Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Is there a vendor forum?

Old 11-23-2011, 05:45 AM
snoozer
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a vendor forum?

I have an issue with Hobby King and I'd like to post the details and complain about Hobby Kings handling of the issue including refusal to issue a refund. Is there a vendor support forum I can post to or should I post the problem in the Clubhouse Forum?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:09 AM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: Is there a vendor forum?

Tell me it's not so !!!! Hobby King involved in another questionable practice !!!!! Jeesh, guys, when are you EVER gonna learn ?????? ALL the negative posts on these outfits & ya STILL buy from them !!! I used to be very simpathetic about you guys getting "ripped off". Ya might have to pay more when you buy "state side" but when something goes wrong the seller is about 6,000 miles closer. Do ya really think that an outfit in China or Hong Kong care what is posted or said "over here?" They coul;d give a "rat's patuit." The only way they will EVER straighten out is if we STOP buying from them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we give "our state side" vendors a chance they will give you a lot better service & the prices will come down also. It will ALSO help give OUR economy a boost !!!! Isn't THAT a quaint idea!!!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:41 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

I bet you saved a lot of money.

There's plenty of HobbyKing horror story threads. Pick one.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: snoozer

I have an issue with Hobby King and I'd like to post the details and complain about Hobby Kings handling of the issue including refusal to issue a refund. Is there a vendor support forum I can post to or should I post the problem in the Clubhouse Forum?

Thanks for any assistance.
No, there's no forum like that.

Search for Hobby King problems, you'll see a ton of posts. Apparently it's all right to make those posts, so you can make one like all the others. They show up in the clubhouse and elsewhere.

If you learn how to get satisfaction from Hobby King, make another post and tell everyone how.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 11-23-2011, 03:55 PM
snoozer

Thanks for the response Dave. I wanted to post my issue in the appropriate forum, so it sound like Clubhouse it will be.

It seems the first 2 responders were more interested in enjoying my possible loss than in giving a proper response.
They also no doubt chuckle when they see a foreclosure sign go up on someone's house.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:43 PM
pdm52956

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems the first 2 responders were more interested in enjoying my possible loss than in giving a proper response.
They also no doubt chuckle when they see a foreclosure sign go up on someone's house.
Just my .01 here but I'm not sure that's all that fair........regardless of their reponses.

I've seen people walk into my LHS just to touch and feel before they turn around and go buy from cut rate, bottom dollar places such as the one you're refering to. Once they get ripped off, and eventually they will, they want to gripe about it on some forum so everyone feels their pain.

Is that what's going on here? I don't know but a little research before making a purchase from oversees goes a long way. There are tons of horror stories, poor me stories and in the mix are probably some genuine complaints.

So, good luck with your attempt to straighten whatever your issue is with them. Oh, and I mean that, it's wasn't meant sarcasticly. By the way, I don't have much of a LHS anymore because of dwindling support from the modeling community. It may be made in China, but you can get better service when it's sold in the US.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:55 PM
outdoorhunting

NOT AT ALL !! I hate to see anybody get ripped off like that. It's just if ya don't do research BEFORE you buy or see ALL these negative posts about these outfits, & THEN STILL buy from them, I can't honestly feel too bad for ya. If you see a 200 dollar plane for 50 bucks you can be pretty sure " something ain't right !! If the outfit sends an inferior product, don't complain to us !! I'll stop there & not say anything else !!!! I really do hope you get the problem solved. Good Luck
Old 11-25-2011, 07:27 AM
rcmiket

The thing that gets me is people post vendor issues in here forums like we can fix it. There is absolutely nothing any of us can do to resolve the problem. If there's a issue get with PayPal or you CC company. Have them deal with it. Sure posting the details here might keep someone else some grief but that's about all it will do. Hope you get your issue worked out.
Mike
Old 11-25-2011, 04:54 PM
outdoorhunting

I don't know how, but no matter HOW MANY post are put up here, some people buy anyway. I just don't understand... And then they complain. It's kinda like, Bob Ingvall,"Here's your sign!!"
Old 11-26-2011, 05:41 AM
rcmiket

The other side there are thousands of transactions that go with out a hitch. Personally I have more trouble with my LHS than my online orders. As far as HK goes over 50 with no issues at all. I never order planes just batteries and electronics. I always use the USA warehouse. They are by no means perfect but save me money on certain items.
Mike
Old 11-26-2011, 05:45 AM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

I don't know how, but no matter HOW MANY post are put up here, some people buy anyway. I just don't understand... And then they complain. It's kinda like, Bob Ingvall,''Here's your sign!!''
It's Bill Ingvall
Old 11-26-2011, 08:42 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcmiket

