Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Hobby King - Dispicable Service

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Hobby King - Dispicable Service

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hobby King - Dispicable Service

ORIGINAL: cheezer1222

ORIGINAL: pdm52956

There are so many posts about problems with them
People sometimes don't realize that the most vocal customers of a business are the ones who have been wronged. Not everybody has had bad experiences with HK. That being said, hopefully everything turns out OK for the OP.
You're absolutely right cheezer. That's pretty much SOP in any business. For instance, we utilize a "Customer Survey" at work in order to attempt to gauge how we've done our job. If done well, we generally don't get any reply back while if done poorly, we hear all about it.

I didn't mean to insinuate that everyone has had bad experiences with them, just that with the number of posts/comments concerning their poor customer service ability, one would have to think twice before purchasing from them. At least I would.

So, that said, hope it works out still.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R
I've been lucky. I have ordered twice from HK. Both times lipos from the Amreican warehouse. Both orders went smoothly. But that is about as far as I plan to push my luck. I will only order in stock items at the USA warehouse, and most likely just the Turnigy lipos.
Ditto!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:49 AM
snoozer
My Feedback: (41)

In response to rgburill, the issue is not the back ordered item.

The issue is Hobby Kings failure to cancel to order as requested then to ship the order. This was followed by their instructions to refuse to accept delivery in order to get the package returned to them, admitting that they made a mistake by not canceling the order. Now, my problem is getting them to admit that the package has been received and making the refund they promised. It's now been almost 40 days since the package was sent back to Hobby King. Yet, they keep telling me that they have not received the package. I don't have a problem understanding that they want the package before they issue a refund, but rather that they keep NOT telling me when I should expect to receive my refund. I have trouble believing that the package has not yet arrived at their warehouse.

Until I receive the full refund as promised I can only feel that Hobby King has stolen money from me.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:52 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: rgburrill

In hindsight wouldn't it have to better to just accept the partial shipment and not make such a big fuss about the backorder?

Yeah, why would you fuss about items that were in stock when you placed your order and then suddenly became BO after the company had taken your money? I just can't imagine. Actually I don't know anyone who would not have been mad as hell if the same thing happened to them. Read Snoozers post again and ask yourself if you would not be furious at Hobby King. I know I would.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Another example of how China has got us by the gonads.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:42 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: snoozer

In response to rgburill, the issue is not the back ordered item.

The issue is Hobby Kings failure to cancel to order as requested then to ship the order.
This is one of the biggest things I've always wondered about HK. They have no means of electronically canceling an order after it's been paid for (but before it's shipped). I can only imagine that having to have one of their customer support people cancel the order has to be just as big of a headache for them as it is for the customer. I can't imagine their web designer couldn't add that sort of functionality into the existing site with relative ease.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 AM
donfl3344
My Feedback: (12)

I ordered 144.00usd worth of products on Oct. 20th and paid for them with paypal (ID#71U892505F000502C) and you still show it as unpaid. Whats going on? I expect to be ripped off every now and then by people on the internet but not from a big company like yours that I have been doing business with for so long.
I have been waiting to start a project expecting to receive my order any day and now I find out that I will have to wait another month to get my stuff (if I get it at all). I hope that you don't try to say that you didn't get the payment because paypal has the details.
You need to get my things shipped and not by the slow freight, I don't deserve to have to wait another month just because you screwed up and didn't enter my payment.
I need someone to reply right away so I will know whats going on.
Johnnie

This is a email I sent to HK and the response was that they would have to look into it....they did and said that, because of a moden time out, the money, altho deposited into their account did not show up on their computers. They said the would send the order right out, several days later I ask if it was shipped and they said it was being prosessed right then and as soon as it was processed it would be sent to shipping. A few days later I asked if it was shipped and they said it was in the process of being shipped and I requested that they might send it by the fast shipping and they said I would have to pay the extra shipping. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE... It took me over two months to get my order.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
michaelj878
My Feedback: (6)

spend your money locally, stop sending your money overseas, when our countries are digging themselves into a debt hole the first thing to do is stop digging,,,,,,,
Old 11-29-2011, 01:14 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

... I have filed a dispute with PayPal but until I receive the full refund as promised I will not do any more business with Hobby King. Such poor business practices would not be tolerated by a US based company.
Really? No US based company has such poor business practices? No US based company has such a poor BBB rating?

