Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Wish list for RC technology improvements

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Wish list for RC technology improvements

Old 11-18-2011, 06:20 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Wish list for RC technology improvements

The thread about being disappointed by advancement in RC equipment just got me thinking, what, if anything, do we really want that we don't currently have? Anyone care to share?

I'll start. I'd love to see a simple alternative to plastic coverings, maybe a spray on product that adds strength to a sheeted surface like Monokote does but has no seams or wrinkles when you're done.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:50 AM
warningshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wish list for RC technology improvements

ORIGINAL: jester_s1

The thread about being disappointed by advancement in RC equipment just got me thinking, what, if anything, do we really want that we don't currently have? Anyone care to share?

I'll start. I'd love to see a simple alternative to plastic coverings, maybe a spray on product that adds strength to a sheeted surface like Monokote does but has no seams or wrinkles when you're done.
I wish for an unlimited supply of money to buy all the goodies that I do not need. I want to fly my airplanes, not hold a box that flies it for me.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Wayne Miller

Sorry I had a double post - when I went to post, the screen went blank for a long time so I went back, resubmitted and found it had already posted - see actual post below.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:00 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi,

I once read where someone would like automatic trim centering.

The way it would work, is that one would fly the plane, trim it out while flying and then after landing, go to the "trim centering" function and activate it. The place where each servo was after trimming, would then become the new transmitter trim center.

After doing this with all your planes, it would be easy to know where your trims should be set for flying - you would be able to set all trims to center before flying.

I hope this is the type of thing you were looking for.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 11-18-2011, 08:38 AM
cutaway

Trims "centered" as you describe will have funky geometry causing differential response.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:32 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: warningshot

ORIGINAL: jester_s1

I wish for an unlimited supply of money to buy all the goodies that I do not need. I want to fly my airplanes, not hold a box that flies it for me.

Me too. Lets share lottery tickets...
Old 11-18-2011, 11:50 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller

Hi,

I once read where someone would like automatic trim centering.

The way it would work, is that one would fly the plane, trim it out while flying and then after landing, go to the ''trim centering'' function and activate it. The place where each servo was after trimming, would then become the new transmitter trim center.

After doing this with all your planes, it would be easy to know where your trims should be set for flying - you would be able to set all trims to center before flying.

I hope this is the type of thing you were looking for.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Transmitters with digital trims already do that, my super 7 did that with slide trims 15 years ago, what am I missing here?