The thing that gets me is people post vendor issues in here forums like we can fix it. There is absolutely nothing any of us can do to resolve the problem. If there's a issue get with PayPal or you CC company. Have them deal with it. Sure posting the details here might keep someone else some grief but that's about all it will do. Hope you get your issue worked out.
Mike
No Mike , I think youve got it somewhat wrong . Most people I see who post their negative experiences with hk seem to be doing exactly what the second part of your statement says , , Namely warning other modelers with the good sense to listen to stay far away from the cheap junk peddler , but I've never seen anyone post looking for a specfic resolution from crap king here . After all , as everyone knows , they wont even answer their OWN telephone number , why in the heck would they come here to try to help a customer that they wronged ????
Old 11-26-2011, 11:37 AM
carrellh

snoozer,
HobbyKing does not have a support forum on RCU, so they are unlikely to see anything you post. I am making an assumption, but I do not think HobbyKing cares what is written about them.

There are dozens of threads from people who have had bad experiences with them. In those threads are posts from people who have not had issues, or they say they got quick and easy resolutions to their issues.

Do I think the people who say they got good servicey are shills for HK? No
Do I think all of the people who have problems with HK are doing something wrong? No

If you want to share your experience with others, posting in this forum is as good as any other. Every negative post about HK gets the "you should have known better" replies. I know you've been on RCU for 8 years but that does not mean you read the forums daily.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:45 PM
snoozer

I guess it's time for me to clarify what my issue is with Hobby King. But first I'd like to respond to some of the criticisms that have been posted.
1 - i did not receive any junk product from HK.
2 - I do support my LHS even when it costs me more.
3 - I too have had many successful transactions with HK, though I mainly purchase motors, ESCs, batteries and the occasional items I just can't find anywhere else.
4 - I don't expect anyone on RCU to resolve my issue. I simply want guys to know what happened and how I could have (to some extent) avoided the issue.
5 - I don't need people telling me that I'm stupid or a disloyal American. I simply wanted to place my post where it could do the most good as far as helping someone else avoid the problem I am having.

That said, here is my issue. I placed an order with HK and paid for it immediately with PayPal. The order was on hold due to a back ordered item. I did not want to wait, so I tried to cancel the order using HK's Live Chat because I've never been able to get an answer on their help line. Supposedly the order was cancelled but several days later I received an E-Mail saying the order had been shipped. I again went to Live Chat and really ripped into them because it was my understanding that the order had been cancelled. A couple of days later I received a very polite E-Mail from CS apologizing for their error and instructing me to refuse delivery. That way I would not have to pay the return shipping and I would receive a full refund. I did as instructed and refused to accept delivery. Now, it's been over a month and HK has not issued my refund. Through E-Mails they keep telling me that the package has not yet arrived at their warehouse. I have no way to prove that I did not receive the package or prove that HK has received it. In hind sight, I would have been better off to accept the package then ship it back at my expense so I could have the ability to track the package. To answer an obvious question, this was not a low dollar order, so losing the cost of the return shipping would have been considerably less of a loss.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:42 PM
rcmiket

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Mike
No Mike , I think youve got it somewhat wrong . Most people I see who post their negative experiences with hk seem to be doing exactly what the second part of your statement says , , Namely warning other modelers with the good sense to listen to stay far away from the cheap junk peddler , but I've never seen anyone post looking for a specfic resolution from crap king here . After all , as everyone knows , they wont even answer their OWN telephone number , why in the heck would they come here to try to help a customer that they wronged ????

Gee why am I not surprised coming from you I'm wrong. Look I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you here like what occurred on the other site. I have posted nothing wrong read my post I never said don't post negative stuff did I? I said let your funding source handle it. Then I posted this "Sure posting the details here might keep someone else some grief but that's about all it will do. Hope you get your issue worked out." What more do you want? Why not just come forward and admit you and your freinds from RC Truth hate Hobby King and run around labeling anyone who posts that had a good transaction "shills". Good God I even made you 'shill" list. I'm in this for fun nothing else. I buy from a lot of vendors including HK so what and why's it you business anyway? Your obsession with bringing down Hobby King is going no where fast isn't it? On a side note I have stayed away from most of the vendor forums for the last few months due to the trash that was being slung around. I've noticed they have pretty much calmed down seine you and you lynch mob where tossed off for not abiding but the simple rules.
Regards
Mike
Old 11-26-2011, 02:50 PM
init4fun

