Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Freakin Post Office!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:37 PM
BGCombs
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freakin Post Office!

Ordered a ne GP Super Skybolt and a ton of parts form my LHS. LHS shipped them to me. Did not arrive, the LHS got a call from the USPS stating that the box he shipped to be showed up at their sort center mid way here opened and EMPTY! So now he has to file a claim and reoder everything. What a bunch of thieves. And these are the people who' s salaries and benefits have run the Post Office into the ground.

Sorry, for the rant. No loss to me or the LHS out of pocket, but we all end up paying for some government thief taking what they want with apparently no one watching....

I know I am not alone....
Old 12-08-2011, 04:51 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Freakin Post Office!

Could have been stolen or it could be crushed to bits if the contents emptied on a sorting machine or conveyor or scattered on a floor somewhere. I assume it was packaged properly or they would have denied any claim.
Maybe this time he will double box it and seal it up good!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:04 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

USPS goes through subcontractors also during shipment. May not have been a gov't employee, don't be so quick to point. If it was insured, that's what the insurance is for. I think sort centers should have video surveillance for loss protection if they don't already.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Lesson here is: don't use USPS. I always insist on Fedex or UPS, even if I have to pay more.

Their quality of service has been degraded to the point that they are now a 3rd rate service. They did bring this upon themselves, unfortunately.

Bliksem
Old 12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
flyinwalenda

Can't make that statement either. They all have their issues. Some folks never have problems with one while others always have problems. I think it has everything to do with location.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:55 PM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Yes, I know they all have issues but have you tried to deal with USPS? Pathetic their service is. <Yoda speak>

The company I work for used to use USPS to ship 1000's parcels across the country but due to their declining service levels we have been forced to switch to pricier alternatives. Price is not the only metric when choosing a carrier. Quality and consistency is a must.

Personally, if a vendor won't use my carrier of choice then no deal.

Bliksem
Old 12-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Shaun Evans

Hi,

They all have their problems, but I've had WAY better luck and service from USPS than FedEx or UPS. Better prices, too. I just make sure to buy insurance and tracking.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:27 PM
flyinwalenda

Same here. I have had more damaged items by FedEx and UPS than USPS.
Should say that it was all my shipments going out and I always over pack.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:41 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

+1

I never had any problems with USPS and I'm overseas and use them frequently [8D]
Old 12-14-2011, 01:03 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

My problem with USPS is that twice I have failed to receive packages they say they delivered. At out post office, if the carrier says it was delivered, that is the end of it. I live on a dead end street with only one house past mine, so very little traffic. I promise you, nobody took the stuff out of my mailbox. It was not delivered, but since the carrier said it was, the post office washes its hands of it. They don't even really want to talk to me about it. That just isn't right.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:40 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Yeah. i can understand your frustration! there must be a bad apple among the delivery personnel. get yourself a cheapy PC camera feed & record the days you wait for a package on it. you might see what happens
OR put a fake camera so everyone can see it, works wonders for me :d