Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bad experience at Razor hobbies in Baytown Texas

Very unprofessional, I went in twice with cash in hand wanting to buy a crawler first and then batteries the second time and he had no interest in helping me. Sat for ten minutes waiting for him to quit building a rack to find me a pair of batteries and then he jumped up to help a guy that was "thinking about buying a micro heli". Very unsatisified with service and availability of parts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Bad experience at Razor hobbies in Baytown Texas

screw that, your better off ordering from tower.... unless his prices can compete, and he is conveniently close
    \"Propellers are notorious for inflicting serious bodily harm while vigorously defending their space\" George Aldrich

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

He was convenient but I called him and asked if he had the batteries I was lookin for and he said that he had them but when I got there no batteries

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Might be more to the story than is presented here? Doesn't sound quite right to me?[:@]
    Gizmo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went in the first day and wanted to buy a crawler and he wouldnt look up to tell me about the redcat he had. Then I called yesterday and asked if he had the batteries I was lookin for and he told me yes, when I got there he was building some sort of rack and was yelling across the shop at a woman that had no clue what she was doing to look here and look there for these batteries and then she starts digging thru a used battery box to sell me some old wore out batteries, while sitting there watching this for ten minutes a guy walked in and said he was thinking about getting into helis and the guy jumped right up to help him and show him his simulator, well it turns out that he didn't even have the batteries, I am very upset with the customer service here and do not recommend this shop to anybody for anything

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If that's the case I would reward him by not being a customer...easy as that.
    Gizmo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just a note on a copy of the emails that i have sent him trying to right the wrong which we were a bit overwhelmed and the batteries that i had were misplaced and put in the back that were for him.

Email is as follows which the offer still stands for you:

Sir it was nothing intentional to create a terrible shopping experience for you. And if i have over looked you i am sorry. To make up for the terrible experience you have had i can send you some batteries for free. Anything to make up for the poor service that you received.

Either i can mail them to you or your choice our shipment just came in with our other order of batteries. So i can make them available for you or mail them to you for free.

Please accept my apology.

Robert Dunn
    832-224-8844

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Charlie wrote:

Email: camarohrod@yahoo.com

I am very unsatisified with your service and professionalism. I came in
    twice with cash in hand to purchase something and you had no interest in
    helping me. The first time I wanted to buy a rock crawler and you wouldn't
    look up from the heli you were building and the second time I called you to
    make sure you had the batteries that I wanted and you told me yes. When I
    got there you would not get up to look for them, all you did was yell out at
    the woman in the shop to look here and look there but when a guy walked in
    "thinking about buying a heli" you jumped right up when I had been waiting
    for ten minutes for the batteries. Bet he didn't even buy a heli and I had
    the money in my pocket to buy the batteries that you told me on the phone
    that you had. I'm very unhappy. I will not recommend your shop or services
    and will post my unsatisfaction on forums.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    from [Offline] Robert Dunn rdunn@razorhobbies.com
    to camarohrod@yahoo.com
    date Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    subject Re: Apology from Razor Hobbies and Free Batteries
    mailed-by razorhobbies.com
    Images from this sender are always displayed. Don't display from now on.

hide details 2:31 PM (8 hours ago)

We have just been overwhelmed with repairs and i was under a deadline with a few of the repairs while i was shorthanded. I did find the other batteries that we could not find while you were here the other day. Our other battery order just came in as well.

Please give me a call so i can arrange to give the free batteries to you to make up for the bad experience.

But as stated before I am extending 2 battery packs to you for free of the 2200mah size.
    Robert Dunn / Razor Hobbies LLC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went in the first day and wanted to buy a crawler and he wouldnt look up to tell me about the redcat he had. Then I called yesterday and asked if he had the batteries I was lookin for and he told me yes, when I got there he was building some sort of rack and was yelling across the shop at a woman that had no clue what she was doing to look here and look there for these batteries and then she starts digging thru a used battery box to sell me some old wore out batteries, while sitting there watching this for ten minutes a guy walked in and said he was thinking about getting into helis and the guy jumped right up to help him and show him his simulator, well it turns out that he didn't even have the batteries, I am very upset with the customer service here and do not recommend this shop to anybody for anything 
    A face-to-face convo with the owner should have been the first order of business, rather than ranting on the interweb. Did you try that?

Also, if you look real close you will find punctuation marks on your keyboard. They look like this:  ? ! .  

