addressHobbyking USA LLC
10011 Bridgeport Way SW
STE 1500 PMB 312
Lakewood, WA 98499
United States
Old 10-28-2011, 06:04 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

[:@] Of course , what all the people who happily chirp in on all these ''HK done me wrong'' threads are missing , IS , , , , , That the people who were ripped off care not wether youve had 1 or 100 orders that went ok , THEIR order got messed up , and they have every right to complain about it !!!!!!

Yea , the 15.4 billion OTHER people Jeffery Dahmer didnt kill may or may not think hes a monster , but I'll bet the 22 he DID kill probablly didnt think too highly of him !!!!!!!

Sad to see , that for some , , , , Cheap rc parts mean more than siding with fellow RCers who got a raw deal ........ Enjoy your cut priced trinkets , , the next one ripped off may very well be YOU !!!!
Oh, so you don't like it when someone has a different point of view or different experience than you, huh? If all you wanted was a lynch mob to chime in and hang Hobby King, why didn't you say so!

Some people are just out to bash Hobby King because they are a China company, and then try to get others to avoid HK. Many people have malice intent. If you have a gripe with Hobby King, then settle it. Allow others to express their point of view and experience. Every company screws up. And it's not always the fault of the company ... it's their employees that mess up.

Besides, it's a business practice that certain procedures need to be followed before issuing a refund. So, 30 or 60 days is what it takes sometimes. Delays happen. Do you really think any company is only in business to screw it's customers? You are dealing with a company in China that is in a different time zone.

The Hobby King US warehouse has thousands of orders each day. It takes them time to sort through things. Besides that, you are dealing with people in California where pot is legal. Besides that, I've been to California, the employment pool is not too bright there. So, you are dealing with Americans .... California Americans.
[:@] Gee , , Im sure all the folks who've been ripped off by this second rate business will be REAL happy to know YOU are just head over heels for poor service , shady doings in the form of fudged customs declarations , and an attitude of "your getting it cheap , , so shut up and take what you get" ...... Yep , a real asset to your fellow RCers .............
Old 10-28-2011, 06:32 PM
flyinwalenda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

I have bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from Hobby King, not one problem. I know I won't get any customer service, if I don't like what they send me, I eat it. If it is broke, too bad. If I want customer service I buy from Tower or Horizon and pay 2 or 3 times as much for that ''Customer Service''. You might try calling them around 2:00-3:00 am, as that is when they are open for business...
This is the camp I'm in as well. I don't spend more than I'm willing to loose and I don't expect much more than hopefully getting what I paid for. If i get it and everything's good...bonus. If some things are broke oh well , I know I'm not spending as much or more than they are worth to send them back. If I got nothing I would be upset but it's not like I didn't prepare myself for it.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:44 PM
RCER88
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been buying from HK for over three years now and have well over fifty orders. Not a single one was screwed up.

HK International processes hundreds of orders a day. Mistakes happen.

I have had defective items I returned under warranty and followed their instructions exactly. Guess what it works. I got a replacement or credit to my account. It takes time because in many cases warranty items go back to the manufacturer. Patience is what is needed.

I have ordered one thing from the US warehouse. I got that item in ten days from the date I ordered it. I paid 1 penny shipping on it. It arrived in perfect condition. It was over $150.00

International orders will take up to three weeks. I always order stuff to "restock" or need for another airplane well in advance. I don't freak out. In many cases it is the mail not HK. If I am really in a hurry I use UPS three day. Placed orders on Thursday and had it on Monday. 3 days.

I placed an order last night about 1am Thursday EST that is 1pm Friday at HK. I went to bed and when I woke up the order was processed and a tracking number issued. So it is on the dock waiting to go to the PO.

If you order a BO item then expect to wait. HK is at mercy of the manufacturers. SO if they don't get the items right away from the manufacturer they can not fill the order.

They do things differently and if you understand that you can get anything done with HK. If you go to the HK forums they have a location for people to log order problems. CS staff checks that regularly and you will receive an answer.

Before you start bashing me I do NOT work for HK BUT I do read the website. I follow the directions they list and make sure I order in stock items. I make sure the payment is received by HK.

In summary if you are of the mentality you need right now and you expect to call and raise hell spend your money elsewhere because you will get frustrated. However if you are patient and only order in stock items 10+ you will get your items.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:53 PM
topspin

The Hobby King USA Warehouse is a UPS store. You and I could look through it in ten minutes. Also, it's in Lakewood, Washington not California. Don't know where you got that from.

Lastly, yes, we would like to organize a lynch mob if it's all the same to you.

