Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

New RC Plane shipping options!

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

New RC Plane shipping options!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:58 AM
RCER88
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New RC Plane shipping options!

HI guys and gals. I found something that might help get planes moved around the country safer! And probably cheaper too.

Try uship.com it is a shipping site, free to join and you can ship just about anything. I see lots of ebay items on there. I am a member and a driver. I am registered as user name StarSysLLC.

There is another, citizenship.com but there is upfront costs to join I think it was $24.00 for 90 days and I have not joined that one yet.

You list the item and take bids for the shipping. Pick the one you want and ship it. You are charged a fee based on the total. As planes are light for the most part you will get a variety of offers. Some will be from freight companies that want you to crate it, others that offer blanket wrap. So you have options.

After reading all the shipping horror stories this might be something worthwhile to try.

If I spot a plane and am in the area and going the right way I will surely bid. I will be out there running around on occasion with my pickup and enclosed trailer. Some of the forty and sixty sized planes I could hang from the ceiling all together. They could ride safely there with nothing more than some bubble wrap between the strap and the plane. Large scale models for me will be on a "as loaded" basis.

Just list them in the "Special Care" section. That would probably be the best for now. They have an "airplanes" section but that is "full scale". Unless they would put a subsection for models. Someone would probably just have to ask. It would probably take getting a few listed to get a subsection. Or a few letters to the site.

Maybe now we can get moves safely and with less expense. It is worth a try!

I thought I would put this out there for you all to check out. I am based in Michigan. Even our Canadian brothers and sisters could take advantage too. I see loads going to Canada all the time. Some go to borders others right to the address.

I will be looking for a normal load to go to Perry GA area for the show in March. I-75 all the way there. Got one going south at that time let me know. If I have room I will bid! Most planes I will do for about fifty bucks each as long as they are close on my route depending on size and "Special handling" or the receiver will meet me. You can also contact me through RCU, PM or email.

Many could be broke down wrapped in bubble wrap and go that way too. As two pieces. Just depends on the plane. That might be a good choice on larger planes.