Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Need guidence on durable RTR electric RC Cars

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Need guidence on durable RTR electric RC Cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 06:52 AM
danimal23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need guidence on durable RTR electric RC Cars

I'm getting back into the RC car hobby and I want to purchase an off-road RTR electric vehicle but I'm not familar with the quality of different brands out in the market. Any insights to durable brands and/or key specs to look for when purchasing would greatly be appreciated. My local hobby shop carries the brands of Losi and Duratrax. Duratrax apprears to have more economical prices, but is quality sacrificed??
Old 01-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need guidence on durable RTR electric RC Cars

Duratrax is a house brand of Tower Hobbies parent company Hobbico. I believe Losi is now owned by Horizon Hobby, but started off as a true independent and IMHO is a much better product. Losi is more expensive, but you get what you pay for here. I've always looked at the Duratrax brand as entry level and a "me-too" product. I had some experience with them when the brand was first introduced ten years ago and that experience was not good at all.

Another brand to look at is HPI. I personally think that their Savage monster truck is the best all around backyard basher made. I have one of the original fuel powered Savage 25's and I cannot kill this thing. They make several electric version that should be just as good.

Since you're in Illinois, Tower and Horizon are only a day's shipping away, they're both located in Champaign...