Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Complain about anything place

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Complain about anything place

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:45 PM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Complain about anything place

Distill, Datstill, if its the right kind of still all you get is alcohol and that has carbon in it.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:20 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Why do people call them turbines? Its a jet engine that has a turbine in it. Some jet engines have multiple turbines in them.

Its like call a car engine a piston.

ORIGINAL: PTERODACTYL

What about people who call an "ENGINE" a motor?
What the hell is a nitro motor?
Is that a "brand" name?
This really cross threads my screws!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:33 AM
DanMN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: DanMN

Nitro or electric? Both suck. Why can't someone come up with a total non carbon footprint enery system for RC vehicles. Nuclear perhaps? Solar doesn't give enough power to do 3D.
I’ve thought about this. How about hydrogen? The only emission from burning hydrogen is water.
“BUT WAITâ€!
Water is a green house gas. Also when water evaporates it releases Carbon, in fact water releases more carbon into the atmosphere then all of mans activities combined. Maybe there is no such thing as “GREEN†energy.
Gotta complain that water is H2O. No carbon to release. Where are you getting this carbon that is released from evaporating water? Please supply the chemical equation that supports this. Complain, complain, complain
Fish swim in water and there are Black smoker sitting on the ocean floor.
fish are carbon base.
Carbon is everywhere
Take a sample of water and test it to see whats in it.
So What do you think happens to everything that is in water when the water evaporates?
DUH.

It more than likely stays in the water that remains, or the container the water is in. The carbon you are talking about is a solid. Do this test. dissolve salt in water and let the water evaporate. Let me know if you have salt left on the bottom of the container. CO2 gas that is what you are talking about. That is a greemhouse gas. Carbon itself doesn't hurt anything. Water doesn't release CO2. CO2 may be emitted from "smoker" on the ocean floor, but it would bubble up through the water, not be absorbed by it. Fish that ARE carbon based will deteriorate in water and be eaten by all forms of life and bacteria. The water doesn't absorb them. Water is H2O. There can be other stuff in it, that is called pollution and organic material. These are substances that can be suspended in water. What evaporates from water is water. Have you ever heard of distilled water? Distilled water is evaporated water. It is pure. Not sure where you are getting this idea from. Please list your sources. OK, I might know a little about organic chemistry Organic chemistry is dealing with carbon my friend. DUH
Old 01-28-2012, 08:38 AM
DanMN

ORIGINAL: cfircav8r

Distill, Datstill, if its the right kind of still all you get is alcohol and that has carbon in it.
The molecular formula for ethanol is C2H5OH. Yes there is carbon in it. If you distill the ethanol, you get more pure ethanol. It doesn't release the carbon..... It needs the carbon to be ethanol. If you remove the carbon, you wouldn't have alcohol. Distillation purifies what you are distilling.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:31 AM
PTERODACTYL
My Feedback: (3)

Nitro or electric? Both suck. Why can't someone come up with a total non carbon footprint enery system for RC vehicles. Nuclear perhaps? Solar doesn't give enough power to do 3D.
I’ve thought about this. How about hydrogen? The only emission from burning hydrogen is water.
“BUT WAITâ€!
Water is a green house gas. Also when water evaporates it releases Carbon, in fact water releases more carbon into the atmosphere then all of mans activities combined. Maybe there is no such thing as “GREEN†energy.
Gotta complain that water is H2O. No carbon to release. Where are you getting this carbon that is released from evaporating water? Please supply the chemical equation that supports this. Complain, complain, complain

Several things here.
First; Evaporation is the process by which water is converted from its liquid form to its vapor form and thus transferring it from land and water masses to the atmosphere. When evaporating the atoms that make up the water doesn’t just disappear.
Second; No where on earth except for maybe in a sterile laboratory can you find pure H2O. Water on the Earth contains many different atoms like iron, sulfur, “Carbon†and Chlorine just to name a few. Tiny little micro spheres of water leaving the surface of the earth transferring to the atmosphere carry with it these other atoms.
Nothing difficult here. No chemical equation necessary just some common senses.
Frozen ice also contains carbon along with other atoms that where present when the ice formed. When the ice melts some of this carbon is released back into the atmosphere.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:47 AM
go vertical

“BUT WAITâ€!

Several things here.
First; Evaporation is the process by which water is converted from its liquid form to its vapor form and thus transferring it from land and water masses to the atmosphere. When evaporating the atoms that make up the water doesn’t just disappear.
Second; No where on earth except for maybe in a sterile laboratory can you find pure H2O. Water on the Earth contains many different atoms like iron, sulfur, “Carbon†and Chlorine just to name a few. Tiny little micro spheres of water leaving the surface of the earth transferring to the atmosphere carry with it these other atoms.
Frozen ice also contains carbon along with other atoms that where present when the ice formed. When the ice melts some of this carbon is released back into the atmosphere.

what the heck are you guys smoking??? water is water nothing else
Old 01-28-2012, 11:45 AM
DanMN

ORIGINAL: go vertical

“BUT WAITâ€!