Do you, per chancework for a US based company? Because there sure are a lot of similar threads about one such US based business.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:15 PM
blueapplepaste
My Feedback: (5)

Just order from HobbyPartz (based in US) and be done with it. i haven't ordered from HK in a couple of years now, not missing it one bit.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:23 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

snoozer you have my sympathies as I HATE THEM TOO!!! back in april I bought fairly large order of batteries and from the usa warehouse too! I received a notice from the post office that the arrived and was deemed"UNDELIVERABLE" as the zipcode written on the package at the warehouse was wrong.soooooooo the post office sent the package back to washington state home of the warehouse. that was may 27th.I spoke with one of their crack represenatives who said they would re-send it when they got it back.like you they kept saying it wasnt back yet.and they needed to determine who made the error althought the agent checked my account and admitted the error was theirs. then I said just send me a new package as it was paid.nope have to wait for confirmation.now its almost the end of august! they finally sent an email stating it arrived at the warehouse and would re send it when I send them the shipping fee.I was ballistic and argurued they made the error and I had paid the shipping previously.I then said just send me a refund.finally mid september I got my money minus the 9.54 shipping.

HK is decidedly the absolute worst customer service company on the planet.there are plenty of better places to buy batteries

hobby king sucks!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:24 PM
rgburrill

ORIGINAL: topspin

In hindsight wouldn't it have to better to just accept the partial shipment and not make such a big fuss about the backorder?

Yeah, why would you fuss about items that were in stock when you placed your order and then suddenly became BO after the company had taken your money? I just can't imagine. Actually I don't know anyone who would not have been mad as hell if the same thing happened to them. Read Snoozers post again and ask yourself if you would not be furious at Hobby King. I know I would.
Perhaps I am reading it wrong. Perhaps he is NOT saying that they shipped him some or all ofthe items he ordered even though they told him they cancelled it. Perhaps he did not receive the items and then ship them back because he was ticked. Yeah, perhaps I did read it wrong. Or perhaps I just accept that sometimes bad things happen but patience will win out. The squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease - some people like to hear it scream.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:27 PM
rgburrill

Man, you guys make PayPal look like a real douchebag.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

Oh no! The kids in the sandbox are fighting again![X(]
Wow, I was just fixing to ask how old they were and you beat me to the punch with this.

As much as I hate to admit it I have ordered from them multiple times without incident. I've bought batteries, lights, parts, and many others. Never an issue. On any order that I have used PayPal and had an issue it was backed up 100% by PayPal, now mind you none of those were with HK. I didn't always get what I hoped for when my merchandise arrived from HK, sometimes it was poor quality, but hey I knew the risks when I ordered. As far as the batteries go, I've never gotten a bad one from HK and that is more than I can say for some of the BIG NAMES.

That's my two cents and now I'm outa here before I get sand in my eyes. LOL

P.S. For the youngsters in here, take a look at PayPals policy for dispute resolution. It may surprise you and I can assure you it works.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:11 PM
topspin

... I have filed a dispute with PayPal but until I receive the full refund as promised I will not do any more business with Hobby King. Such poor business practices would not be tolerated by a US based company.
Really? No US based company has such poor business practices? No US based company has such a poor BBB rating?

Do you, per chance work for a US based company? Because there sure are a lot of similar threads about one such US based business.
Do you by any chance work for a Chinese based company? You see how easy it is to make the same argument. There is simply no excuse for utter disregard of customer service from a company that claims to be so large. They can afford a legal team to fight against German businesses yet they couldn't afford to send a guy a two buck servo to replace a defective one. What's wrong with this picture..

The fact is that it doesn't really matter where they are based and companies in the US that have poor track records have paid the price. Treat your customers right or they will go somewhere else, simple as that.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:19 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jezmo

Wow, I was just fixing to ask how old they were and you beat me to the punch with this.

As much as I hate to admit it I have ordered from them multiple times without incident. I've bought batteries, lights, parts, and many others. Never an issue. On any order that I have used PayPal and had an issue it was backed up 100% by PayPal, now mind you none of those were with HK. I didn't always get what I hoped for when my merchandise arrived from HK, sometimes it was poor quality, but hey I knew the risks when I ordered. As far as the batteries go, I've never gotten a bad one from HK and that is more than I can say for some of the BIG NAMES.

