Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

HobbyKing Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:48 PM
imp3r10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyKing Commercial

Just today I saw a HobbyKing commercial(in the United States). Totally caught me offguard.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:33 AM
oskartek

Default RE: HobbyKing Commercial

What time of day?
During what kind of programming?
Local or national?(aparently national)
Which network?
It was seen by a friend of mine here in southern Utah.

Just curious as to how much they spent.

Happy flying, Oscar
Old 11-25-2011, 04:32 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found this:
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSEKJthwcIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSEKJthwcIk[/link]

Old 11-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Yep, been seeing it on Nat Geo (or maybe it was discover, dont remember). They got a good ad agency.
Edwin
Old 11-25-2011, 08:12 PM
topspin

It's a little creepy.[X(]
Old 11-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Why is that?
Old 11-26-2011, 08:53 AM
topspin

To me it just has a sort of Jerry Sandusky feel about it. The old guy slips out making sure his wife doesn't wake up an then goes messing around with some kid. Then there's the hugging scene ala Brokeback Mountain that just looks all wrong.

But what the heck, it's Hobby King. I guess when they're not stealing peoples money they are out doing other stuff.....[X(]
Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

[:@] Gee , I didnt see any mention of the warrenty ya wont get in that commercial .......... So much for "truth in advertising" ........
Old 12-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw it last night during Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel. Actually, they had the short segment with the announcer saying "this program brought to you by ..."

Here is a better video.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHaVoPN7MaE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/link]

Rafael
Old 12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rafael23cc

I saw it last night during Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel. Actually, they had the short segment with the announcer saying ''this program brought to you by ...''

Here is a better video.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHaVoPN7MaE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/link]

Rafael

Same. I did a mental spittake, backed it up and watched it again. I thought I'd misheard, but nope. HobbyKing logo and everything.

Tower, it's time to start advertising. Flaunt your customer service, HK can't answer to that!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:23 PM
20prcnt

yep tower beter step it up as for most of all the other good suppliers. had to order from hobby king 3 weeks ago and i guess you all know the rest, the parts were backordered and now they are in and still have not been sent. oh and the took my money out my account upon the order.they get to here from me tomorrow, maybe ill let my blood sugar drop and go visit them personaly.might be worth it.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
topspin

Tower, if you do a TV commercial try different approach. Go to a fly-in and show people flying 3D or pylon racing, something interesting.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:44 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

A guy and his son enjoying a morning flight together isn't good enough for you I guess. You had to find something sick to say about it. Pretty obvious Hobby King could cure Cancer and you'd find fault in it., Time to move on dude.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:36 PM
topspin

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

A guy and his son enjoying a morning flight together isn't good enough for you I guess. You had to find something sick to say about it. Pretty obvious Hobby King could cure Cancer and you'd find fault in it., Time to move on dude.

Comming from a guy who posts a picture of himself sticking his toung out just doesn't hold much water.

Besides I'm not th only one who thinks the HK commercial is goofy.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: topspin

Tower, if you do a TV commercial try different approach. Go to a fly-in and show people flying 3D or pylon racing, something interesting.

Keep in mind that most of what each of us likes is boring to a bunch of others. My neighbor has a garden railroad. Not THAT'S boring![&:]
Old 12-05-2011, 02:05 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

I think they wasted their money... I don't think the audience for RC is high enough to make cable advertising profitable. Now the Susanne Summers thigh master, different product.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:38 PM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

I think they wasted their money... I don't think the audience for RC is high enough to make cable advertising profitable. Now the Susanne Summers thigh master, different product.
Realy, I have cable
Seams to me they put it in front of a few RCers or why else would we be talking about it,, the Ad worked if you ask me
Old 12-05-2011, 03:28 PM

Idunno what you were watching but all I saw was the logo with a voiceover going "Mythbusters is brought to you by HobbyKing". And then it cut to a mesothelioma lawsuit ad.

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

Realy, I have cable
Seams to me they put it in front of a few RCers or why else would we be talking about it,, the Ad worked if you ask me

No it didn't. I'm not sure why people think ads are to drive up publicity. They aren't. They're to get people to buy stuff from that company, or in the case of a specific product, buy that product. The LAST thing HK wants is us talking about them, what they want is us buying stuff, and judging by the response here the ad failed horribly...in this demographic at least.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:36 PM
scale only 4 me

One thing never leads to another?? So in your mind every ad that doesn't directly result in a sale is a failure?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:58 PM

Hobbyking does not want hobbyists to talk about it. The conversation will, as inevitably as the sun rising every morning, focus on their legendarily bad customer service. That will, in turn, result in less sales than if they hadn't run the ad in the first place!

What they want is people buying their stuff. Their ads need to make their products look appealing to the point people don't bother doing any research and whip the credit card out before the website has a chance to load.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:34 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Quality of the commercial aside.....Who get's up and flies before the sun is up ?? It's not like your going hunting or fishing !!