Buying from Hobby King is like petting a snake. The snake doesn't love you and eventually you will get bit. Want low prices? There are a dozen other Chinese vendors with the same of better prices than Hobby King and they treat you better.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:12 AM
rgoldy

I really could care less where H/K is. Face it, 95+% of all this stuff comes from China anyway so it boils down to who SERVICES their customers the best. I understand mistakes happen-I am OK with that. Not correcting the problem and making it right with the customer is inexcusable. Are you going to do business with the dealer that says "Sorry your new car doesn't work-I'll have to hang on to it for a month until the part comes in" or the one that says "Here is a free loaner until your part comes in." The parts I ordered were in stock when I ordered them-they screwed up the order and now they are not in stock (it is not my job as a customer to monitor their internal processing system). Yes, I expect the same or better parts to be air shipped to me-that is your "punishment" for screwing up.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:49 AM
Airplanes400

Hobby King is only based in China. This is for business purposes. The owner is British or Australian. So, in reality, you are not dealing with a Chinese company. The owner is also an R/C hobbiest ... just like we are. He employs people throughout the world. Hobby King is much bigger than Tower Hobbies. Hobby King also supplies many of the same products that Tower does, just at half the price.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:57 AM
Airplanes400

ORIGINAL: topspin

The Hobby King USA Warehouse is a UPS store. You and I could look through it in ten minutes. Also, it's in Lakewood, Washington not California. Don't know where you got that from.

Buying from Hobby King is like petting a snake. The snake doesn't love you and eventually you will get bit. Want low prices? There are a dozen other Chinese vendors with the same of better prices than Hobby King and they treat you better.
What a pack of lies you can make up! HK is not a UPS store. If you're going to lie, at least try to do better than that.

When a company doesn't have the item in stock, you can't expect them to send it to you. So, the best they can do is apologize for your inconvenience. Don't you think they are inconvenienced too? It's a real hassle to deal with back orders, and costly too. What would you like them to do, give you phone sex? You are as unreasonable as a six year old who wants to be a grandma's house in 2 minutes when you are more than 50 miles away.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:14 AM
mike31
My Feedback: (67)

My thoughts are not directed at any one person but, as I am approaching 65 years of age I find what my father told me years ago "the long way home is the short way home". Spend your hard earned money with American companies. May cost more but at least you can depend on service more then the overseas companies even if they have a US store front. At least they will answer the phone or your emails. China can keep most of their stuff as far as I am concerned.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:23 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

The Hobby King USA Warehouse is a UPS store
Looks like the UPS store address is where they process returns, looks like the out going products come and go from 9822 47TH AVE SW LAKEWOOD WA

Not hard to understand, a warehouse isn't going to process returns or mail, etc. Seperate service center personal need to recieve and inspect what comes in to decide what to do with the items next.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:23 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

What a pack of lies you can make up! HK is not a UPS store. If you're going to lie, at least try to do better than that.

When a company doesn't have the item in stock, you can't expect them to send it to you. So, the best they can do is apologize for your inconvenience. Don't you think they are inconvenienced too? It's a real hassle to deal with back orders, and costly too. What would you like them to do, give you phone sex? You are as unreasonable as a six year old who wants to be a grandma's house in 2 minutes when you are more than 50 miles away.
[:@] Congrats , , you have just made the most insulting , disgusting post of the thread . Really ???? Phone sex ????? ........ Look , kid , your kind of attacking other posters ISNT welcome here , we're having a discussion about some lousy second rate chinese drop shipper , AND NOT ABOUT YOUR FELLOW POSTERS !!!!! ...... How adult of you to attack the messenger , instead of the message . I'd report your post , but your not worth the bother , , , oh , and if you want to heap praise on the two bit peddler known this week as hobbyking , why dont you take it to rc goofs with all the other like minded shills over there .

Hobbyscam is bigger than tower ???? REALLY ?????? ......... Look , little boy , , go get your facts straight BEFORE you come here spouting your bs , , let me guess , theyre bigger than Horizon , too ?????

Your a real credit to your hobby , , , , the hobby of shilling for a bunch of loosers named hobbyking ...... just dont you DARE to come here complaining when they finally screw you on an order , cause I'll be here to throw this thread in your face .

And btw , if you do some reading over at the site where you belong , you'll find that a member actually went to HK's listed address , AND YES , IT WAS A UPS STORE !!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2011, 06:51 AM
rgoldy

You're absolutely right, I cannot expect them to ship what they don't have. OK, since you do not have checks in place that would monitor paid for orders not being processed, I do expect you to send the 3000mA battery instead of the 2650 at the same price and with express shipping. I have been on this 50 mile trip now for 4 hours (that I prepaid for) and we are not there yet. I (as a 6 yr old) have a right to be a little irritable. No phone sex needed (too tired for that), but a cookie and some juice would be welcomed.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:33 AM
bigstick60
My Feedback: (3)

gentlemen please, why do we continue to beat this dead horse? i see it over and over, with a little search on r/c forums before you buy from any vendor you can find out if there is!! a potential problem and then decide!! if i have never had dealings with a vendor that is what i do. ask questions, there is more than enough pros and cons info on this vendor and others to go around. i would like to see a true scientific survey comparing the % of unsatisfied customers to the satisfied ones. until that time it is just a he said she said. there is always 2 sides to every story. do your homework it will be worth your while. as for me in all the times i have ordered r/c parts i have never had a problem from any vendor including hobby king. am i just lucky, i don't think so,do the homework-. one more thing, opinions are like ******** everyone has one so take everything with a grain of salt
Old 10-29-2011, 08:13 AM
topspin

As for the so called USA warehouse and accusing me of lying; I have a friend who lives near Seattle. He drove to both Lakewood addresses and was unable to find anything that even looked like a warehouse. One address is a UPS store and the other is used clothing shop that ships donations to the third world.