P.S. For the youngsters in here, take a look at PayPals policy for dispute resolution. It may surprise you and I can assure you it works.

Ya know , , I was just sittin here tryin to decide which is MORE childish , , , Coming into a man's thread telling him he has no right to post it , , , , Or , , , Coming into a thread where a man lays out a legitimate complaint against some junk peddler , to crow about how swell all YOUR orders have went ..... Hmmmm ........ Tough choice .....
Old 11-29-2011, 02:29 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03

snoozer you have my sympathies as I HATE THEM TOO!!! back in april I bought fairly large order of batteries and from the usa warehouse too! I received a notice from the post office that the arrived and was deemed''UNDELIVERABLE'' as the zipcode written on the package at the warehouse was wrong.soooooooo the post office sent the package back to washington state home of the warehouse. that was may 27th.I spoke with one of their crack represenatives who said they would re-send it when they got it back.like you they kept saying it wasnt back yet.and they needed to determine who made the error althought the agent checked my account and admitted the error was theirs. then I said just send me a new package as it was paid.nope have to wait for confirmation.now its almost the end of august! they finally sent an email stating it arrived at the warehouse and would re send it when I send them the shipping fee.I was ballistic and argurued they made the error and I had paid the shipping previously.I then said just send me a refund.finally mid september I got my money minus the 9.54 shipping.

HK is decidedly the absolute worst customer service company on the planet.there are plenty of better places to buy batteries

hobby king sucks!!!
I had the same thing happen. File a complaint through Paypal. Don't bother working with HK. You'll get all your money back, plus less runaround. It hasn't stopped me from doing business with HK, but like I said, I don't really even bother with their customer support anymore. If nothing happens after a week, I let Paypal handle it.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
pdm52956
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: init4fun

ORIGINAL: Jezmo

Ya know , , I was just sittin here tryin to decide which is MORE childish , , , Coming into a man's thread telling him he has no right to post it , , , , Or , , , Coming into a thread where a man lays out a legitimate complaint against some junk peddler , to crow about how swell all YOUR orders have went ..... Hmmmm ........ Tough choice .....
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2011, 02:41 PM
init4fun

Yer right , I wasnt supposed to be back till page 3 ...... Funny how this stuff happens , eh ?????

Now , if we can ALL get past callin each other children , trolls , and using unmentionable words like the one in a few posts before mine (post #38 , for those keepin score) , , maybe some others would like to offer up some helpfull advise , , , Ya know , , before all the outlandish posts succede in their mission to close yet ANOTHER "bad bad HK" thread .....
Old 11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Gixxy
My Feedback: (18)

I can honestly say I've placed over 20 orders with HobbyKing and never had a problem with a single order. That being said, I know I'm always taking a bit of a risk buying so cheaply from them. But for the savings I've had it outweighs what I would have spent otherwise even if I ever happen to receive a sub par product from them in the future. I'm also very picky about what I purchase from any discount hobby supply chain. I still shop just as much with Horizon and other chains but Hobby King does have some great services to offer. I can't speak for their customer service, I just assume it's mostly non existant. I can say I've had fantastic service from both Tower and Horizon. If you want to take a gamble you can reap the benefits, but you can't complain if you lose. This doesn't really go for the OP who hasn't received anything but I don't understand what's so tough about filing a charge back or paypal dispute. If they cant show the product was delivered you'll get your money back.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:49 PM
GerKonig

I did quite some purchases starting 3 years ago. Never a problem. LAST MONTH I ordered 2 Zippy batteries one 4x5000 and one 6x5000. Eell, first probem, ony one arrived (but the total amout had been paid). No phone to call, I sent an e-mail to customer service thinking I am toast. That same day I got an anser, and they shipped the missing 4 cell pack.

The following week, when i go to charge the 6 cell battery, the charger does not recognize the battery. I connect the balancer and it reads ) for all 6 cells. The thing is dead like a stone. Sent e-ail, they asked for a picture. Sent picture, they asked me to send the battery back. so I did. Since the warehouse is US based, the shipping cost was only a couple of bucks.