Several things here.

what the heck are you guys smoking??? water is water nothing else
Thank you vertical! Ptero, please reference your sources for your information! Water doesn't have any other atoms than 1 Hydrogen atoms and 2 Oxygen atom. No other atoms attach themselves!!!!!!! Chlorine, yes, sure that can be in water and does evaporate. Chlorine is in salt (NaCl). But must be separated from the sodium to get pure Cl. This is done by electrolysis (usually). This makes sense. Carbon doesn't evaporate!!!!!! At least not at temps on earth. And yes, chemical equations are necessary to prove what you are saying! Carbon isn't in liquid form in water by itself, carbon is a solid. How in the world would you expect carbon to evaporate??????? Also, carbon by itself doesn't hurt anything!!!!!! CO2 is a greenhouse gas, yes, but it is called carbon dioxide and is a gas. The carbon atom is attached to 2 ozygen atoms. Please reference your sources!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:11 PM
PTERODACTYL
My Feedback: (3)

“BUT WAITâ€!
fish are carbon base.
Carbon is everywhere
So What do you think happens to everything that is in water when the water evaporates?
DUH.

It more than likely stays in the water that remains, or the container the water is in. The carbon you are talking about is a solid. Do this test. dissolve salt in water and let the water evaporate. Let me know if you have salt left on the bottom of the container. CO2 gas that is what you are talking about. That is a greemhouse gas. Carbon itself doesn't hurt anything. Water doesn't release CO2. CO2 may be emitted from ''smoker'' on the ocean floor, but it would bubble up through the water, not be absorbed by it. Fish that ARE carbon based will deteriorate in water and be eaten by all forms of life and bacteria. The water doesn't absorb them. Water is H2O. There can be other stuff in it, that is called pollution and organic material. These are substances that can be suspended in water. What evaporates from water is water. Have you ever heard of distilled water? Distilled water is evaporated water. It is pure. Not sure where you are getting this idea from. Please list your sources. OK, I might know a little about organic chemistry Organic chemistry is dealing with carbon my friend. DUH
I’m talking about the carbon atom that includes CO2

The largest percentages of greenhouse gas is “Waterâ€. A greenhouse gas is a gas in the atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range Dust in the atmosphere also causes the greenhouse effect, even more so for carbon dust. Any carbon atom that is in the atmosphere absorbs and emits radiation whether it’s dust, gas or a solid chunk of carbon. I’m not talking about just CO2. I’m talking about the carbon atom, it makes no diffrents whether it’s a gas or a dust it still absorbs and emits radiation. The carbon cycle of the earth is a cycle in which carbon is transferd from the surface of the earth to the atmosphere then back to the surface. The oceans contain the largest amounts of carbon that is on or near the surface of the earth. The carbon cycle was discovered by Joseph Priestley and someone else I forget.
I have a welding torch that uses carbon to transfer heat to the surface to be welded with out the use of a flame or an arc. It welds steel!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:33 PM
DanMN

“BUT WAITâ€!
fish are carbon base.
Carbon is everywhere
DUH.

It more than likely stays in the water that remains, or the container the water is in. The carbon you are talking about is a solid. Do this test. dissolve salt in water and let the water evaporate. Let me know if you have salt left on the bottom of the container. CO2 gas that is what you are talking about. That is a greemhouse gas. Carbon itself doesn't hurt anything. Water doesn't release CO2. CO2 may be emitted from ''smoker'' on the ocean floor, but it would bubble up through the water, not be absorbed by it. Fish that ARE carbon based will deteriorate in water and be eaten by all forms of life and bacteria. The water doesn't absorb them. Water is H2O. There can be other stuff in it, that is called pollution and organic material. These are substances that can be suspended in water. What evaporates from water is water. Have you ever heard of distilled water? Distilled water is evaporated water. It is pure. Not sure where you are getting this idea from. Please list your sources. OK, I might know a little about organic chemistry Organic chemistry is dealing with carbon my friend. DUH

The largest percentages of greenhouse gas is “Waterâ€. A greenhouse gas is a gas in the atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range Dust in the atmosphere also causes the greenhouse effect, even more so for carbon dust. Any carbon atom that is in the atmosphere absorbs and emits radiation whether it’s dust, gas or a solid chunk of carbon. I’m not talking about just CO2. I’m talking about the carbon atom, it makes no diffrents whether it’s a gas or a dust it still absorbs and emits radiation. The carbon cycle of the earth is a cycle in which carbon is transferd from the surface of the earth to the atmosphere then back to the surface. The oceans contain the largest amounts of carbon that is on or near the surface of the earth. The carbon cycle was discovered by Joseph Priestley and someone else I forget.
I have a welding torch that uses carbon to transfer heat to the surface to be welded with out the use of a flame or an arc. It welds steel!

