Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

R/C club in Laramie.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:00 PM
hexonxonx
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C club in Laramie.

i am a new resident to Laramie and would like to bring folks together for some indoor 1/18 scale racing. i have been checking out vacant buildings in the area and i`m open to any other suggestions. my next plan is to approach the colleges to see if they have any facilities they would allow us to use . i think 1/18 scale would be the most cost effective class as they are plentiful and cheap on e-bay and a smaller facility could be used. i have been in the hobby since 1988 and have seen many clubs ruined by the few who spend an obscene amount of money to get an advantage that takes the fun out of it for the majority and the club collapses. with that said i feel we should be strict with no brushless motors to and a lithium 2 cell limit that fits in an unmodified battery compartment. i do not have an automated lap counter but if this club is a success we could afford on in a year. i prefer the name of the club to be "Crumb-Bum Racing Club " = defining us as simple and cheap. there is a club in Fort Collins for 1/10th scale indoor carpet but i prefer to start a local club. i have had great times in this hobby and felt is was awesome to have open practice on Saturday nights , something that suits me more than runnin around to the loud obnoxious bar scene, with racing on Sundays startin at noon or after the church folks are done with their worship. every body`s welcome. i will be making flyers soon and posting them around town . if your interested send me a message and please spread the word. Happy Holidays = Shawn.