As for the rest of your rant, please save it for another forum, we are adults on this one and it really doesn't make any sense anyway.

Hobby King is only based in China. This is for business purposes. The owner is British or Australian. So, in reality, you are not dealing with a Chinese company. The owner is also an R/C hobbiest ... just like we are. He employs people throughout the world. Hobby King is much bigger than Tower Hobbies. Hobby King also supplies many of the same products that Tower does, just at half the price.
It doesn't matter if the owner is Australian, Hobby King is a Chinese company and you are dealing with one when you place an oder with them. Most, not all, but most of what Hobby King sells is much lower quality than the products you will find at Tower. Tower limits their stock to quality items that have a low failure rate. This is because unlike HK who will stiff you in a second if you have a problem, Tower provides real live customer service and will replace defective items. By going with quality they insure that they don't have to replace a lot of defective junk.

Oh, and just to stay on topic, Tower has a phone that actually works.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Airplanes400

[:@] Congrats , , you have just made the most insulting , disgusting post of the thread . Really ???? Phone sex ????? ........ Look , kid , your kind of attacking other posters ISNT welcome here , we're having a discussion about some lousy second rate chinese drop shipper , AND NOT ABOUT YOUR FELLOW POSTERS !!!!! ...... How adult of you to attack the messenger , instead of the message . I'd report your post , but your not worth the bother , , , oh , and if you want to heap praise on the two bit peddler known this week as hobbyking , why dont you take it to rc goofs with all the other like minded shills over there .

Hobbyscam is bigger than tower ???? REALLY ?????? ......... Look , little boy , , go get your facts straight BEFORE you come here spouting your bs , , let me guess , theyre bigger than Horizon , too ?????

Your a real credit to your hobby , , , , the hobby of shilling for a bunch of loosers named hobbyking ...... just dont you DARE to come here complaining when they finally screw you on an order , cause I'll be here to throw this thread in your face .

And btw , if you do some reading over at the site where you belong , you'll find that a member actually went to HK's listed address , AND YES , IT WAS A UPS STORE !!!!!!!
Um, pardon me. But you were the first to go on the attack when I didn't agree with you. I only stated that I had great experiences with Hobby King. And for that you attack me? And now you insult me by calling me, a little boy! Really!?? I'm not the one attacking other posters, you are. You have one slightly bad experience with Hobby King and you want to form a lynch mob. You really need to lighten up. You're going to give yourself a stroke.

Buy direct from China and cut out the "American" company (middle-man) that is also buying direct from China and marking up the same product. If American companies can buy from China and sell the same products in the USA, then I can buy from China and save myself a bunch of money. No matter how you slice it, China still gets the money.

And BTW, I just bought several items from Hobby King for $20 each. I see the exact same items (and brand) on Tower Hobbies website for $45 each, while two other US suppliers sell the same items (and brand) for $70 each. My shipping charge from China was just $6.99 and the items arrived within 10 days of my placing the order.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:33 AM
topspin

Um, pardon me. But you were the first to go on the attack when I didn't agree with you. I only stated that I had great experiences with Hobby King. And for that you attack me? And now you insult me by calling me, a little boy! Really!?? I'm not the one attacking other posters, you are. You have one slightly bad experience with Hobby King and you want to form a lynch mob. You really need to lighten up. You're going to give yourself a stroke.

Buy direct from China and cut out the ''American'' company (middle-man) that is also buying direct from China and marking up the same product. If American companies can buy from China and sell the same products in the USA, then I can buy from China and save myself a bunch of money. No matter how you slice it, China still gets the money.

Right, buy a cheap piece of junk from China and insure that an American goes without a job.

Look, this thread is about the fact that Hobby King has no phone and their online chat is not reliable. Those of us who have had issues with them understand that all too well. They are a greedy bunch who have no regard for the customers, they only want their money. If they were legit they would have a sign on their warehouse and a US phone number that works.

And just for the record, on the 21st of Sep I called that number six times between 10 PM and midnight Eastern Time. That's 10 AM to noon in Hong Kong. The phone rang until it timed out and clicked off every single time. I have also tried to call it during normal Pacific Time business hours and the result is the same, no one ever answers that phone.

So answer this for us, why if the phone number right on the front of Hobby Kings webpage doesn't work is it still on the page? Why is it there and why don't they remove it?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:06 AM
dwaynenancy
My Feedback: (62)

PAYPAL will solve all your problems. They will get your money back if you want to cancel an order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.