By their percentage contribution to the greenhouse effect on Earth the four major gases are:[16][17]
water vapor, 36–70%
carbon dioxide, 9–26%
methane, 4–9%
ozone, 3–7%

The major non-gas contributor to the Earth's greenhouse effect, clouds, also absorb and emit infrared radiation and thus have an effect on radiative properties of the atmosphere.[17]

Carbon itself isn't a gas..... Water vapor isn't a hindrance to anything in our biosphere. In fact all these gases are needed in the atmosphere to have life on earth. It's things that add CO2, methane, and ozone, beyond the normal contributors which can cause issues. The carbon cycle has been around since the dawn of time and isn't an issue, but a necessity of life. I need to turn my brain off now. I AM COMPLAINING THAT I HAD TO USE MY BRAIN ON A SATURDAY!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:53 PM
go vertical

“BUT WAITâ€!
fish are carbon base.
Carbon is everywhere
DUH.

CO2 is not H2O
Old 01-28-2012, 01:28 PM
DanMN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect Take a look at this link Ptero. I know it's wikipedia, but it's fairly accurate. "Earth’s natural greenhouse effect makes life as we know it possible. However, human activities, primarily the burning of fossil fuels and clearing of forests, have greatly intensified the natural greenhouse effect, causing global warming.[13]" This is a very important statement. I haven't ever heard of the carbon cycle contributing to greenhouse effect. Carbon as a single element, doesn't have much to do with greenhouse effect. Carbon in a compound does. Carbon dust? Carbon rocks? Those are good.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:48 PM
DanMN

I need to complain that people on another thread are arguing whether prop pitch affects landing speed. The answer I can only think would be yes? Someone can complain about my answer
Old 01-28-2012, 01:50 PM
go vertical

OK in the words of MIKE DITCA STOP IT
Old 01-28-2012, 01:54 PM
DanMN

[:-]
Old 01-28-2012, 02:19 PM
go vertical

I need to complain that people on another thread are arguing whether prop pitch affects landing speed. The answer I can only think would be yes? Someone can complain about my answer
lets all go there and make sure there not talking about wet props
Old 01-28-2012, 03:26 PM
DanMN

I'm complaining now about the MT vs Truggy thread which has erupted from the old, What RC should I buy for $450? thread. Who cares!!!! Buy something! You will buy many more in the future! Just go buy something that you can afford!!!!! I hate those threads! exclamation point
Old 01-28-2012, 03:31 PM
DanMN

ORIGINAL: go vertical

lets all go there and make sure there not talking about wet props
Pretty sure it's dry props. Poor guy just asked a simple question. They now have him, more than likely rebuilding his model to adjust the incedence of something or other and them programming his subtrims to allow for a 12 degree of deflection upon something or other. How about answer this way, Try a slower prop and see what happens?
Old 01-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

My biggest complaint?

The complete and total lack of understanding of basic economics by people who do everything in their power to destroy any company that comes along that isn't already liked by those who consider themselves the elites.

It's no surprise Socialism is accepted without question by many these days.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:45 PM
dgholmes59

I only have 3 days a week to fly!  Stupid work.  [:@]
Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 PM
ES CONTROL

I wish I could just shut up and never type another word.  
This hobby that I am addicted to is going to get me shot.    Why?    Because it is winter and I am not working or spending or going away till March.
 All I can do is cause trouble on RC U .

I Have Cabin Fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:48 PM
ES CONTROL

Who ever came up with the word FREE. 
 Nothins free.

And the saying" money aint everything".  

Old 01-29-2012, 12:11 AM
ES CONTROL

This could go on forever!     This is what man is made of ?      Complaining !

U know what I hate is when someone tells the truth and has to die for it.  
Yes I know Jesus was one.  But I mean you been there done that, And can not even help someone, Because they do not want to hear the truth!

Than later I find out its me, with that German blood that does not want to hear. So really , WHY!             Why do I continue to exist?
Answer:  To be a pain in your ***.

No. I am not going to kill myself.   
Old 01-29-2012, 12:22 AM
ES CONTROL

I had a plan fly my little electric plane this winter .  But Hobby King Back ordered a part .
OK plan B       The flight simulator!   The computer crashed.  So I bought a new one .  It was the wrong one. I sent it back . Got the right one. Now the settings are off and I still have not been able to Fly.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:15 AM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

I'm tired of RCU running slow!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:42 AM
dasquirrelisme
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running slow and signing out. Gotta reset your setting everytime you log on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.