These are my caveats with HK

a) NEVER buy something you need right away. Go to a hobby store or use Tower or any other
b) ALWAYS pay with PayPal
c) ALWAYS make sure what you are ordering is in stock
d) IF POSSIBLE buy stuff from their US Warehouse
e) I would not buy something big and fragile (like a kit) from HK
f) I would not buy something that might need service I cannot provide (like a gas engine)

And the last. REMEMBER now they have competition. Nitroplanes also sells electric motors, so does Hobbypartz. HK was out of the motors I wanted, and I got a 1.6 motor from Hobbypartz for less than $50. I also got a power source of Hobbypartz (HK) had it also, but in china Hobby Patz had them locally. I had one question for Hobby Partz, and they never answered my e-mails. The motor is absolutely a blast, for an incredible price. My Giant Stick takes off in 10 feet, and goes vertical from there on 10 cells.

Gerry

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21641.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	1693091  
Old 11-29-2011, 02:50 PM
init4fun

ORIGINAL: Gixxy

I can honestly say I've placed over 20 orders with HobbyKing and never had a problem with a single order. That being said, I know I'm always taking a bit of a risk buying so cheaply from them. But for the savings I've had it outweighs what I would have spent otherwise even if I ever happen to receive a sub par product from them in the future. I'm also very picky about what I purchase from any discount hobby supply chain. I still shop just as much with Horizon and other chains but Hobby King does have some great services to offer. I can't speak for their customer service, I just assume it's mostly non existant. I can say I've had fantastic service from both Tower and Horizon. If you want to take a gamble you can reap the benefits, but you can't complain if you lose. This doesn't really go for the OP who hasn't received anything but I don't understand what's so tough about filing a charge back or paypal dispute. If they cant show the product was delivered you'll get your money back.

Hi Gixxy ,

I think the OP's problem is that , due to HK's purposful delay tactics , the window of opportunity for filing a paypall claim has been exceded . HK aint stupid , they darned well know that if they tie up the order for more than 30 days , the hapless customer is totally without protection . Nice customer "service" .......

Old 11-29-2011, 03:04 PM
grimbeaver

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

a) NEVER buy something you need right away. Go to a hobby store or use Tower or any other
f) I would not buy something that might need service I cannot provide (like a gas engine)
Good rules but change rule b:

b) ALWAYS pay with PayPal via CREDIT CARD

It's much easier to dispute the charge with your CC company if something goes wrong then it is to try and get your money back from PayPal. Same reason I never use a check card to shop online. Once the money is gone from your bank account things are much more difficult.

As for the original poster, I'm sure a refused shipment goes back to HK via the slowest method possible so it seems totally feasible that it could take a month or two to get back to them.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:23 PM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: grimbeaver

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

Good rules but change rule b:

b) ALWAYS pay with PayPal via CREDIT CARD

It's much easier to dispute the charge with your CC company if something goes wrong then it is to try and get your money back from PayPal. Same reason I never use a check card to shop online. Once the money is gone from your bank account things are much more difficult.

As for the original poster, I'm sure a refused shipment goes back to HK via the slowest method possible so it seems totally feasible that it could take a month or two to get back to them.

Yes, you bring up a very important issue. I use PayPal a lot, even to pay contractors. The idea of using a card is that the money does not come out of your bank directly, and you have another "layer" of defense in your favor. PayPal tries to get my bank account number almost every time I use them:-) Since my payments are always small, under 2K, using a credit card is not a problem:-)

Good point, never give PayPal your bank account. Only a card number:-)

Gerry

Old 11-29-2011, 04:14 PM
yosephwhite
My Feedback: (34)

I Got an airplane from them (HK) and 2 of the retract servos burned out on power-up. Thinking they would just send out replacements I called them.... They wanted me to send the bad ones back at my cost (we are talking 2-$3.00 servos here on a $160.00 plane) so I just got some locally and replaced them. I would sugest to call them everyday and just keep pestering them, who knows you might get lucky and hit on someone that will help. Any time I buy something online and not from a local shop I run the risk of bad (or no) support. It seems the cheaper the price the more chance it will happen. Ya puts down your money and ya takes your chances. Sorry for your trouble.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.