Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

And , In other STUPID rc news ............

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

And , In other STUPID rc news ............

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 06:15 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default And , In other STUPID rc news ............

[:@] This morning's local news out of Waltham , Mass. has the FBI investigating why a remote controlled plane was landed on the roof of a federal building there . The news did say that it appeared to be NOT a terrorist act , but that a hobbiest lost control of his "toy airplane" (their words , not mine) and that no charges were expected to be filed .........

So , thanks to that dolt in Ashland , Mass. who wanted to fly rc planes into the pentagon , this is the kind of mistake that our hobby REALLY dont need right about now ........

I think if I knew there was a federal building within crashing range of my field , i'd find a DIFFERENT field to fly at ...................
Old 12-09-2011, 06:28 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: And , In other STUPID rc news ............

It's still a post 911 world,, just gunna have to deal with it.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:38 AM
ccostant
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: And , In other STUPID rc news ............

Agreed. I doubt this guy is associated with any club in the area and probably doesn't belong to the AMA. From the quick pictures I saw on the local news it's probably a park flyer. Still bad press for the hobby.