Mike

Look I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you here like what occurred on the other site. I have posted nothing wrong read my post I never said don't post negative stuff did I? I said let your funding source handle it. Then I posted this ''Sure posting the details here might keep someone else some grief but that's about all it will do. Hope you get your issue worked out.'' What more do you want? Why not just come forward and admit you and your freinds from RC Truth hate Hobby King and run around labeling anyone who posts that had a good transaction ''shills''. Good God I even made you 'shill'' list. I'm in this for fun nothing else. I buy from a lot of vendors including HK so what and why's it you business anyway? Your obsession with bring down Hobby King is going no where fast isn't it? Hobby King. On a side note I have stayed away from most of the vendor forums for the last few months due to the trash that was being slung around. I've noticed they have pretty much calmed down seine you and you lynch mob where tossed off for not abiding but the simple rules.
Regards
Mike

Wow , , Someone struck a nerve , or what ????? All I was saying is that , In spite of your earlier statment to the contrary , I dont see people coming here seeking redress from HK ..... Thats all , , , Its YOU who is bringing other baggage into the thread , and BTW , , >>> I
Old 11-26-2011, 02:54 PM
rcmiket

[quote]ORIGINAL: init4fun

Mike

Look I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you here like what occurred on the other site. I have posted nothing wrong read my post I never said don't post negative stuff did I? I said let your funding source handle it. Then I posted this ''Sure posting the details here might keep someone else some grief but that's about all it will do. Hope you get your issue worked out.'' What more do you want? Why not just come forward and admit you and your freinds from RC Truth hate Hobby King and run around labeling anyone who posts that had a good transaction ''shills''. Good God I even made you 'shill'' list. I'm in this for fun nothing else. I buy from a lot of vendors including HK so what and why's it you business anyway? Your obsession with bring down Hobby King is going no where fast isn't it? Hobby King. On a side note I have stayed away from most of the vendor forums for the last few months due to the trash that was being slung around. I've noticed they have pretty much calmed down seine you and you lynch mob where tossed off for not abiding but the simple rules.
Regards
Mike

Wow , , Someone struck a nerve , or what ????? All I was saying is that , In spite of your earlier statment to the contrary , I dont see people coming here seeking redress from HK ..... Thats all , , , Its YOU who is bringing other baggage into the thread , and BTW , , >>> I
Old 11-26-2011, 02:59 PM
init4fun

[quote]ORIGINAL: rcmiket

[quote]ORIGINAL: init4fun

Mike

Regards
Mike

Old 11-26-2011, 03:03 PM
rcmiket

Don't visit the site ( there's enough hate in the world)I was referring to all the crap that went down at RCG.
Mike
Old 11-26-2011, 03:12 PM
init4fun

Don't visit the site ( there's enough hate in the world)I was referring to all the crap that went down at RCG.
Mike

Ok then , , go to RCG and find me calling you a shill , , In fact , , YOUR one of the ones I can clearly remember NOT calling a shill !!!!

Now , I realise youve had issues with several others over your defense of HK , Thats no my problem . I havnt called you anything , I applauded your apology to Easytiger , And I'll not take this disagreement any further . If your looking for the "bad guy" at RC Truth , well I'd like to see the post where its me !!!

PS , If ya dont read over there , HOW exactly is it that you know some folks over there mentioned you ?

Over , and out ....... [8D]
Old 11-26-2011, 03:36 PM
rcmiket

I was brought to my attention by a freind ( who couldn't believe it and thought I might like to know). Considering the source I really could care less.
Mike
Old 11-26-2011, 06:09 PM
carrellh

I did as instructed and refused to accept delivery. Now, it's been over a month and HK has not issued my refund. Through E-Mails they keep telling me that the package has not yet arrived at their warehouse. I have no way to prove that I did not receive the package or prove that HK has received it. In hind sight, I would have been better off to accept the package then ship it back at my expense so I could have the ability to track the package.
Too bad foresight is never as good as hindsight... If the time limit to file a claim through paypal has not expired, that's what I'd do.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Link119

Hobbyking has a history of support problems. Customer service is not their forte. Therefore, buy if you are willing to take the risk, and hope you dont have to deal with their support.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:26 AM
michaelj878
My Feedback: (6)

just a question from an onlooker, how much cash has america in the bank, and how much cash has china in the bank, just wondering!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, rcmiket and init4fun: You guys are teetering on breaking the RCU rules as far as personal attacks and flaming go. Do the right thing and clean up the flaming posts (recommended), or i will have to do it for you (not recommended).

Thanks guys! Deadeye

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.