Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Who runs this site

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 06:17 PM
numb3rulz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who runs this site

Is Burt and Ernie your webmasters? Now the classifieds are infected with virus's. There is not one week that this site doesn't have something wrong with it or doesn't load at all.

Get it together RCU. Great site but you need some talent to run it.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:54 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Who runs this site

*sigh* Are you using AVG and getting a HTML/ Framer warning? If so, read this before complaining; http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic331842.html It's just a false alarm from AVG.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:41 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes, we know about the issue with the virus. As far as I know it's not actually RCU infected, but more than likely it's coming through a third party content provider. However, the issues have been sent to our programmers so that they can track it down. I know it may not mean much to you to hear this, but I'm just as frustrated as you are by this. Many of the things I need to do on a daily basis here at RCU I'm not able to do right now because of this problem. So I'm hoping right along with you that they track it down quickly.

Ken
Old 08-26-2012, 03:09 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is Burt and Ernie your webmasters?
That right there is funny! It also describes how I feel with all the delays tonight.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Live Wire

Who and what is this Colector1231 Looks like fhe came from no where.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:35 PM
numb3rulz

Oh yes collector1231 (member since 2010) I should just ignore my antivirus for this 1 website out of all the hundreds of site I visit in a week ... There is just too may people like you in the world these days. A lot of opinion and little knowledge.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:00 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

Who and what is this Colector1231 Looks like fhe came from no where.
I'm pretty active in the Offroad fourms and you look like an airplane guy, so we do not see each other too much.

ORIGINAL: numb3rulz

Oh yes collector1231 (member since 2010) I should just ignore my antivirus for this 1 website out of all the hundreds of site I visit in a week ... There is just too may people like you in the world these days. A lot of opinion and little knowledge.
FYI, i do my research before posting. Computers make errors. Same thing with Antivirus programs. It's kind of like going to a doctor, you have a certain surgery in mind, and the doctor has another surgery in mind, and suggests his surgery idea. The doctor's a pro, you should listen to him. You guys have to trust fellow RCU Members. I know my computers and viruses.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Live Wire

Yup
You have to tell the doctor what to look for before he knows any thing. Just like a computer tech. he is just as much in the dark as a doctor until you let him know what to look for. But what we have had to put up with here this last well it could be worse, we could be with out it and have to go elsewhere. Yes I am in planes a lot of years
Old 08-29-2012, 02:32 PM
numb3rulz

Turned of my AVG to view the site then ran a scan....... Found 7 viruses on my PC all Frame intrusions.