I might not be very good, but I'm fun to watch!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: eddieC

I went in the first day and wanted to buy a crawler and he wouldnt look up to tell me about the redcat he had. Then I called yesterday and asked if he had the batteries I was lookin for and he told me yes, when I got there he was building some sort of rack and was yelling across the shop at a woman that had no clue what she was doing to look here and look there for these batteries and then she starts digging thru a used battery box to sell me some old wore out batteries, while sitting there watching this for ten minutes a guy walked in and said he was thinking about getting into helis and the guy jumped right up to help him and show him his simulator, well it turns out that he didn't even have the batteries, I am very upset with the customer service here and do not recommend this shop to anybody for anythingΒ*
    A face-to-face convo with the owner should have been the first order of business, rather than ranting on the interweb. Did you try that?

Also, if you look real close you will find punctuation marks on your keyboard. They look like this:Β* ? ! .Β*Β*

This guy has a legitimate gripe and all u can offer him is punctuation lessons. ***. How condesending is that ?Cheers the pope

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You misspelled 'condescending'. LOL
    I might not be very good, but I'm fun to watch!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys he voiced his concern and we have addressed it. It has been a very hectic holidays.

And i will have to agree there is no real need gripe about punctuation.

We have mailed him 2 battery packs to compensate him for his experience.
    And have gone even further that these are not 2000 and were upgraded to 2 5000mah nimh batteries.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

About time to put this one to bed? Don't think there need to be any more discussion or public bleeding....Razor Hobbies has went the "extra mile" to make this right!
    Gizmo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Over here in aus we can spell it anyway we like. Cheers the pope. P.S. maybr R.H. could give him some petrol $ as well .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: the pope

Over here in aus we can spell it anyway we like. Cheers the pope. P.S. maybr R.H. could give him some petrol $ as well .
    You misspelled maybe.

K-Bob. The K is silent. \"The only time you can have too much fuel is if you are on fire\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

You misspelled maybe.

Holy crap now your picking on me !!!!! Have I spelt crap correctly ? Im starting to feel a bit lonely and unloved. cheers the pope

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

You misspelled maybe.

Holy crap now your picking on me !!!!! Have I spelt crap correctly ? Im starting to feel a bit lonely and unloved. cheers the pope

K-Bob. The K is silent. \"The only time you can have too much fuel is if you are on fire\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hes being compensated with 2 5000mah nimh packs worth about 60 - 70 bucks hes being compensated pretty substantially.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know things like this can happen. I run a one man LHS and during the Christmas rush this can go to pot real quick. Went home yesterday sick as a dog. I find a note on my door this AM from a customer that showed up at 5:30. Dennis
    DadstoysRC. I fly what I sell
    CD Vette City Big Bird

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its tough when your short handed but even tougher when you are short handed and trying manage with 100's of customers online and walking in during the holiday rush.

My phone during the holidays never stopped ringing longer than 10 minutes and it wasnt just people asking about product it was customers online asking about orders and so forth so it can get hectic.

I normally have 5 people helping me so when everyones spending time with family over the holidays your banging your head to try to keep up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Add another problem. this year everybody has been closed on Mon. Can't get any new stock in. Still waiting on UPS and it's 3:30 already. don't know if there come today or not. Dennis
    DadstoysRC. I fly what I sell
    CD Vette City Big Bird

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Razor Hobbies

Hes being compensated with 2 5000mah nimh packs worth about 60 - 70 bucks hes being compensated pretty substantially.
    Yes I think your have done your part, the wise crack about the fuel $ was meant as a joke . I tried to add a smiley but it didnt work. Cheers the pope

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dear sir,
    I got horrible service Sunday evening at your shop... can you please send me two 5 cell 5000 mhr batteries too?
    Thank you for your earliest consideration in this matter.
    Seriously, it sounds to me like you went above and beyond.... any chance of you opening a store closer to me?

Guys he voiced his concern and we have addressed it. It has been a very hectic holidays.

And have gone even further that these are not 2000 and were upgraded to 2 5000mah nimh batteries.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was laughing about your post considering we are not open on Sundays. LOL..

But its all a matter of time we are opening up a new store here in town and also we have been looking into a location in florida as well. Who knows what will happen in the future. Only time will tell.

ORIGINAL: on_your_six

Dear sir,
    I got horrible service Sunday evening at your shop... can you please send me two 5 cell 5000 mhr batteries too?
    Thank you for your earliest consideration in this matter.
    Seriously, it sounds to me like you went above and beyond.... any chance of you opening a store closer to me?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well i got the batteries that he sent me and turns out that one of the batteries is bad, i emailed him to let him know about it on thursday, 1-26, and never heard a response. it dosent do me any good to have only one batterie when i have an emaxx, guess ill go back to the batteries i had to buy at another place when he initially told me that he had them in the store. i still stand by my initial statement that i do not recomend this shop/guy to anybody, poor customer service and poor product support.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If I read it correctly, I thought they sent these batteries to you at no charge ?
    Brian Ray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast